“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ridge Tahoe

You added The Ridge Tahoe to your Saves list
The Ridge Tahoe
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   400 Ridge Club Dr., P.O. Box 5790, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Stateline
Davis
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I spent a week here with a friend using her time-share days. We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite in the Plaza tower. The rooms are large and the beds comfortable, as other reviewers have said. The narrow, steep, winding road from Lake Tahoe is a one-way loop so going up and down every day can get a little tedious (and then a little exciting when it started snowing). The kitchen has everything we need and then some, and the in-room laundry is a plus. While it is true that the living room furniture is a little worn, there is plenty of it and it is comfortable, so not a problem. Wifi is cheap and works perfectly well even with two simultaneous users. Maintenance responded very quickly and fixed the problems we discovered. It is true that the toilets are unusually low, but aren't presenting the problem for us that others mentioned (even tho' we're both nearly 70). We haven't tried the shuttle yet, but may tomorrow if the snow really accumulates on the road. We don't have a view of the lake, which is disappointing. We do have a great view toward Carson City, but I didn't find it particularly appealing. One real negative is that, although it it's snowing, the rooms remain hot and stuffy even with the heat completely turned off! I can't imagine what it would be like in the summer, as there is no air conditioning.

Room Tip: Specify a Lake Tahoe view, if it matters to you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at The Ridge Tahoe with my girlfriend Julia recently and really enjoyed the experience. The views from the resort were spectacular and the service and massages at the resort were very very good. We went down into town and enjoyed the paddle wheel boat ride to Emerald Bay and that was a lot of fun too!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We travelled across from Monterey to spend 3 days in Tahoe and our travel company booked us The Ridge at Tahoe. We arrived in the dark and did not see any of the picturesque mountains on the way but on arrival the apartment was better than expected. The rooms are large with a balcony and a big living room. The beds were comfortable with large televisions in each. The kitchen was fitted out well with washing machine and ironing equipment. We had breakfast every day at the clubhouse and the staff went out of there way to be helpful. The facilities such as the gym, pool and steam room were an unexpected bonus. I highly recommend this hotel....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Herlong, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Pretty much the same experience as JHunter26, except worse. The low toilet he mentions, I measured at 16 inches from the floor to the seat. That meant I had to lower my bottom 4 inches below my knees. Being older, having 2 knee replacements, and a back injury, this was impossible. I sat down on the lid to see if I could handle it and my husband had to lift me up. The front desk offered to send us a rolling commode, just what I wanted to use for our anniversary get away. Right. Disgusting. We asked about a handicapped room with bars for the toilet and after talking to 3 different people, they finally moved us, but it took almost an hour to get it done.

The new room was at the Terrace building and nicer with a great toilet. Actually, it was average but I could really appreciate that. The sleep number bed was horrible. Neither one of us got much sleep. Just couldn't seem to get it adjusted right and there was a big ridge on my husband's back. I would have used the hot tub if I had known it was in the building sooner, but there are no signs and it took a while to find it. In my search for the hot tub I went where they had the extra ski lockers and up the stairs. At the top of the stairs in the very center of the wall was where someone had backed up to the wall and used it as a toilet. YOU MAY WANT TO SKIP MY DESCRIPTION. About 3 feet off the ground there was dry feces running down the wall with a pile (it was pretty old and very dry) on the floor. It had obviously being there a long time.

That brings us to the housekeeping. Very poor. Instead of making the bed she just pulled the covers up and smoothed the bedspread, leaving the pillows uncovered. The bottom sheet was off of the corner and not smoothed out. The top sheet was all wadded up and the blanket rumpled. We had to make the bed before we could go to bed. My husband forgot to take the coffee filter out and rinse the pot, and she didn't do it either. There was shampoo when we got there but she didn't replace what we used. We asked for more at the front desk and he said he have housekeeping bring it. We waited 2 hours, until it was too late to go out, and finally called. Nobody would answer at the front desk but I finally go in touch with housekeeping and they said they never got the message and would bring some. In about a half hour it arrived.

The other thing was just a feeling we got. There were only about 8-10 cars in the garage. We never saw another person except when we would go to the garage. It was so vacant, it was like we were in a ghost hotel, especially when I couldn't even get someone at the front desk. I mentioned this the morning we were leaving and my husband had the same feeling. On the comment card I requested management give me a call. I would like them to know all that was wrong so they can correct the problems. We will see if they do. They did offer to give us free breakfasts for all the problems, but we aren't after something free, would just like to see the problems fixed and get what we were paying for. We did refuse the breakfasts with a "Thank You Anyway".

Room Tip: Make sure it has a regular toilet. Be sure to bring your own shampoo and soap. If it is cold outsi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_400, General Manager at The Ridge Tahoe, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, information such as yours is always helpful to us and always taken seriously.

I am sincerely sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are so proud of our staff and their guest service scores have remained so high over the years I was shocked to hear your account of housekeeping and front desk. We certainly have shared these comments with their individual managers for follow-up. As we perform renovations obviously the toilets are being replaced with the standard height toilets.

I am confident a manager will be in contact with you if you've requested this via the comment card.

Again, thanks for taking the time to post your experience and we do apologize for missing the mark during your stay.

Dan Garrison
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Nina and Alex at the front desk demonstrated superior customer service at check-in, the manager on duty (did not catch her name) was extremely helpful and courteous. The deli produce good sandwiches and a great breakfast. Overall this was one of my best travel experience in a while. I would recommended the Ridge to anyone going to South Lake Tahoe, They know how to treat the traveler... Thanks again Hadley

Room Tip: Everything was exceptional.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit in the Cascade building in July 2012. Having stayed in several Tahoe area time shares, I was pretty sure that I knew what to expect. I was happily surprised. The full kitchen area was small but then so is mine in my home, so it didn't bother me. Nice dining area for sit-down meals. The living room was nice with a sofa and loveseat. Large flat screen TV with DVD/surround sound system. The master bedroom was large and nice, having a king bed, sofa, flat screen TV , sink, small refrigerator and microwave. Second bedroom was smaller with a Queen bed. Both bathrooms were huge! They had separate shower and tubs and the tubs were enormous. Tub in the second bathroom was jacuzzi. There are several buildings in the complex. The Cascade building is on the lower part of the hill so the view isn't all that great but hey, nothing in Tahoe is ugly! There is a parking garage beneath the building but if you stay out too late all the spots will be taken. There are a few parking spots on the street though. The pool area is large and nice with large pool and hot tub. There is also an activity center. At the main office there is a small store with essentials and souvenirs. They also have a restaurant and a deli, neither of which we visited. There is a concierge on site who is more than happy to make reservations for eating and activities but beware......she will rope you into a timeshare presentation if you show any signs of weakness. I actually took her up on it just to get the freebies offered. The drive down to the casinos is about 3 miles but seems a little longer due to the curves in the road.
I would stay here again in a hot minute.

Room Tip: If you are just renting, I would suggest asking for a room in one of the top buildings in order to g...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We recently spent a week at The Ridge Tahoe with friends. For one of the most spectacular views we have ever had from a hotel room request a room facing east. The sunrise in the morning and the lights of Carson Valley at night are beautiful. Very central location for casinos and all the fun at South Lake Tahoe, we played several rounds of golf in Carson Valley. The Ridge will be our first choice the next time we visit Lake Tahoe.

Room Tip: Get a room facing east.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Ridge Tahoe? Share your experiences!