“Oh so BAD!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Garter Hotel & Casino

Red Garter Hotel & Casino
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Red Garter Hotel & Casino
You added Red Garter Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Interstate 80, West Wendover, NV 89883   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in West Wendover
Great Falls, Montana
“Oh so BAD!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I really wanted this to be a better experience. I traveled nearly 200 nights a year in my last job and only once experienced something like this. I stripped the bed back and used the bath towels that were the size of postage stamps for some fashion of a covering and got about 5 hours of sleep and hit the road! I made sure none of my clothes had any contact with the floor including my shoes! I don't know, maybe the crap rooms were all they had left!
It was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Noise in the halls all night long from inconsiderate drunks ...... is that redundant?
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
South Lake Tahoe, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Smells like smoke everywhere (but, why would I have higher expectations in Wendover?). Toilet was clogged, and maintenance never fixed it despite several requests. Set a suitcase on the dresser and it literally fell apart and all drawers scattered on the floor. There was an uneaten Cheerio under the bed. The faucet only had scalding hot water in the room, very difficult to brush teeth or wash my hands and face. Who wants to brush their teeth in a bathtub next to an overflowing broken toilet? The blankets has many strange hairs woven through them. Played some roulette, the table swayed about a foot every time bets were placed, I thought it was going to collapse. Felt on the tables were practically worn through to the wood. Waitress serving drink to my table never brought back my White Russian order. I went several hours without a drink despite spending lots of money at the table games. Went to catch the shuttle to other casinos and a strange man was pissing in the gutter next to the bus stop. OK, that should be enough to justify the one star. The locals know what to expect out of this place, but I am writing this review for the weary traveler that is trying to find the best place to stay off I-80.... not here! Go to Montego Bay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these West Wendover hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The lady at the check-in desk was extremely rude throughout the transaction. We tried the café in the hotel, and it was horrible. The waitress barely spoke English and couldn't answer simple questions about the menu. I ordered the steak, and it tasted like it had been soaked in water for days- extremely soggy and no flavor.
The beds in the hotel were so uncomfortable, we moved down to the floor. Seriously, we had less back pain on the floor than the beds.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
SLC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Be kinda to yourself and love ones and stay away. Go to a different casino. The smoke is really bad and their rooms smells like smoke and their hall ways are way noisey in the middle of the night. Their staff need professional training in customer services.

Room Tip: Red Garter was one of the sickest places I have ever stayed. For 156.00 dollars, what a waste of mo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Providence, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My in-laws, my wife and I frequently go to Wendover for a weekend getaway. I am a psychologist in Northern Utah and have had hotel stays throughout the states, S. America, Mexico, and Europe. Never have I had anywhere close to this level of unimaginably horrible service and experience. My in-laws have compromised health and have incurred massive medical bills in recent past. While they and we are frequent travelers to Wendover, we had yet to go together. They booked a room for reservation. Upon arrival I told the check-in attendant I would like to pay for the rooms as part of a pre-Christmas gift for my in-laws, who are knowing difficult financial times. I swiped my card, gave my identify, and assumed all was well (Friday arrival). Saturday after lunch none of our cards (4 cards for 2 different rooms) functioned in our doors. No problem--simply seek new keys, which were immediately granted after being told that this happens a lot. Just before checkout on Sunday, a hotel employee knocks or our door. I ask her what the issue is. Instead of addressing me, she radios to the front desk that "they're still here". She did not speak once to me, and was told to quickly return to front desk. Perplexed, we continued our preparation for check-out. Minutes later we get a knock on the door, this time from a Tooele County Sheriff and Wendover police officer. They begin an interrogation of us: require our ID, when we came, who's with us, who has been in our room, etc., etc.. Shaken, we tried to inquire what the issue was. We received no disclosure or reassurance, but at least they left. I asked the same lady who had initially came to the room what the issue was, and she pretended to not understand English. I also speak Spanish fluently (served an ecclesiastical mission in Argentina) and she refused to tell me why we were being interviewed by police). as we left, she and another employee immediately went to our room fot whatever purpose. I asked the front office, who vaguely indicated they may have had concerns of multiple break-ins throughout the hotel and breaches of their security. We left ASAP. Upon returning, I contacted Stephanie Herndandez, the director of Hotel Operations. All calls were ignored, despite three inquiries into what had occurred, why we were interviewed, and what possible breeches of security should we be aware of (for our possessions and personal safety). I told her if she failed to respond to my third inquiry I would take the matter to the general manager, which I did. I received the same non-response from David Serafini. I let them know I would write reviews on all internet-based hotel services (which I'm currently doing), the local chamber of commerce, better business bureau, and the gaming commission for Nevada. I understand that 'stuff happens'-no prob. But there is a basic level of integrity, safety, and customer care that one expects from a hotel service. This was the most dangerous, poorest hospitality, and worst customer service ever. If I were the owner of the hotel, I would seriously ask what I am paying David Serafini and Stephanie Hernandez to do, because IMO they were utterly negligent and inept at their duties. A simple return call to ease our minds would have sufficed. Apparently they had more important items to attend to--such as cashing their pay check for a job not done. BTW, last night my mother-in-law called, saying they too were charged for the room. Stay at your own risk. I fulfilled my obligation to warn you.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntington Woods, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I'm a budget traveler and found this hotel, where I've stayed before, to be not as bad as the reviews would indicate. The front desk staff were friendly enough. The lights over the bed didn't work in the first room, but the staff moved us two doors away quickly enough. The beds were comfortable enough. The shower/bath had lots of hot water. Since this was right before Christmas, the rate for one night, everything included, was $29. I can put up with some conveniences for this level of saving. (I will note that I looked up the hotel three times on the same day with three different base rates--$22, $27.50, and $44. The low rate was one of the reasons for my Wendover trip from Salt Lake).

I also had breakfast in the dinner. Nowhere did the menu or publicity in the restaurant talk about the $2.99 special that I knew about from reading the local paper, but the waitress honored the special when asked.

The casino had reasonable odds for video poker in comparison with the other options in Wendover.

As an aside, I liked the Red Garter even better 25 years ago when it has the feel of a friendly local casino without the corporate atmosphere of most casinos today.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ogden, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

9/27/13 we just left that nasty dinner, we ordered our food. Watched the waiter chat while out food sat. When we got our food we started to eat, my husband saw a fly cooked into his meal. It was so nasty, we told the waiter. They had the cook come out and say sorry...... We ran out of that place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Garter Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!