“Great springtime getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ridge Tahoe

You added The Ridge Tahoe to your Saves list
The Ridge Tahoe
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   400 Ridge Club Dr., P.O. Box 5790, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Stateline
Bremerton, Washington
“Great springtime getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed at the Ridge in early May, and the weather was very nice, in the 80s. The main pool and spa was open, the secondary pool opened mid-week while I was there. The 1 br apartment had a full kitchen and soaking bathtub, with a separate shower. Places to stow clothes during the one week stay, and an in-suite laundry! And though there was no A/C, there were overhead fans to keep the room cool. The room did have a small balcony, but the view from my condo was not very good. Try to get a room facing east towards Reno. That valley view was spectacular.

I loved the daily exercise classes in the morning, great way to start the day. They also had evening movies. Plan to cook your own meals, though. The restaurant at this place was closed due to the earliness of the season. However, it was only 8 miles to So Lake Tahoe and restaurants at Stateline, so there were plenty of options for dining out. The Chart House was especially wonderful, and only about 5 miles from the resort.

THE BEST, though, was that I signed up for a cooking class with Chef Stephan, and even though I was the only one present, he proceeded to give me the royal tour of his kitchen and several great tips on marinating, grilling, reductions for sauces, etc, and we had a wonderful dinner of shrimp salad, grilled chicken with veggies, and lava cake for dessert. It was well worth the $95.

I would definitely recommend this place for a getaway. I was by myself and still had a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the valley towards Reno...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I got this resort for Tahoe in really cheap price compared to others, was worried little bit as it was 8 mile far from downtown and lake shore, but it came like a great surprise....it is really out from that downtown casino crowd, on mountain top ,....wow...you will feel you are in vacation....but can reach lake in 10 mins..
We reached there early, but they allowed us early check In as room was ready, that is great....a really big resort, you have pretty much everything, sauna, swimming pool, children's park, indoor games, kids activities, movies, and tons of things......we got a condo on tower building fifth floor....
We requested for a view room....got completely mesmerized by the view, oh mine,..it was really gorgeous...amenities, room decor, balcony and full glass window in living room view.....I can give five stars just for this ....It was a one bedroom condo, everything you need they have kept, tons of glass sets, dishes and kitchen accessories in brand new wonderful kitchen.....sofa, dining table, all the lampshades and decor was very elegant...two tv s, DVD players, fireplace, dishwasher, washing machine too...so stay was awesome...my kid loved the resort...they have a tourist centre for all discount tickets and that lady wad really helpful, there was a store where you can get medicines, fruits, frozen entrees and souvenirs...what more we can ask for,,ohh they have sleep number bed with remote and a deep wonderful tub....
Some problems, you need to pay for wifi ,that is disappointing.. They don't have AC ,it was hot in June, they gave a fan in bedroom,but still hot...and you cannot ask for coffee and creamers daily...

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view room..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brentwood, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The property is located on top of Kingsbury Grade, which is about 15 minutes from Hwy. 50. The resort has several buildings, and have a very convenient bus that will take you around as well as to the casinos. There are plenty of planned activities at the resort. There is 1 deli and 1 restaurant. The restaurant was not open while we were there. They do have a happy hour in the bar, but the prices are pretty high.

We were there for 1 week, and had a 2 bedroom unit with a fireplace. Kitchen is well-equipped, and the beds are all Sleep Numbers. The pillows were too puffy for me. The resort gives you a complimentary cleaning by the maid service halfway through your stay. The carpet needed vacuumed better when we originally arrived. The windows and doors leak cold air, so if you went in the winter, that might make it uncomfortable.

Room Tip: We were in the Naegle 10 building. The view was of pine trees, which was nice. If you were in the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at The Ridge from June 10 - June 14 and, it was "almost" the perfect stay. The room was very clean - a decent size - and with a positive surprise - a gas fireplace. This came in handy for the cool evenings when we slept with the windows partially open.

The "windows partially open" comment was the reason it wasn't the "perfect" stay as The Ridge has no A/C in their rooms and, even in early June, the weather is turning very warm during the day - rapidly heating up the rooms. The Ridge does supply an old fashioned box fan (apparently in every room) so we were able to get air circulating.

Pretty warm in the room during the day - opening the windows when we returned in the evening to cool things off - and needing to turn the fireplace on over night as things cool down overnight.

