Just spent 3 nights at the Ridge Tahoe for a family wedding onsite. Ridge Tahoe is located at the top of Kingsbury Grade, right next to the Heavenly Valley chair lift (Nevada side) . There are 7 or 8 buildings built virtually into the hillside with gorgeous views of the Carson Valley to the East.
Initially had a little bit of trouble finding the main office since the property is so spread out, but once we found it, all was good. We arrived in the late afternoon, and the evening manager was most helpful with the check in process. We were booked into the Plaza building, room 2301. Parking was very convenient, as there was an indoor parking garage on the 3rd floor of the Plaza building, which lead directly to the inside of the 3rd floor, where our room was. They conveniently had luggage carts, which made the trip from the car to our room a lot easier than carrying our luggage to the room, which would have taken several trips.
The room was very nice, clean with no obnoxious smells or odors: No air conditioning (what's up with that?), but a variable speed ceiling fan, which was adequate. The bed was a sleep number bed, with variable settings. The 1st night I used sleep setting 60, but did not sleep well. the other 2 nights I set it to 35 and slept like a baby. There was a mini refrigerator in the room, stocked with local banana bread, which was very good. There was also a coffee maker and a toaster, plus silverware and plates and cups for 4. There was a small table and a couple chairs which seemed a little cramped. The bathroom was very clean, stocked with soaps (2 sinks), lotion, shampoo and conditioner. The room was cleaned daily, with fresh towels and other bath supplies. The shower/bath was also very clean, but there seemed to be a bit of a drainage issue. The room also had a flat screen tv with remote and a pretty good selection of channels.
Ridge Tahoe also has several swimming pools and spa/hot tubs on site. Other amenities I saw were an indoor racquetball court, health club with workout facilities, tennis courts, golf driving nets, a pool table upstairs next to the bar in the club building and many organized activities for both young and old..
I tried the Ridge Club Deli in the main building a couple mornings for breakfast. Service was good, the food was outstanding (try the breakfast sandwich) and prices were very reasonable. The Bear Trap Bar upstairs has happy hour from 4-8pm, and the ambiance was very nice and relaxed. I did not eat in the Hungry Bear Restaurant, but did have 2 dinners associated with the wedding: a very tasty soft taco buffet with beef. pork and chicken and the works, and an outstanding beef medallion dinner with all the trimmings. Delicious!
There are also resort shuttles which will take you anywhere onsite you want to go. Walking around the resort can be tricky, since much of the resort is on a slope. The altitude and the thin mountain air made it hard for an old fart like me to walk up some of the steep inclines (walking downhill was easy!) Thank God for the shuttles! There's also an hourly shuttle to the casinos. We had a car, which made it easy to get around. It's about a 10+ minute trip down the hill to Harrah's, Harvey's, Montbleu, or the Lakeside Casino, and all offer free parking.
A very nice resort and a very nice stray.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ridge Tahoe sits high atop the Sierra's at 7,300 feet above sea level. Views are of the Carson Valley some 3,000 feet below and of the mountains. The property is spread out over 11 acres and connects with Heavenly Valley's Nevada, Stagecoach Lodge. Our on-site skier express lift provides free transportation directly to the stagecoach lift. Shuttle service is provided at no charge to and from the casino's in Stateline. Our property offers two bedroom suites, sleeping 6-8, one bedroom suites, sleeping four and deluxe hotel units, sleeping 2-4 guests. All two and one bedroom suites have full kitchens and fireplaces. Our 45,000 sq. feet clubhouse is the center piece of the resort where guests can enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Spa, Recreation, dining, deli, market place, concierge services, business center, full fitness center, 4 tennis courts (one in-door), two swimming pools (one in-door), BBQ's, Ping pong, full kids club program, guided hikes, rock climbing, snow shoeing and much more! The best part of the Ridge Tahoe is our people, we care very much about our guests and their vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your The Ridge Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ridge Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Ridge Tahoe Hotel Lake
- The Ridge Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV