Difficult to find without instructions, this is a complex of buildings, some rooms offering a great view over the valley. We had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker (with no instructions), a bedside light plugged in to a non working socket, another broken one on a table. There were also maintenance issues in the corridor outside. One window screen was broken. We were told this was a refurbished room.
What really upset us was the we checked in at about 7.30 after a very long drive and were given a leaflet about dinner - a good looking 3 course meal at a sensible price. At 7.55 we came from our room looking for the restaurant. I asked a member of staff where it was and they directed me up stairs to a closed restaurant - ie it had never been open. We then found the bar and the barman told us that the other restaurant was in another building we could drive to. However, he was closing at 8.00 and there was a single choice of stir fry in a cafe area downstairs, also closing at 8.00. We succumbed to that. then a guest told us we could have got a free shuttle bus to the other restaurant.
So, we were given inadequate and misleading information and it spoiled our evening. They were 'in between' seasons and the general attitude of the staff showed.
I asked at the Concierge Desk about boat trips and was directed into the gift shop. There they admitted to only booking one operator, but said that the Concierge could provide details of others. I explained that the Concierge had directed me to them and she simply shrugged her shoulders, as much as to say 'well that is what you get'.
There is a difference between Concierge and 'lady sat behind a desk' and I suggest that that change the sign on her desk to the latter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ridge Tahoe sits high atop the Sierra's at 7,300 feet above sea level. Views are of the Carson Valley some 3,000 feet below and of the mountains. The property is spread out over 11 acres and connects with Heavenly Valley's Nevada, Stagecoach Lodge. Our on-site skier express lift provides free transportation directly to the stagecoach lift. Shuttle service is provided at no charge to and from the casino's in Stateline. Our property offers two bedroom suites, sleeping 6-8, one bedroom suites, sleeping four and deluxe hotel units, sleeping 2-4 guests. All two and one bedroom suites have full kitchens and fireplaces. Our 45,000 sq. feet clubhouse is the center piece of the resort where guests can enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Spa, Recreation, dining, deli, market place, concierge services, business center, full fitness center, 4 tennis courts (one in-door), two swimming pools (one in-door), BBQ's, Ping pong, full kids club program, guided hikes, rock climbing, snow shoeing and much more! The best part of the Ridge Tahoe is our people, we care very much about our guests and their vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Ridge Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ridge Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Ridge Tahoe Hotel Lake
- The Ridge Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV