“MY MOMS BIRTHDAY AND JIMMY THE WAITER WAS A GREAT MIX” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Seal Beach, California
“MY MOMS BIRTHDAY AND JIMMY THE WAITER WAS A GREAT MIX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

the dining at romanza's in west wendover nevada just gets better and better each time my family and i go.
lets start with the food! the house salad with the house dressing is so creamy with the perfect amount of herbs with flavor that just bursts in your mouth. the starters, bruschetta with shrimp, big shrimp i might say the tomato's so fresh and juicy with bread crisp on the outer part and chewy in the middle so absorb the juices for a bursting flavor. if i may suggest the trio! huge chicken parmigiana with a cheese that i cant explain the so so fresh and ripe with flavor that makes your mouth water! lasagna with thick layers of your finest ingredients the fettuccine alfredo looks rich but not so heavy. the portions are huge for the price. the bread basket that is givin free to all tables blows my mind. 5 different breads. i love the dutch crunch myself crunchy yet flavorful on outside and soft on the inside. for dessert, the cheese cake is made with the finest ingredients that make a creamy yet not obscene or heavy feeling experience. i ate the whole thing and felt that it was very well sized. the presentation of all the foods and desserts you feel like your in italy's finest restaurant being treated like royalty.
please ask for jimmy when you dine at romanza's this person loves his job, has a passion for the restaurant business and his concern for people's happy experience really show in his work. i watch jimmy with all of his tables. jimmy treats all of his tables so well that nobody is left out of jimmy's good graces and pleasure of such a brilliant waiter. my family and i have travelled the world but i must say jimmy is the best waiter my family ever had. my mother felt so appreciated for her birthday. jimmy made her feel so special. i will always dine at romanza's thank you all for reading and hope you have a memorable experience as we have... thank you

• Visited September 2013

92% Recommend
Tooele, Utah
“Not really impressed with Romanza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Trying to make a reservation for this restaurant was like pulling teeth. I had made a reservation 1.5 months prior, and even with me being proactive in calling 3 weeks prior to confirm my reservation, we showed up and there was no reservation at all! When initially calling this restaurant, the pre-recorded msg states that if you want to make reservations, to call this number (um, that's what I did) or, to call the Hotel Front desk. The msg also states that you cannot call to make a reservation *directly* with Romanza until after 430pm (I was calling at 5pm). Still no answer. I tried booking online, but they only allow you to book a table for up to 5 ppl online. We had 6 in our party, and so I had to keep trying to call the restaurant. I also tried calling the Hotel Front desk, and they xfered me to another desk and the person helping me said they too could not make a reservation for parties over 5. UGH! Finally, after being persistent for a day or two, I was able to make the reservation. The gal taking my reservation sounded like a valley girl, and I really kick myself for not having her repeat back to me the date, time, and # of ppl in my party. Fast fwd to the day we arrived for dinner...THEY DID NOT US DOWN FOR A RESERVATION. I even tried giving them variations of my last name (it is commonly mispelled) and the gal said she did not have us at all. She saw my frustration, and said she could SQUEEZE us in, but she would have to add an 18% tip to our bill. (seriously?) So we agreed, because our reservation was for 7pm and we had a 9pm show to catch at the concert hall. We also brought our own wine and asked for cork service, and they wanted to charge us $20/bottle....wow! It was cheaper to order a bottle of wine from their menu. So we ended up doing that. We also informed our server that we needed to be done by 845p so we could catch our show. We ordered appys, salads, main course, no desert. Service was so slow . We were chowing down so fast, we could not enjoy our meal. The steaks were good, and the pasta was good, not as great as many others had raved. Overall, my experience at Romanza was very Poor, and I would recommend checking on your reservation ahead of time and making sure you have at least 3 hours to eat. BTW, their restaurant was full, but not packed. We saw a handful of tables of booths that were empty during our 2 hour meal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
cincinnati
“generous portions of good Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were rather hungry, so we enjoyed the generous portions of good Italian food. A bit too much cream for our taste. The fish was not outstanding, but acceptable. The accompanying veggies with the main course were very tasty and again generous in amount. The tableside salad was nice, but again we were not offered a non-creamy dressing -- I guess we should have asked. Alal in all, not an outstanding Italian taste, but a nice generous meal

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pacifica, California
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Unfortunately we weren't able to stay at the hotel as our dog was travelling with us, so we ended up at the Days Inn Wendover - which we do not recommend! However, went to dinner at Romanza and had a lovely evening. Food was excellent and the service was fine. Nice wine list as well.

• Visited July 2013
King William, Virginia
“There's Nothing Bad About Dinner Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Was skeptical about dining at the Montego Bay Casino. However, the Italian restaurant looked great from the outside as well as having an enticing menu. Once inside, the décor is much beyond what you would expect. Then, Claudia arrived to meet our every dinner desire. The food and service were impeccable from beginning to end. And. Claudia topped off the experience with her smile and conversation and service. She made this meal a memory!! You must go and you must ask for Claudia!!

• Visited July 2013