I spent a week here with a friend using her time-share days. We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite in the Plaza tower. The rooms are large and the beds comfortable, as other reviewers have said. The narrow, steep, winding road from Lake Tahoe is a one-way loop so going up and down every day can get a little tedious (and then a little exciting when it started snowing). The kitchen has everything we need and then some, and the in-room laundry is a plus. While it is true that the living room furniture is a little worn, there is plenty of it and it is comfortable, so not a problem. Wifi is cheap and works perfectly well even with two simultaneous users. Maintenance responded very quickly and fixed the problems we discovered. It is true that the toilets are unusually low, but aren't presenting the problem for us that others mentioned (even tho' we're both nearly 70). We haven't tried the shuttle yet, but may tomorrow if the snow really accumulates on the road. We don't have a view of the lake, which is disappointing. We do have a great view toward Carson City, but I didn't find it particularly appealing. One real negative is that, although it it's snowing, the rooms remain hot and stuffy even with the heat completely turned off! I can't imagine what it would be like in the summer, as there is no air conditioning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ridge Tahoe sits high atop the Sierra's at 7,300 feet above sea level. Views are of the Carson Valley some 3,000 feet below and of the mountains. The property is spread out over 11 acres and connects with Heavenly Valley's Nevada, Stagecoach Lodge. Our on-site skier express lift provides free transportation directly to the stagecoach lift. Shuttle service is provided at no charge to and from the casino's in Stateline. Our property offers two bedroom suites, sleeping 6-8, one bedroom suites, sleeping four and deluxe hotel units, sleeping 2-4 guests. All two and one bedroom suites have full kitchens and fireplaces. Our 45,000 sq. feet clubhouse is the center piece of the resort where guests can enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Spa, Recreation, dining, deli, market place, concierge services, business center, full fitness center, 4 tennis courts (one in-door), two swimming pools (one in-door), BBQ's, Ping pong, full kids club program, guided hikes, rock climbing, snow shoeing and much more! The best part of the Ridge Tahoe is our people, we care very much about our guests and their vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ridge Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ridge Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Ridge Tahoe Hotel Lake
- The Ridge Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV