“I've been coming to this place since the '70s” 5 of 5 stars

Bucket of Blood Saloon
1 South C Street, Virginia City, NV 89440
775-847-0322
Improve this listing
“I've been coming to this place since the '70s”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you want to feel like you're in the old west, then a visit to the Bucket of Blood is a must. I've been coming to this saloon since I was 6 years old, and this place never disappoints.

Visited July 2012

LAKEWOOD
15 attraction reviews
“Great bloody mary's and loose slots!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stopped in Bucket of Blood at the urging of a friend who had been. She wasn't kidding about the bloddy mary's. They were great. Not too spicy. Pickled green bean instead of an olive or celery. Packed a punch (which I didn't realize until I went to leave). We sat at slots to play while we drank, and both walked out way ahead!

A word of warning...if you buy a t-shirt, try it on. I bought a ladies tee and decided to change before we left. Good thing, because what should have been loose on me, wouldn't come close to fitting. Bought the next size up, which I should have been swimming in, and it was very form fitting. Mentioned it to the cashier and she agreed their women's shirts ran small (but didn't bother saying anything when I bought the first one).

We were here on a Monday before lunch, so it was pretty quiet. Got to look at all the old pictures and take lots of snapshots.

Visited June 2012
Richmond, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Comstock Cowboys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Comstock Cowboys were great on stage, the Saloon was standing room only, the western atmosphere takes you back to another time & place.

Visited May 2012
Swindon, United Kingdom
66 attraction reviews
“Lots of atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Looks reasonably authentic. Good atmosphere. Beer okay too.

Located next to the square from where the streetcar rides set off.

Visited September 2011
South Lyon, MI
4 attraction reviews
“So, so casino atmosphere, clean, decent place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We hit this place at a pretty quiet day of the week (Wed.). Not a big place. Bathroom decent. Decent connected restaurant with lots of Victorian decor. Locals go there.

Visited May 2012