“Nice price for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rainbow Casino Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Rainbow Casino Hotel
You added Rainbow Casino Hotel to your Saves list
1045 Wendover Boulevard, West Wendover, NV 89883   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in West Wendover
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice price for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to California. The decor is super cheesy but it is an overall decent hotel. There weren't any carts available for us to use so that was kind of bothersome. I would recommend asking for a room on the first floor. The pool was decent. They do not include breakfast but have a restaurant on site. The restaurant prices weren't cheap but wasn't too expensive either. It was about $50 for 2 adults and 2 kids to have breakfast. Their portions are nice. The salad from the dinner menu was huge. As typical of casino hotels, the hallways smelled pretty smokey. I would not highly recommend for families with small children or those who do not like to carry luggage very far.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed here on a busy weekend and they told us all they had left was the West Wing. All I can say is it was a tragic end to a fun day of gambling. First, the west wing is old, from the 80s and hasn't been updated since. Our room was one of the few they had left and they put us right in front of the elevator - awful. Our room had paper thin walls (between rooms and even into the hallway), we heard our neighbors TV at 7am after being woken up 5 times because drunk people were talking/screaming/etc in the hallway while waiting for the elevator. The beds were super uncomfortable and lopsided, I shared a bed because mine felt like there was a plastic covering under the sheets, the pillows were flat, the curtains did not line up to shut & block out light, the carpet was gross and the bathroom was dirty. I wish I had better things to say, but it was our first time staying there and the West Wing was just awful.

We went back to our room at 2am and were exhausted or else I would have requested to be moved.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these West Wendover hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

A group of us (12) made reservations 2 months in advance. We all made the reservations for the east wing so our group would be together. When we got to the hotel half of our group was in the east wing & the other half were scattered in the west wing. We were told that the hotel had over-booked and that there was nothing they could do. Why on earth did we even bother with reservations if this is what happens when we arrive? The customer service on this issue was non-existent!! No one did ANYTHING to retain us as customers. So I will no longer spend my money at this hotel!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jessica L, Guest Relations Manager at Rainbow Casino Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Rainbow Hotel and Casino. I am sorry to hear of your negatvie experience while staying with us. I certainly understand your frustration with an oversold situation, but please know we did our best to accommodate all of our guests and unfortunately that meant shifting rooms around. However, this does not excuse poor customer service. Customer service is our number one priority and we should have bettered explained the situation to you and your group.

I have sent you a private message through Trip Advisor with my contact information and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your stay.

Again, I thank you for your feedback and time and hope to hear from your in the near future.

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed with my mom at the hotel for a night. When we opened the door of the room, tons of moths were found everywhere. I and my mom tried to kill some but there were just too many so we called the front desk for help. They switched us to another room. Although I did not want a smoking room, I had no choice but to check the room because they told us all of their non-smoking room were not available. The situation of that room was all the same. So I asked him if he could have someone to come over and kill the moths and clean all the dead moths on the desk, window, and blinds. He asked me to go back to my room and waited for the staff whom he sent. We kept waiting but no one came. The moths flew all over the room and the skin of my mom had went red due to the skin allergy. My mom was scared and angry and we went down to the front desk to complain to the staff. But they kept making excuse and never made any apologies. They attitude was bad. They smiled in a way as if they found the pain we had suffer was funny. And the manager who had witnessed the whole thing just hide back to her office and let them treated us like this. At last, he sent us a guy to come and fix the things. But his attitude was even worse. He came in the room and implied that we were over-react. He just killed some at the window and wiped the dead moths with a napkin. As for the marks and the wings of the dead moths, he just left them all over the window side. He did not even let me to check the whole room before he left. O, I forgot to mention he use the towel in my bathroom to kill the moth and threw it on the floor in my bathroom. If I did not had him to kill the one in the bathroom, he had just left. I had included all the after-clean room photos, definitely please check it out to see if i had exaggerated the fact. Because the moths and the staff were so terrible, problems like freezing bathroom, the mark of the tap were marked incorrectly were not that important. And if u stayed at the first floor of this hotel, beware of the loud heater/ cooler.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to review the Rainbow Hotel and Casino. We are sincerely sorry to hear of your experience at the hotel. Unfortunately, we did see an influx in moths in the Wendover area during the spring months and did our best to keep them out of the hotel and casinos. We certainly understand your frustration but please know we are took every step in our ability to correct the situation.

I have sent you a direct message through Trip Advisor with my contact information and would like to speak with your further regarding the situation.

Again, I thank you for your feedback and hope to hear from you in the near future.

Redding, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Upon arrival they had our arrival date mixed up and thus informed me that they had us down for the arrival on the previous day. But they quickly rectified the problem and gave us a room over in the West Tower, which was VERY QUIET and VERY CLEAN. Again we were in Wendover to see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band at the Peppermill Concert Hall that evening. Would recommend staying at the Rainbow Casino Hotel to anyone going to Wendover. Comfy beds, quiet rooms, pleasant staff and okay rates.

Room Tip: The Rainbow Hotel isn't next door to the Concert Hall, but is away from I-80 so you won't be...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Alligiant air is the main supplier, we drove from winnipeg to grand forks airport check in was quick, security slower as they don't have a full body scanner so any replacement of knees hip whatever you kneed full body pay down. Landing in wendover small town about 2 hours from Salt Lake City. Bus transportation from airport to hotel fast and friendly well organized.

Hotel is big vegas style rooms, very clean big screen tv 2 queen beds, table and chairs, nice bathroom with plenty hot water, hair dryer and soap and shampoos, also small coffee pot

Beds are very comfy and plenty of good pillows.nice restaurants ,shuttle available every 15 min to 5 other hotels in area. Good breakfast specials. Plenty of slots not much paying when we were there. Texas hold um was only at one hotel not the rainbow.indoor pool older looking and far from rooms smoking is allowed so very hard to breath if your not use to it.

Room Tip: If you want to go to pool ask for the closer wing to pool
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

The heater/cooler was so loud we couldn't hear the TV without it turned up. The only outlet for our phone was next to the sink and was one outlet in a double queen room. Something in their pool or hot tub reacted with my earing and the piercing got infected. One of the ashtrays was missing a chip and I didn't notice right away and got cut when I grabbed it to use it. Never staying again.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Rainbow Hotel and Casino. I would like to extend my apologies for the negative experience you had while staying with us. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your recent stay. I have sent you a direct message through Trip Advisor with my contact information. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Again, thank you for your time and feedback.

Customer Relations Manager

Been to Rainbow Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!