“Excellent stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montego Bay Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Montego Bay Casino Resort
Save Saved
You added Montego Bay Casino Resort to your Saves list
100 Wendover Boulevard, West Wendover, NV 89883   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in West Wendover
North Carolina
“Excellent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I might have given this place a five-circle rating if the air-conditioning didn't rattle while we were sleeping and the fire alarm didn't go off at 7:00 AM. Perhaps they could not help the fire alarm. I think they could have worked on the A/C unit to make it quieter. The noise didn't bother me because I sleep very soundly, but it bothered my husband. I reported the issue to the check-out clerk when we were checking out.

The rooms are extremely large, much larger than the norm for hotel rooms. We also had a double king bed room, something I had never seen before in all of my years of travel. The decor is intended to give an opulent appearance. We enjoyed the room.

There is a good-sized pool outside and three jacuzzi tubs. We didn't use them since we arrived late, but we could see that it was a pretty pool area.

I'd definitely stay there again when in Wendover, Nevada.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Pocatello, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I work total opposite schedules and just needed to getaway to reconnect. We've stayed at Montego Bay once before and thought it was nice. We booked a mini suite with jacuzzi and steam shower. We went to have some dinner and gambled for a bit. The dinner was at the Paradise Grill. Service was just so so. We had to wait 15 minutes before anyone even came to take our drink order and then the food wasn't that great. After a few hours of gambling we decided to go to our room and relax in the jacuzzi. We filled the jacuzzi got in and pushed the button for the jets and nothing happened. So basically we were in a bathtub for 2. When that romantic moment went down the drain we decided to try the steam shower but just like the jacuzzi, nothing. The lights weren't even on on the control pad. It's midnight at this point so we just went to bed. The next day I told the clerk at checkout about things not working and she told me I should have called maintenance. I told her the time and that we were just aggravated and went to bed and she repeats I should have called maintenance because they are on round the clock. Okay she obviously wasn't getting the whole picture that the last thing we wanted to do was dry off get dressed and wait for maintenance. The mood was already ruined why add to it. She gave me my rate which I could swear was already paid the day before and somehow it went up another $29. I understand taxes and resort fee but this was still more. She then offered to lower my rate to just a regular room. She gave me the bill and told me disregard the extra $29 it will fall off. Nope it hasn't. Not only was I charged for the room but still that extra $29. Kind of double thinking staying here again.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet. Both times we've stayed we've heard very little noise from our room. Ro...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We booked a 4 day/3 night air/hotel trip from Duluth MN to Wendover. It was a very organized flight check-in and trip. Once there, we were bused to the hotel, where we went through a fast check in. Our luggage was available for pick up 90 mn later. We rented a car and drove to Salt Lake City and visited Temple Square for a day trip. Spent warm days at the pool, and chose which restaurants to eat at. It was a cheap, relaxing trip. Don't expect to do much in Wendover.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a poorly designed hotel, old and dated. We had to hike thru five (I counted them!) long hallways to get to our room. And there was no elevator close by to get to the casino floor from where we were, it was a hike each time we left the room.
The room itself was filled with dark furniture and dark mirrors, even with the drapes open and lights on, it seemed heavy and dark.
No refrigerator or microwave. Coffee maker in the room, one of the small pour overs that are so common nowadays.
One of worst things for me was the sheets. No fitted sheets on the bed. I thought we had gotten away from that but not here evidently. Every time you roll over, the bottom sheets come undone. Minor I know but a big pain nonetheless and to me, a bit of a cheap touch.
Toiletries were sparse, soap, shampoo and conditioner. Nothing else.
Staff was friendly and nice. We had coffee in the coffee bar downstairs and the staff there was nice.
Restaurant was good but service was slow.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the main elevator or you'll be a long hike away!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. I thought the room was quite nice, we took one "advisors" recommendation from Trip Advisor and asked for a room in the new wing. Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We asked for a room in the "new wing" and were put on the very end of the hallway, so we d...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Norfolk England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed here beginning of June for a night after leaving Salt Lake City to see the salt flats, then drive through the desert to Las Vegas the next morning. We were given a room overlooking the pool so not a bad view. The hotel hallways are a bit of a maze but you tend to find that in a lot a large hotels we have found. The room was large and the bed was comfortable. Used the pool and found it well kept and had a bar there for drinks. Did not see a waitress, you had to get your own drinks. Tried the buffet for dinner and it was OK. Just bought a coffee in the morning so didnt try anywhere for breakfast.
One thing we did notice was how clean the air was in the casino's taking into account they are older properties with lower ceilings. No smokey atmosphere at all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

After a 12 hour, 644 mile drive, we found this hotel very comfortable. Our room on the fourth floor has two king beds and is very spacious. It faces the highway and there is no road noise. The buffet closes at 9PM so we ate at the Paradise Grill. It offers breakfast all day and a great variety on the menu. Pool opens at 11AM and closes at 10PM so we missed out this time. Played and won on a penny machine so the room, dinner, breakfast tomorrow and the fuel to get here is paid for. Great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Montego Bay Casino Resort? Share your experiences!