“Great stay at Lakeside” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
Felton, California
“Great stay at Lakeside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

We stayed at the Lakeside Inn the weekend of April 25th.
Here are the details for Rm 113 (Suite Rm)

Positives:
nice sized downstairs room
deck
separate sink area with fridge, coffee maker, microwave
sofa and love seat
flat screen tv
soft towels

Negatives
poor lighting in shower area

We had a really nice stay at Lakeside. The coffee shop/rest. has a great breakfast deal for $2.99 and $3 well drinks at the bar.
Staff is very friendly and efficent. My only real complaint is that the slots were very tight. Would stay again!

• Liked — great room ste. 113
  • Disliked — tight slots
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

I absolutely LOVE Lakeside! I used to frequent the larger hotels in Vegas and Atlantic City, and I'll take Lakeside over them anytime! I've been travelling from the midwest about 4 times a year for the past 10 years or so just to stay/play there. You can't find a more friendly caring staff anywhere, and the locals who play there are super nice and make even an "outsider" like me feel right at home.

If you are expecting a big glitzy hotel this is not the place for you. But, if you enjoy a very comfortable smaller casino, with a great staff, all the current (loose) slot and poker machines, ski-lodge like rooms, and a great restaurant with a $2.99 breakfast, you can't beat Lakeside!

Counting the days until my next visit!

Stayed April 2008
ILLINOIS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

The room was great and they were helpful by phone BEFORE we got there. The food was also excellent. The front desk was off and on---sometimes downright rude! I'm still getting misc. charges and overcharges and having to straighten them out---check your credit card statement and keep your receipt. For the money and locale (and discounts on Tahoe stuff) it was good, but BEWARE OF HOW THEY CAN RIP YOU OFF!

Stayed March 2008
KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

This was the second time at the Lakeside for me. I stayed there in 2006 with my sister, and we loved it so much that when my family went to Tahoe this year, there was no question that we would stay there again.
The casino is separate from the hotel, which is not "lakeside" at all. It is a motel type set up, not a hotel. The rooms are larger than most, have a rustic cabin type decor, and are quiet. We didn't have any problem with outside noise. The room we stayed in had a refrigerator and a microwave.
The $3.99 breakfast had a lot of options and was served quickly and cooked perfectly.
Although I won quite a bit when at the Lakeside with my sister, I went through all of my cash quickly this time - just bad luck I suppose!

• Liked — Casino, restaurants, price
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

Went on a ski trip to Heavenly, and stayed at the Lakeside Inn and Casino. The accommodations were what was expected for the the hotel rating, and price. The location is good, a short shuttle ride to the Gondola, or on the route of many other resort buses. The staff was very friendly, and our room included breakfast which was wonderful.
This truly is the locals casino, the staff was great, and the crowds were average (just enough to not feel crowded, but enough to fill the room with buzz) Although this is where I lost most of my money, I still enjoyed playing here more than I did in the larger casinos.

Great Value, Friendly Staff, Excellent Food, and An All Around Good Experience.

• Stayed March 2007
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2008

This place is inexpensive but it is still not worth the money. We checked the reviews and did not expect too much. From the reviews we expected a place with rustic furniture and a clean room (similar to a Motel6 type of stay). The room smelled like bad perfume, I think that it was from the cleaning agents or maybe something they sprayed after cleaning the room. It was so bad, that I asked to have the room changed. The front desk employees were very nice and helpful and gave us a different room. The new room smelled even worse. It was so bad we had to keep the door open the whole time we were there. Also another major complaint was the beds. They were way past their life expectancy. They boosted about their recent million dollar renovations...we just couldn't find them.
My wife and I do not require much. We camp and stay at budget motels and hostels. I would compare this place to a decent hostel. There are many other accommodations for the same price in South Tahoe that are nicer places.

• Liked — leaving......okay, the staff was nice
  • Disliked — the smell
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

This is the 3rd year we've stayed at Lakeside, so I speak from experience when I say this is a pretty neat little hotel and casino. I've never had a problem checking in, or a problem with the room. I've stayed on the bottom floor, and upstairs, and have never had a problem with noise. It's remarkable to me how quiet it is, because the rooms are always cheap, and we always come in winter to ski...when all the braindead dropout snowboarders invade South Lake. There were some loud people down the hall, but as soon as I closed the door, their inane conversations and stoner laughs would disappear. I'm actually surprised how well insulated the rooms are.

The amenities in the room are basic, but functional. The TV had really good reception, and a decent number of channels. The toiletries were better than your average motel junk, and they even give you three Andes candies (haha!). The bed was decent...average for a hotel, but I didn't like the rock hard overstuffed pillows. Oh, and the heater works well. When we checked in, the heater was off, and the room was freezing. We turned it on, and within 15 minutes, it was nice and toasty inside.

As far as the rest of the place goes, it's also all above average. The casino is small, but quaint. It's not overwhelming like a Vegas casino, or even like the competition in Stateline. But they have all the games you want, even $5 Blackjack for us cheapskates! The restaurant food is just ok, but better than a chain diner. The service is quite fast, and you can't beat the $2 drinks.

Overall, I like the Lakeside Inn. Perhaps we've always been lucky with few, or quiet neighbors, but it's always been a good place to rest my head after a long day on the slopes. It's not right in the heart of Stateline, but I like that. It's a 5 minute drive to the main casinos, so if you want a more livelier apres-ski, all the great South Lake "action" is just around the corner.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Lakeside Inn and Casino? Share your experiences!