“Clean, quiet, large room...not much choice in Wells...this is a good one” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Wells

You added Super 8 Wells to your Saves list
Super 8 Wells
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   930 6th Street, Box 302, I-80 Exit 352, Wells, NV 89835   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Wells
Nevada
“Clean, quiet, large room...not much choice in Wells...this is a good one”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

Front desk person was friendly.
Room was large & appreared clean.
Motel is older, but there is not much choice in Wells & I didn't want to stay next to the truck stops, due to the noise.
The front desk person gave us a AAA rate, which was nice.
Good value, Good motel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Washington state
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

Old motel. Felt like it had not been cleaned. The smell was abominable. The tub faucet almost came off in my hand. Breakfast was promised by 6:00 AM but not one was up in the office.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

We stayed at this motel on our way to Yellowstone. There were 8 of us travelling - 5 kids and 3 adults. Choices were limited in Wells and I decided to stay with Super 8 than Motel 6 as the photos on the motel 6 website made the rooms look very small. With all the kids, we needed a slightly larger room. We've stayed at other Super 8s before and they have been okay - both in accommodations and service. I thought this would be like the others. While I didn't expect much, we got less than what we expected. The rooms were large but that was pretty much the only thing it had going for it. The place was very old and ill-maintained. The carpets in the room were very worn out. The outdoor stairs were carpeted and the carpets were worn out. One of the stairs to the second story was closed for repairs which it desperately needed.
The check-in/out process was ok although not as warm and friendly as we're used to.

We were only there one night and only to sleep so the kids made do. Any longer and we would all have opted to sleep in the car or keep driving.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

Not the best reception upon arrival. Rude, demeaning, and self-serving. Lacking professionalism and tact. Sullied the "stay" since we ended up leaving after five hours. Assumed everything about our needs without asking if we needed our reserved room moved. Do not recommend since they do not listen to the needs of guests but rather assume what is needed then become offended when guests mention its not necessary. Left complaint with major reservation websites and with Super 8 Motel headquarters.

• Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
KarlGM, General Manager at Super 8 Wells, responded to this review, September 8, 2008
As the new General Manager of the Super 8 in Wells, NV I can assure you that things are changing for the better at this location.
If a guest is unhappy with our service, I'm not happy.
I would ask any guest to contact me personally.
Karl Hofmann
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

DO NOT attempt to cancel a reservation at this hotel! I made a reservation with the hotel directly and used my credit card. A couple of days later our plans changed and I called to cancel the reservation. This was over a week before the date we were to arrive. I was told the reservation was cancelled. When I got my credit card bill I had been charged for the room. I called the hotel and spoke to the manager, Susan. She said she would only reverse the charge if I could prove to her that I had cancelled the reservation. I asked to talk to the General Manager. Susan said she would ask him to call me. I called back the next day when I didn't receive a call from the General Manager. Susan said that the General Manager agreed with her that I would have to prove that I cancelled the reservation and that he was too busy to call and talk to me. I have disputed the charge with my credit card company, but seems that customer service is not one of Wells Super 8's priorities!

Stayed June 2007
Coquitlam, B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2005

I have read a bad review of this motel on this site, but that wasn't our experience. We had requested a room with 2 queen beds, and the room was HUGE! A real bonus for our family of 5, as sometimes we are tripping over eachother in a small hotel room.

I wouldn't say this is a luxury place to stay, but it was clean, spacious, and provided a nice continental-type breakfast for us the next morning. There apparently used to be a restaurant attached to this motel, but not anymore. We ate down the road at a casino instead. There's not much to Wells -- we felt like we were in the middle of nowhere. This is certainly not a destination hotel, but it served our purposes well. We would stay there again. (It has a pool, too, but it's outdoors, and it was way too cold when we were there in early November.)

• Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2005

THIS HOTEL WAS NOT FIT FOR A STRAY DOG! IN FACT YOU WOULD GET
better treatment if you were a dog. We went in the bathroom and flushed the toliet and crap started coming out of the toliet yes crap!
They offered us no other room,so we were trappped in a room with crap,when i called the front desk , a kid brought me a plunger!
dont ever stay here its a toxic waste dump!

enrique b, Manager at Super 8 Wells, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to notify us of the problems you encountered during your stay with us. Reports such as this enable us to scrutinize the quality of customer service to the traveling public we take customer service very seriously and it is our intent to always provide the best service possible to our valued customers

Been to Super 8 Wells? Share your experiences!