The staff was friendly and while The Ridge is definitely off the beaten path (it takes a good 20 minutes to get to and from town due to the mountain roads), the scenery from the location is outstanding and well worth the trip.

We only had one meal at The Ridge and it was good (though pricy).

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tower - 9th floor - which opened to some fantastic views of the valley below. (Be...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Well. Let's start first with the good points. The most important thing is that the room is clean. So, the room was clean. I stayed in the Tower building. The bed was nice. The bathroom was also very good. There was a jacuzzi in it with a bubbleswitch. In enjoyed it.

I stayed for 1 night, just on a roadtrip. So now you are thinking, why did you had a bad stay when everything that is important is okay?

Well, the service was very bad and I do not complain so fast about service because normally I do not need any help or anything.
There was just only 1 thing that I wanted. I wanted to use internet. So I went to the club building where you must check-in and check-out at the registrationdesk. Nobody was there! I was waiting for 10 minutes and nobody came. Also behind me were two other people that wanted to check-in but there was no one. I looked at a sign and it says :"Manager on Duty (Shirley or some name that begins with an S, I forgot the name) After 10 minutes or more, a securityguard came and asked me if I was helped already. I told him that I was waiting a long time and nobody is here. Than he called the name of the manager, and she was just there, but behind a wall waching tv or something. When she came I told here that I wanted to use the internet. She told me that it would cost 5 dollar. Than I said to her why it cost 5 dollar? On the front desk at the registration was a sign that says: "Free wifi internet, just ask the consierge how".
When I told her this, she was trying to tell a lie, but she was not able to come up with a lie that fast because saw her having trouble to bring the words up. This is very bad for a manager of a great hotel. Maybe the sign on the desk is old or something, but just give me the free wifi code and than remove the sign from your desk so you would not have trouble anymore with people complaining about free wifi if the wifi is not free.

I think the manager was not so smart. She tried to cover her lie but could not finish her words. When I saw that I did not go further and I let her feel good. If she is happy with 5 dollar than will give her even 10 dollar if she want, but not for the bad service.

She makes the hotel bad for just 5 dollars. I don't care about the 5 dollar, but I care about the sign that says free and than a manager trying to come up with a lie that she even could not make.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Elk Grove, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked with a discounted rate on another site for a Thursday-Saturday stay at the Ridge in June. When we got there, we were put in the Tower building, 7th floor.

Despite free internet being advertised, we learned that it was only free if you listened to their 90+ minute to infinity long sales pitch about timeshares. Since we valued our sanity and time, we said no thanks and braved it without internet and data reception. I know, first world problems.

The first night was acceptable since it was cool and no one else appeared to be staying on our floor. The next night, however, was much warmer (no A/C in the rooms) and with the paper thin walls - it was apparent that a lot of sleep was out of the question - despite the sleep number beds.

To make matters worse, the elevator broke down that day, so any journey from our room to anywhere else required us to first find the unmarked staircases (they're labeled fire exit - not stairs or anything that would leave you to believe that's what they were) and then go up and or down several flights of stairs. Fun. Double fun when the HOTEL STAFF HAD NO IDEA where the stairs were located and could not direct us to them. Wondering around in a warm building trying to find the stairway is AWESOME!

Not.

Additionally and unbeknownst to us when we booked the place, their main pool was closed (really, in June?) and their restaurant was closed (again - really, in June?). So we were stuck with the options of going into town (which is about a 15 minute drive) or eating the limited & overpriced foods at their deli. Again, fun.

Personally, I think I will stay clear of this place. The rooms are outdated, dirty if you look at them in the light, and the customer service stinks to high heaven. No thanks.

Room Tip: Don't come here in the summer since the rooms do not have A/C. Also, bring ear plugs because of...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Campbell, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We are owners at the Ridge and recently stayed on Bonus Time. I have always enjoyed all that the Ridge has to offer and this last trip was no exception. Everything you need for a great vacation is on the premises. On our recent trip I was very happy and impressed with the front desk Staff, Nina, Brian and Daisy who helped us with our room requests and also helped with a last minute room for some family members who decided to stay also. They were all professional, helpful and friendly. Sharon at the Concierge desk also helped us out and gave us great ideas for dinner, Happy Hour etc. As always a great stay at The Ridge Tahoe.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Ridge Tahoe? Share your experiences!