“This place has gone downhill. Rude staff.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Montego Bay Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Montego Bay Casino Resort
You added Montego Bay Casino Resort to your Saves list
100 Wendover Boulevard, West Wendover, NV 89883   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in West Wendover
Heber City, Utah
“This place has gone downhill. Rude staff.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Immediately upon arriving we decided to grab brunch at the buffet. I was seated and jumped up immediately...my chair was soaking wet. We ordered our drinks and were forgotten by the server. I had to ask again twice for water & iced tea.

The woman at the check in desk was rude, not even a smile. I was treated the same at checkout, too.

Despite spending a good amount of time at the slots, drink service was nowhere to be found. I ended up having to buy every drink from the bar.

We had a jacuzzi suite. The tub was incredibly small. My husband and I are not large people and we could not fit in together comfortably.

Also, Wifi was available but for $7 day. No free Wifi?!?!

What I had hoped would be a fun, long weekend out of town ended up being a letdown. Next time I'm staying elsewhere.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
North Salt Lake, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Having been to Vegas and Reno, we kept our expectations low. Unfortunately, they weren't low enough when it came to customer service. Stayed two nights--Walls are paper thin and even though in a "no-smoking" room, we still smelled cigarette smoke through ventilation. Couldn't control thermostat so room comfort level was hit or miss. Biggest disappointment was with SPA ... key reason we chose Montego Bay. Note: have to be 21+ to use SPA---would have been nice to know when we made our appointments weeks earlier. Ruined family plans. Also, need to be 18 to use the gym--another surprise which contributed to overall disappointment. Check out personnel were not even interested in how our stay was. Barely made eye contact and didn't stop her side conversation with other desk agent when handing me my receipt. Rude and disinterested. Casino business must be doing so well that "they" couldn't care less about hotel guests. We'll be taking our business elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Traveled from Salt Lake City for New Years Eve and stayed a second night. Rooms were spacious, clean and nicely appointed. Regular restaurant had timely and effective service and the food was quality. The new Italian restaurant had super atmosphere, but the food was way over priced and not that good. Would not eat there again, unless just for desert. Casino was clean and fun. A band was in house for the weekend and we really enjoyed dancing, although wish the casino had a real dance floor. We are anxious to return in the summer to enjoy the casino again and the outdoor pool.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

I have never ever had issues with the rooms at Montego Bay. My husband and I go at least 12 times a year since there is absolutely nothing to do in Utah. Well unless you are Mormon then I am sure you can find something but for us non-Mormons who want to have a little fun but don't want to drive to Vegas, we go to Wendover. Now Wendover is a very small town. Yes. There isn't much to do except visit the casinos or going 4wheelin in the desert. But my review is not about the town, nor do I think others should put the hotel down just because the town isn't New York. Anyways the rooms are pretty clean. Mostly update. Not the Four Seasons or Bellagio but it is nice. I like the standard rooms as well as the jacuzzi suites. I have never had a problem with bed bugs. I have seen little gnats in the room before but this is the desert, they have weird bugs like, especially being by the salt flats. I am posting pics so that should give you a better pics of the rooms.
As for the check in people and the casino floor. Yes they can be rude. But for the most part the people are nice. Just go! And have fun. Go with the expectations of a good time, not a millionaires good time but just regular person good time!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Denison, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Had a comp- good time, comped for everything. Buffett fantastic. Breakfast at grill out of this world. Gambled elsewhere more, Staff super nice. Only complaint stingy on coffee in room, learned to bring our own. Go Wendover at least 2 x year, will return to Montego for buffet. Great place to visit. Got a massage, fantastic, with coupon who could go wrong. A satisfied Texan

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

Our stay was January 4th and home the 7th. From Portland, Oregon. Stayed at Montego Bay.Very nice. 2nd trip there. Gambling was a bit tight. Information desk young lady acted like she would of rather been somewhere else!! Only negative part of trip was her. Flight had to go to Salt Lake City, then take a bus, due to fog. Also had to take a bus back to SLC due to fog. We had no problem with that. Casino host gave us each a Buffet coupon before we headed back to SLC. Had a great time. Everyone should take a trip there. It is a neat place to see and stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Milan IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

We drove from Southern Indiana and had gotten through Salt Lake city. We were looking for a place to stay outside Salt Lake (going West on I-80). There is NO PLACE until you get to Wendover. It was almost 10 pm and my husband and I had been driving all since...since Iowa. He was exhausted. We finally saw the lights of the Montego Bay and I insisted he stop. We were expecting the hotel clerk to say no rooms available but were pleasantly surprized when she said we do have a king size nonsmoking room available for $59. The room was large, comfy bed, and nice amentities. We were elated at this place. We gambled some and had lots of fun before we turned in. It was a great place that we did not know about.. We left the next morning and headed to Reno and Lake Tahoe. We would have stayed there on our way home but we took a different route. We like it so much we want to go back there and spend a few days.....

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Montego Bay Casino Resort? Share your experiences!