“Fourth times a definate charm.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tahoe House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia City
Tahoe House Hotel
You added Tahoe House Hotel to your Saves list
162 South C Street, P.O. Box 652, Virginia City, NV 89440   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sonora, California
“Fourth times a definate charm.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I recently returned for another visit to Virginia City and the Tahoe House, my 4th. This trip I stayed 4 nights at this beautifully restored piece of history. I was treated like royalty by the beautiful hotel manager Tammi Davis. She is wonderful. I stayed in room 3 again. It has a fireplace and was very charming and cozy. The hotel was clean and well kept. I will be going back very soon! If you are going to be in Virginia City for any reason you have to stay at this beautiful gem. Tammi will be there to welcome you and treat you with that "personal touch" as she does everyone. Sandi, Columbia, CA

Room Tip: I have stayed in room 3 with the fireplace, room 5 with a garden view, room 11 which is very small a...

Room Tip: Room 3 is my favorite. The fireplace is a lovely touch and the bed is comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Enjoyed Tahoe House once again this May. Each room is so pretty and all are very clean. Tammy was a godsend and I so appreciated all her help.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Willits, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband and I ended our road-trip vacation in Virginia City as that is where my grandfather was born and I had never been there. I pored over places to stay and Tahoe House stood out as the right place for us. The Tahoe House Hotel turned out to be a wonderful place to stay. Tammy, the manager, did a great job of looking out after us. The Tahoe House has been wonderfully restored. It is a very gracious place to stay. We had the Presidential Suite with it's big king size bed, tall french doors and balcony overlooking C Street. Staying in this wonderful hotel gave us a chance to explore Virginia City while at the same time retreat to a quiet, beautiful environment. I highly recommend Tahoe House.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This hotel was awesome! Where to even begin? We were greeted by the friendliest woman, Tammy- who was even nice enough to carry our bags to our room- the Mark Twain Room. The hotel's location was perfect- right on the main street ( which is where all the action happens), with a beautiful view of the mountains. It was totally authentic in terms of decor, but still modern enough to be comfortable. The queen size bed was very soft and cozy, and great for a good night's sleep. It was very quiet during our stay, and we felt as though we were there on our own. You could even wander around the hotel freely.The lobby was adorned with old relics from the 1800's and you could just sit and relax out there if you wanted.
The only thing we needed was a clock, cups and ice, but otherwise, everything was perfect. It was the best place to stay in Virginia City- as you felt as though you'd gone back to the Old West. I would definitely stay again and also highly recommend it to anyone staying in Virginia City.

Room Tip: Get a room in the front for a great view and access to the balcony
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Welcoming, clean, quite with excellent hospitality, a great location and price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My husband and I had a memorable stay at Tahoe House in Virginia City, NV. The owners have paid close attention to detail and we could feel the pride they have taken in restoring this old hotel. The old west antiques are beautiful without feeling like there's too much clutter.
If you want a romantic get away this is your place. If you live in Reno and are looking for a fun place for a family reunion or party this is perfect. There's about 14 rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

My six-year-old daughter and I stayed here in October 2011 and were very impressed with our stay. The hotel is furnished with antiques which add to the character and charm of the hotel and bring you back in time to the old west. The parlor has board games and puzzles to play before retiring for the evening. Although the hotel looks old from the outside, the interior is completely new with modern plumbing and electrical. The owners are real friendly and even went out of their way to pick up hot cocoa for my little girl when they were grocery shopping in Reno. We'll be coming back to the Tahoe House next time we're in Virginia City!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Tahoe House Hotel? Share your experiences!