“Good value, great food!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$89 Steak & Lobster Offer
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
San Jose, California
“Good value, great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It isn't a five star resort, but it is small, quaint, and comfortable. Only half a mile from the main casinos, it's easily within walking distance and has a very relaxed vibe. The pool and hot tub are nice, and the Timber House restaurant has fabulous food at a reasonable price! The staff is really friendly and nice (except for one really surly bartender that we've deemed "Mr. Grumpy Pants"). The decor is very rustic and circa 1970, but in my humble opinion, just adds to the cabin-like feel. Beds are very comfortable, showers work well and no issues with hot water. If you are looking for lake views, high-end amenities, room service, and fancy casinos, Lakeside Inn is not for you! If you are looking for a comfortable bed, great food and reasonable price, then this is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: one of the buildings, the Glenbrook, was recently upgraded. You can also request one that is poolsid...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Hmm, never judge a hotel site that shows a view of a lake over the roof. I booked this, fairly much sight unseen, over the internet. Lake Tahoe - beautiful, right? Yes, it definitely is but, you won't see it from the inn's namesake. But, what do you get?

Well, the decor is charmingly rustic - the exterior shingles are mirrored in the room. We stayed in a king bed room on the ground (in the U.S. called the first) floor. Great for unpacking and re-packing our car. No view from the porch but it was nice to have a porch in the first place. Also, shame about the dangerous ripples/wrinkles in the floor carpet which are a potential tripping hazard.

The casino. We parked up out front (not realising the Reception was at the side) and I walked through the casino. It was smoky and crowded; not at all pleasant or enticing. As a result we didn't visit the casino here (but we did visit a nice casino along the road).

The other problem and, a minor one, was that the bath tap did not produce hot water. I called Reception and a maintenance man came. He said the valve had gone and it could take up to three hours to replace. His suggestion was to run the shower tap into the bath. When I checked out today I mentioned the problem again.

Upsides? The bed was comfortable and I had a good sleep despite our room being right at the edge of the building. Its close to other casinos. And, the breakfast was good.

All in all, moderate value but I think I might have chosen elsewhere given a second chance.

Antioch, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We just had our wedding party stay at this hotel. In the beginning we were very happy with how everything was set up. WELL - On our check out day - not only were our guest greeted with staff knocking at the doors at 8am to clean the rooms (check out was at noon) - but as a Bride - we forgot a couple expensive items. Within a half hour of leaving. We made 7 phone calls to get the items - and was passed around to multiple people, including security, who told my husband they would check the room and call back After 8 hours - we had to call back to find out that the items were not there. Then the next day the QA Mananger (Stacy) calls and flat out refused to believe that her staff would have taken the items - and accused OUR family of taking them. Granted we forgot the items - but be honest - to accuse the family - I blame the hotel for lying and stealing.

WE WILL NEVER STAY IN SUCH A PLACE AGAIN. And don't stay in the jacuzzi suite - the air conditioner does not work. The family in front of us checking out were complaining and they all just look at them like they didn't care.

This place is a joke. They ruined everything.

Room Tip: Stay some place else
San Rafael, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

When we checked into this hotel, they wished my husband a happy birthday and he was given several coupons to use, including $30 off on our hotel room which was awesome! Our room was nice and everything very clean. We had asked for a quiet room on the 2nd floor and were given room 278 at the end of the building which was very quiet indeed. Our window looked out on another building that had no windows so there was a lot of privacy although no view. The bathroom had plenty of space for all of my "stuff" that I need to use every morning. Bed was comfortable. Air conditioning was adjustable. We played the slots for awhile at the casino downstairs and did OK, i.e., I didn't lose any money and was able to play quite awhile on what I put in. We had dinner in the main dining room and it was very good!

Room Tip: For a quiet nights sleep ask for a 2nd floor room "in a quiet location".
montrose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

we enjoyed the location of this hotel, the room and bathroom sizes were good, the location of the air conditioning was not good the bed and curtains were blocking the air flow, the pool and hot tub were great, we would come back here
although finding where to check in wasn't easy should have signs

Room Tip: i would get an upper room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fresno, Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I spent 2 nights here and was very happy with my stay. Both on-site restaurants were great. The Timber Lodge had really good breakfasts- especially the "Carrot Cake Pancakes". The Latin Soul restaurant lived up to the hype and I went more than once during my time in Tahoe. Try the Poppers- fabulous!

Hotel staff were consistently pleasant and helpful. Pet-friendly rooms are available. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable, and the only downside was some wear on the curtains. A fridge is available upon request.

I will gladly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012
Keizer, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Lakeside Inn Hotel and Casino is your best bet in Stateline. The casino is charming, has a great assortment of machines in a variety of denominations, and the staff is very accommodating.
The majority of machines are multi-denominational and that is a good thing. It makes it easy and convenient to switch from nickels to pennies to quarters to dollars on the same machine. For the nostalgics there is a bank of machines near the casino cage that pay off in dollar tokens. The machines accept bills and when a winning combination appears the tokens clang and cha-ching
into the bowl. I love that sound, the sound of money!

The beverage service was wonderful. Annette is the cocktail waitress who took my order most often. She smiled, greeted me, and then asked for my order. She is a pro. With or without alcohol my drink was delivered promptly and with a smile. You are wonderful, Annette.

The gift shop is as big as my walk-in closet but it certainly offers a nice variety of merchandise: souvenirs, candy, purses & totes, post cards, calendars, home decor items, candles, and T-shirts; the list goes on.

The staff in the Lakeside Inn are friendly. They provided a sense of welcoming hospitality and graciousness. There is a great sense of security while playing in the casino. I did not come across any weirdos or vagrant types. The games are top notch, and with two great restaurants it was easy and convenient for dining.

Do not miss visiting the Lakeside Inn. I did not stay in the inn. I was allowed to take a peek into two different types of rooms and they looked good to me. The pool and hot tub are on a patio with suites adjacent. It all looked clean and appealing. I have already booked my October, 2012, trip.

Sushi Pier is across the street when the mood strikes.

Travel via the Blue Bus to go shopping, sight seeing, and casino hopping. The fare is $2.00 and $1.00 for disabled travelers. The bus stops directly in front of the casino. You can travel the route to see most of Stateline and South Lake Tahoe, CA. You can also transfer to Carson City to see the State Capitol and other sites.

The Lakeside Inn is a great place to visit!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Lakeside Inn and Casino? Share your experiences!