We first discovered The Ridge one summer afternoon driving over the Kingsbury Grade looking for a place to stay after four days of camping. We ended up buying a timeshare here because of the quality of the property, the beautiful views and vast number of free activities.
This is a well-managed facility that has something for everyone, whether you want to relax by the fire with a book, get a massage or play tennis in the middle of winter. Sometimes we go up for a week, other times just for a day or two, but we always have a great time. Here's what we've done at The Ridge:
Take a walk on trail in the snow, swim in one of the two pools, lounge in the many spas, enjoy the steam room, play racketball, billiards, ping-pong, Wii, air hockey, etc., watch a movie in the on-site theater, play tennis and basketball on the indoor court, have snowball fights, go skiing at Heavenly right nearby, let the kids enjoy the free Kids Club ... or just sleep in, wake up and enjoy the miles of views over the Carson Valley.
All of this without any snootiness, parking fees or constant assistance from valets or bellboys. This is a mellow place that is truly a home away from home. You drive up, check in and then decide what you want to do. Go shopping and fill the fridge with food for a week or pop down for a bite at the deli. Need something you forgot? The little store is filled with anything you might be missing.
Any time of the year is great here as well. In the winter, watch the snow fall and stomp through the fresh powder. In the summer, walk around in shorts and flip-flops and pack a picnic lunch down at the lake.
The rooms here are also very comfortable, large and well-maintained, featuring Sleep Number beds. They regularly upgrade hard and soft furnishings to keep the look contemporary and clean.
If you're going to Tahoe and looking for a place to stay, unless you have to be on the lake, try The Ridge. It's excellent, all the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ridge Tahoe sits high atop the Sierra's at 7,300 feet above sea level. Views are of the Carson Valley some 3,000 feet below and of the mountains. The property is spread out over 11 acres and connects with Heavenly Valley's Nevada, Stagecoach Lodge. Our on-site skier express lift provides free transportation directly to the stagecoach lift. Shuttle service is provided at no charge to and from the casino's in Stateline. Our property offers two bedroom suites, sleeping 6-8, one bedroom suites, sleeping four and deluxe hotel units, sleeping 2-4 guests. All two and one bedroom suites have full kitchens and fireplaces. Our 45,000 sq. feet clubhouse is the center piece of the resort where guests can enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Spa, Recreation, dining, deli, market place, concierge services, business center, full fitness center, 4 tennis courts (one in-door), two swimming pools (one in-door), BBQ's, Ping pong, full kids club program, guided hikes, rock climbing, snow shoeing and much more! The best part of the Ridge Tahoe is our people, we care very much about our guests and their vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ridge Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ridge Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Ridge Tahoe Hotel Lake
- The Ridge Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV