“Great Hotel and have been back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montego Bay Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Montego Bay Casino Resort
You added Montego Bay Casino Resort to your Saves list
100 Wendover Boulevard, West Wendover, NV 89883   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in West Wendover
South Weber, Utah
“Great Hotel and have been back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very nice rooms ie; clean. Great service at the buffett and sit down restaurants. Club card services (employees) are quick and friendly. Very nice place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
San Joaquin Valley, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I went into this trip with SUPER low expectations given that I had paid $150 for a 3 night-stay including airfare, which was probably why I was so blown away with how legit this place actually is. After having said that, I think if you went into this with any sort of high expectations, you might be slightly disappointed. The hotel rooms were actually really nice, with very updated furnishings & were very spacious. The downside is that it seemed like the maids needed some SERIOUS instruction on how to properly prepare rooms between visitors. The first night I climbed into bed & felt something strange by my feet. Upon further inpection, I realized the sheet had just been thrown across the bed & the lower half of the actual matress itself was fully exposed & I was touching it! How gross is that!!! I had to completely remake the bed. That was the worst of it, but never once was the bed properly made during my stay. They must be told to just throw the sheets onto the bed & make the comfortor look nice on top, because that's all they ever did. The fitness area of the hotel was one of the nicest ones I've ever used while on vacation & the pool chairs were super comfy. I had read some previous reviews about towel attendants with attitudes and there was one girl whom we referred to as the "grumpasaurus rex" because she was SOOO mad at the world for some reason, but everyone else was totally firendly. I'm not a big gambler, but they have plently of penny & nickel machines- more my speed- so it was fun. Some reviews I read mentioned that the cocktail service was not good in the casinos, but I always tipped & never once had any issues with the flow of alcohol. The buffet is all over the place with some things being good and some being just plain disgusting. Overall I would say skip the buffet. It's expensive & not that great. Actually, none of the food was amazing. I think the best meal we had while there was at the Arby's down at the truck stop... yeah- that's right. Out of the three Peppermill properties, I would definitely return to the Montego Bay. I didn't see any rooms at the Rainbow or the Peppermill, but the Montego Bay has the pool & that's worth it to me. The number one thing that made this trip so great was the top-notch people watching! I really just can't describe the hilarious variety of people that converge in this small oasis in the middle of nowhere... it's just really something you have to experience first hand to understand. If you're expecting Vegas, save your cash & don't bother to visit Wendover. However, if you're idea of a good time is having a laugh at the expense of others, it's about the best place there is.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Hanover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Let me begin by saying that I'm a pretty agreeable, easygoing traveler; the eternal optimist when it comes to restaurants, hotels, etc. I like giving places the benefit of the doubt. That said..

When we arrived we found not one luggage cart, not one automatic door, no one to help with luggage and just one way to the elevator - which meant dragging all our suitcases and extra pillows basically right through the front of the casino. Checking in was easy enough and the folks at the front desk were friendly. Yes, the place is loaded with neon and mirrors everywhere and is therefore extremely tacky, but I'm willing to go along with that in the spirit of the casino atmosphere. Kinda fun! We were on the fourth floor in room 4422 which was the absolute LAST room at the end of a ridiculously long three hallway walk. We passed at least two other separate elevator areas on the looooonnnng trek to the room, neither of which, as it happened, actually went to the main floor! Even the stairwell across from the door to our room didn't go to the main floor! (What if there were an emergency, you ask? We'll get to that in a moment). The room itself was nice, a double king (that's all they had available) with appropriate decor and a very nice bathroom. One of the knobs on a sink fixture was broken off. No refrigerator or microwave, just a coffee maker in the bathroom. I liked the makeup mirror on the desk and the bed was comfy. Just as I was remarking that the room seemed clean my husband found a cleaning sponge left sitting on one of the tables. Well, at least that indicates someone had likely been cleaning!

On the incredibly long hike back downstairs to the casino, I noticed someone in our non-smoking hallway was in fact smoking. Thankfully our room did not smell of smoke. We ate at the Romanza restaurant, which had more vegetarian options than the other places we saw. The food and the service were both good. When we got into the casino, we played some slots, then some roulette.. and all I can say is that this was hands down THE smokiest casino in which I have ever set foot, and my husband and I are regular gamblers who've visited many a smokey casino, no big deal. I told myself we'd just get used to it, and that it wasn't that bad. The fact is, people blow smoke directly into your face. No one cares. The dealers were helpful asking people to blow their smoke away from the other players, which was good, but most people just didn't listen or care. They must have no ventilation in there, maybe it's also that the ceiling is lower than it appears (mirrors, remember?).. in any event, It was above and beyond disgusting. I left the casino and went allllll the way back to the room where I literally got sick. My husband went to the "non-smoking" poker room (where people were smoking, naturally) and played for a few hours. He's an experienced player. He noticed that the other players at the table and the staff working the game knew each other - well. They were local regulars. Let's just say it doesn't matter if you're holding the winning hand: you need to be a close personal friend of the pit boss if you hope to be treated fairly in the Montego Bay poker room!

Fast forward to 6:30am when we are woken by an extremely loud alarm in our room followed by a voice: "Attention, there is an emergency in the building. Please walk calmly to the nearest exit and evacuate." It turns out in an "emergency" we are to walk down the staircase and out to the pool. No emergency at all, just someone who probably pulled a fire alarm for kicks.

After that, there was no getting back to sleep. About an hour later I went to take a hot shower and start my day, but alas, that was not to be.. there was no hot water whatsoever, not even in the sink. I had to wash my hair (which basically bore the scent of a thousand ashtrays) in that sink, then got into the cold shower for about one minute. I was actually pacing the bathroom in anger.

We were prepaid for a second night but there was no way we'd stick around for that, so we made sure to pack up and dart directly downstairs before checkout to cancel it and get the hell out of there. Thankfully, they were good about returning our second night's prepayment back - in cash, just as we had paid for it. My guess is that this happens a lot. And while we were checking out, a guest behind us on line commented how the last time she stayed there, the same emergency alarm BS happened! When that guest asked if it happened often, the woman checking us out hesitated and tried not to answer, then smiled and tried to make light of it. My husband announced that yes, it did happen as he had read other reviews that very morning right here on trip advisor stating as much!

By the way, the hotel goes by Mountain Time, contrary to the fact that the majority of it is located in the Pacific Time zone, and also contrary to my iPhone display. Kind of silly.

The fact is, with a few key changes (ventilation, way more elevators/better design, bellhops, less guest access to pull alarms, HOT WATER) this place could be pretty good! It would take some money and planning to make it work, and who knows if they'd do it. I'm glad we went, for the experience, but far more glad we didn't have to spend a second night there. Good luck future guests!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Except for Onion Rings, and I'm not going to pay $21 for a plate of onion rings, sorry! My boyfriend and I tried to eat at the many restaurants on the property, but being vegan, I couldn't eat at any of them. All seafood, meat and dairy on 99.9% of the menus. Even the spaghetti was only served with meat sauce - we asked for non-meat sauce and were told NO, it's all pre-made. We went across the street to the Nugget and had a fine meal in their Golden Harvest Cafe, all you can eat buffet.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

After a long day on the Salt racing our car, it was great to get in to our air conditioned Oversized room with a Great bed and shower. Hotel was very accomadating considering there were 100's of racers bringing some of the salt back to the hotel. My mother-in-law and I stayed at the hotel and gambled most of the day while the guys lived out on the salr. It was a great stay at a great hotel. The only issue we had is that they charge 199.00 per night on there 59.00 room because of speed week..... :(

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011 via mobile

Great room for a great price, BUT...they need WAY more elevators & a map of the place to find your room. We had to haul our luggage across the entire casino because A) the clerk didn't tell us there was a closer door we could have driven around to and B) there's only one luggage cart and God only knows where it is. So my huband & I drag a boatload of luggage along with a 13 year old kid across an entire casino full of smoking grandmas. Once we get to the 6th floor, it was literally about a half mile hike to our room down so many different hallways you got easily lost. The room was beautiful & at a really great price but make sure you wear your walking shoes if you stay there.

• Stayed August 2011
Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed here on a road trip. We planned it just right so we could catch a bit of Speed Week at Bonneville before we headed back to Colorado. We knew that rates were going to be high in Wendover as it was Speed Week. So, we knew not to expect much for our $100/night.

The room wasn't great. There was an entire wall covered in mirrors. All the fabric was a bizarre purple sateen. They said they have 42" tvs in every room...the one in our room was a 24". That wasn't a big deal as we were tired and just wanted to sleep, but we did feel a little lied to. The only big complaint was that I pulled the covers back and there were crumbs in the bed...they looked like potato chips. It made me question whether or not the sheets had been changed since the last guest.

We ate at one of their restaurants as we were tired of driving and didn't want to seek somewhere out. The food was pretty good. However, by the time we made it back to our room, we were saturated with the smell of smoke.

The next time I am in Wendover, I will find a motel on the Utah side...no casino, no smoke, no mirror covered walls!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Montego Bay Casino Resort? Share your experiences!