“Avoid this place!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Garter Hotel & Casino

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Red Garter Hotel & Casino
You added Red Garter Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
1225 Wendover Blvd, PO Box 2259, West Wendover, NV 89883 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn Wendover)   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in West Wendover
Denver, CO
“Avoid this place!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2006

I don't care if my rate was $35... I would never stay here again. Did I sleep? Yes. So, I guess the room served it's purpose, but this place was nasty. They accept pets, which was the only reason I stayed there.

Upon entering the room, my dog was licking the floor and sniffing for the better of 15 minutes. He was even sniffing the comforters with extreme interest. This is not a good sign to say the least. The hallways and carpet in the hallways are in terrible shape. The swamp cooler vent the size of a picture window at the end of the hallway was pumping in hot air. The room was not much better. The carpet was in the same dismal shape as the hallways and for some reason, the ac was turned off when we arrived. Wendover gets into the 100's during the summer, and they keep the ac off during the day?! Not smart. The room was easily 90 degrees and the 1970's ac didn't do a very good job cooling the room off. It was finally tolerable at 7 am in the morning. How convenient. The barking dogs, yelling husbands, noisy kids... this place has it all.

What they didn't have was the continental breakfast they advertise. The front desk lady joked to me, "Better get down by 6:30 or it will all be gone!" She was serious. I was down at 7:00 and it was gone. Why advertise a free breakfast from 6:00 to 9:00 when it only lasts a half hour? Not to mention, this was a Monday night when the place was only half full. I would imagine the breakfast only lasts 5 minutes when the place is full. Man, this place was horrible. Avoid at all costs!

• Liked — Right off I-80 in the middle of nowhere and they accepted pets.
  • Disliked — Everything else! Horrible place.
  • Tips/Secrets — AVOID
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2005

Got a $34 rate on their website. For the price, this was a good place.

Easy to find. Very clean rooms. Seemed new, or newly remodeled. Comfortable beds. Great water pressure in the shower. It was quiet, even though I think the motel was almost full.

Front desk people cordial, but barely.
Very small rooms, but you only use them to sleep, right?
Bad smell from bathroom basin drain, but we did not complain to desk.

Best food was at the Rainbow, best luck gambling was at the Peppermill, everywhere else seemed quite tight. Montego Bay very tight, not to mention hard to negotiate with the construction.

I think next time we'll try staying at one of the casino-hotels. Have heard good things about them, and I have a sneaking suspicion I could have gotten a better rate.

Oh well... Live and learn.

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2004

I will never stay at a super 8 again, stayed here on our way the reno nv. It was dirty, very unsafe . Old tv old bed old hotel. you could see the dirt, imagine what u couldnt see. i give this hotel a -10.

Been to Red Garter Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!