“Good option in Wells” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wells
Redding, California
“Good option in Wells”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was my second stay at this Motel 6. This is a budget motel, so anyone expecting a spacious room with lots of amenities would be disappointed. But it cost me around $40. I am always wary about budget motels, but this one is clean and safe. The room, while really small, had a refrigerator and microwave. The shower was new, and the shower head was high enough that a really tall person would be able to use it fairly comfortably. If you need a place to stay in Wells, this is a good choice, as long as you remember that it is small. And it is really a good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is Motel 6 so expect a small no frills room but it was honestly super clean! I paid $40 including tax, booked in advance with Expedia. The lady at reception was very helpful and allowed me to check in 3hours early. Their Internet was better than most and they have a small heated pool out the back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Last Christmas, my office shut down unexpectedly leaving me with a week with nothing to do. I said "What the hell!" and went down to Death Valley. Unfortunately Mother Nature conspired against me, hitting the west coast with a snowstorm of biblical proportions wrecking my car and stranding me in Wells Nevada for three days. My residence of choice? The Motel Six, just off of highway 93.

The staff was very nice and pretty damn cheerful for being stuck in a flyspeck on December 24th. As for the motel itself, it was pretty much exactly like every other Motel Six on the planet - fair accommodations that are reasonably clean and well maintained. There was a pool, but considering that there was about 12-16 inches of snow on the ground, I didn't partake of that amenity. I do have to give them mad props for the free wireless. Every other Motel 6 I've ever stayed at will ding you 5 bucks a night for the privilege of surfing.

Long story short, if you've stayed at a Motel 6 before, you know exactly what you are getting in for. They're the McDonalds of the roadside motel world. This one was ever so slightly better than most 6's, so that's a plus.

While I can't speak to traffic noise (since conditions were just a touch abnormal), I should warn you: there are train tracks about half a mile away from the Motel, and there will be (admittedly very faint) rumbling freight train noises in the middle of the night, about once an hour. If that's a concern for you, bring earplugs or stay away. At the very least be sure to get a room towards the back of the motel away from the truck stop across the street.

Room Tip: Try and get a room opposite from the truck stops and their constantly running Big Rigs.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Saskatchewan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

While we were waiting to check in, along with a number of other people, the receptionist was asked to provide an ashtray for an individual who was already checked in. She left us waiting while she attempted, unsuccessfully, to locate an ashtray. The NON-Smoking room we requested had a very strong smoke odor (along with an ashtray). The room with two beds was very cramped. Mattress and pillows are very comfortable. Motel is in need of updating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Liberty Lake, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I got a very nice/clean/equpped room for $46 (tax inc). No too much more need be said. I'm unable to comment on the pool since it was only 12 degrees when I was there. It is just a short hop away from a very friendly diner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Very low cost $54 for 2.. That advertise upgraded wifi but it turns out it's a private contractor and you pay for the service and even then it's slow and unusable for my email use. As well there is a funny smell of the deodorant they use like they're trying to cover up smoke smells. But they're are not many options, so go for it. The front desk lady was very helpful and polite. And we had a great time at the casino across the stree.

Stayed November 2012
Yuma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

On 8/18/12 My wife and I spent the night here on our way to Tensed,ID. We were given RM# 153 witch was very nice and quite. Shortly after getting settled in the girl at the front desk called to ask if everything was to our satisfaction. I thought that was very nice as I have only seen this at one other place. One other thing I thought was outstanding was they have coffee ready at 5:AM. Most places don't have coffee until 7: AM, by that time I am 60+ miles down the road.

If in the area I would stay here again

Thanks
Emry & Virginia

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Wells? Share your experiences!