“over night stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Garter Hotel & Casino

Red Garter Hotel & Casino
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Red Garter Hotel & Casino
You added Red Garter Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Interstate 80, West Wendover, NV 89883   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in West Wendover
Troy, Illinois
“over night stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Old run down and dirty. Noisey with kids running up and down hallway slamming doors. When I checked in they wanted a photo ID, I offered my military ID and was told we don't except those. When I told them I wanted to speak to a manager the story changed and all of a sudden the ID was accepted. You can die for your country but can't check into a hotel with your ID.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Roy, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Go to Wendover once a month. Always a free room from our players cards. Had never stayed at the Red Garter so decided to try since they had just completed their remodel. Walked in to the room which reeked of Cigarette smell. (No smoking room). Room was very small with old scared 70's era furniture and bedding. Flipped back the tattered bedspread and found large burn holes on the back side. Turned on the 19 inch 1970's TV and picture was green. Went to eat in a diner that hasn't been updated.....ever. Formica tables with chips and seats with the stuffing coming out. Food was tolerable. Wanted a shower. Let the water run for 10 Minutes and it never even got warm. Never again. Instead of rebuilding the façade, and putting in all new machines, which did not pay out, they should have updated the rooms. Liked the old look anyway.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Spring Creek, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I live two cities away, and this hotel is where we always stay and I think all hotels at casino's are smoky and I don't smoke and the rooms were clean and customer service has always been good and the restaurant the food has been good never had problems with the food. I have stayed at other motels in and other casino's I have had some issue's but this place is good. And the sheets plastic? No! And I don't speak Spanish but the cooks in the restaurant they always did a good job on cooking my food and I am a picky eater. It's getting better and the remodel it looks good. Not bad stay. Love you Red Garter thank you for the lovely stay keep up the good job your doing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

When I checked in, I asked if the hotel had some renovations done (as I was told by others), the woman replied yes. As I went to my room on the second floor and opened the door, the beds were not made, towels on the floor. I came back to the front desk, a different person came up to me, when I told him the room wasn't made up, he walked away, then the same woman came up, as I repeated myself to her the issue, she did not even apologize. She gave me another keycard to a room on the ground level. Could it be any worse? Yes, the whole floor wreaked of smoke, so why put no smoking signs all over the floor? The bathroom had a leaky tap, dirty ring around the tub and no 42" flatscreen tv, old furniture. My pillow cases were torn and not washed properly. Lack of amenities like shampoo, lotion, oh that's right there wasn't any! The photos of the bedroom I booked did not come close to what I actually got. Never again!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Great Falls, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I really wanted this to be a better experience. I traveled nearly 200 nights a year in my last job and only once experienced something like this. I stripped the bed back and used the bath towels that were the size of postage stamps for some fashion of a covering and got about 5 hours of sleep and hit the road! I made sure none of my clothes had any contact with the floor including my shoes! I don't know, maybe the crap rooms were all they had left!
It was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Noise in the halls all night long from inconsiderate drunks ...... is that redundant?
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
South Lake Tahoe, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Smells like smoke everywhere (but, why would I have higher expectations in Wendover?). Toilet was clogged, and maintenance never fixed it despite several requests. Set a suitcase on the dresser and it literally fell apart and all drawers scattered on the floor. There was an uneaten Cheerio under the bed. The faucet only had scalding hot water in the room, very difficult to brush teeth or wash my hands and face. Who wants to brush their teeth in a bathtub next to an overflowing broken toilet? The blankets has many strange hairs woven through them. Played some roulette, the table swayed about a foot every time bets were placed, I thought it was going to collapse. Felt on the tables were practically worn through to the wood. Waitress serving drink to my table never brought back my White Russian order. I went several hours without a drink despite spending lots of money at the table games. Went to catch the shuttle to other casinos and a strange man was pissing in the gutter next to the bus stop. OK, that should be enough to justify the one star. The locals know what to expect out of this place, but I am writing this review for the weary traveler that is trying to find the best place to stay off I-80.... not here! Go to Montego Bay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The lady at the check-in desk was extremely rude throughout the transaction. We tried the café in the hotel, and it was horrible. The waitress barely spoke English and couldn't answer simple questions about the menu. I ordered the steak, and it tasted like it had been soaked in water for days- extremely soggy and no flavor.
The beds in the hotel were so uncomfortable, we moved down to the floor. Seriously, we had less back pain on the floor than the beds.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover
3.0 of 5 stars 71 reviews

Been to Red Garter Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!