I stayed at the Ridge in early May, and the weather was very nice, in the 80s. The main pool and spa was open, the secondary pool opened mid-week while I was there. The 1 br apartment had a full kitchen and soaking bathtub, with a separate shower. Places to stow clothes during the one week stay, and an in-suite laundry! And though there was no A/C, there were overhead fans to keep the room cool. The room did have a small balcony, but the view from my condo was not very good. Try to get a room facing east towards Reno. That valley view was spectacular.
I loved the daily exercise classes in the morning, great way to start the day. They also had evening movies. Plan to cook your own meals, though. The restaurant at this place was closed due to the earliness of the season. However, it was only 8 miles to So Lake Tahoe and restaurants at Stateline, so there were plenty of options for dining out. The Chart House was especially wonderful, and only about 5 miles from the resort.
THE BEST, though, was that I signed up for a cooking class with Chef Stephan, and even though I was the only one present, he proceeded to give me the royal tour of his kitchen and several great tips on marinating, grilling, reductions for sauces, etc, and we had a wonderful dinner of shrimp salad, grilled chicken with veggies, and lava cake for dessert. It was well worth the $95.
I would definitely recommend this place for a getaway. I was by myself and still had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ridge Tahoe sits high atop the Sierra's at 7,300 feet above sea level. Views are of the Carson Valley some 3,000 feet below and of the mountains. The property is spread out over 11 acres and connects with Heavenly Valley's Nevada, Stagecoach Lodge. Our on-site skier express lift provides free transportation directly to the stagecoach lift. Shuttle service is provided at no charge to and from the casino's in Stateline. Our property offers two bedroom suites, sleeping 6-8, one bedroom suites, sleeping four and deluxe hotel units, sleeping 2-4 guests. All two and one bedroom suites have full kitchens and fireplaces. Our 45,000 sq. feet clubhouse is the center piece of the resort where guests can enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Spa, Recreation, dining, deli, market place, concierge services, business center, full fitness center, 4 tennis courts (one in-door), two swimming pools (one in-door), BBQ's, Ping pong, full kids club program, guided hikes, rock climbing, snow shoeing and much more! The best part of the Ridge Tahoe is our people, we care very much about our guests and their vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ridge Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ridge Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Ridge Tahoe Hotel Lake
- The Ridge Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV