We stayed in my in-laws lockoff portion of their timeshare they purchased back in '98. Travelling with our 1.5 year old for the first time to The Ridge, I wasn't sure how it would be - it was great. The room (6th floor of the Cascade) was spacious, clean, & was stocked with dishes, soap, microwave, mini fridge, & coffee maker. You are literally at the top edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, so it is windy - every day. We were here before so we knew to prepare for that and brought ear covers for our tater tot and light hoodies for ourselves. There is a playground that was perfect for our Tot at the Terrace Building next door.
There is a new moderate hiking/bike trail that takes 2.5-3.5 hours to hike down to town (with the little one, we needed to stop several times and just focus on her so it took us 3.5). It was beautiful with some fantastic views of the lake and the casinos from above. The Go Blue took us back up to The Ridge.
Food from the deli was excellent as was the service.
-We had a medical package and paid to have it overnighted to arrive on Saturday. They didn't pick it up until Monday and just gave excuses.
-There is a children's activity "drop off" for 3+yr olds. The concierge told me that I could join with my little one, but when I tried they told me that I couldn't come in with her it was drop off only.
-Try not to just let those heavy doors slam. Ugh our room was right next to housekeeping and someone was staying in the larger suite next door and the door slamming jarred me when trying to put our little one to sleep.
-Remember it's windy here.
-The restaurant is not open every day. The deli has split shift hours. Plan for that.
-There are games at the spa desk that you can check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ridge Tahoe sits high atop the Sierra's at 7,300 feet above sea level. Views are of the Carson Valley some 3,000 feet below and of the mountains. The property is spread out over 11 acres and connects with Heavenly Valley's Nevada, Stagecoach Lodge. Our on-site skier express lift provides free transportation directly to the stagecoach lift. Shuttle service is provided at no charge to and from the casino's in Stateline. Our property offers two bedroom suites, sleeping 6-8, one bedroom suites, sleeping four and deluxe hotel units, sleeping 2-4 guests. All two and one bedroom suites have full kitchens and fireplaces. Our 45,000 sq. feet clubhouse is the center piece of the resort where guests can enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Spa, Recreation, dining, deli, market place, concierge services, business center, full fitness center, 4 tennis courts (one in-door), two swimming pools (one in-door), BBQ's, Ping pong, full kids club program, guided hikes, rock climbing, snow shoeing and much more! The best part of the Ridge Tahoe is our people, we care very much about our guests and their vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your The Ridge Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ridge Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Ridge Tahoe Hotel Lake
- The Ridge Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV