“Surprisingly good!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
New York
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We weren't sure what kind of Thai food Tahoe would offer, but this place actually delivered. I had red curry chicken and it was delicious. Decently priced and generous portions. Everyone in my group seemed to enjoy theirs as well (pumpkin curry with tofu and chicken and green curry with chicken). Service was very good and attentive too.

Visited February 2014

Lake Tahoe, NV
“Mediocre food, bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food is ok if you are looking for averagae, bland Thai food. I was with a group, and several of us ordered dishes that were supposed to be spicey, but were nowhere near being spicey. Ok if you are looking for bland Thai food that will give you a bad aftertaste that not even a shot of gin will eradicate.

Our waiter was surly. Asked for a couple different appetizers, and just shook his head no. What, I can't have app's? I guess that was to indicate that they were out of such. After a couple tries, I gave up on the apps and just ordered dinner.

People's dinners came out sporadically, and no one came by to check in on things, ask for dessert, or give us our check. I had to go to to the counter to get our bill. If you are in that area, go to Mott Canyon or even the Goal Post. Skip this place.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, Washington
“Great food, a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had the fried rice (bland), wonton soup (good but different from your standard wonton soup - kids said it tasted a bit fishy), Phad Thai (good but needed more chicken, and a chicken dish (very good).

Overall the food was good but like most things in Tahoe,pricier than what you will find in your standard US suburb. The service was a bit rude but they were very very busy.

Visited December 2013
“Food good but service spoiled it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We came to eat one evening between xmas and new year- normally thai food is very quick but the service was very slow- we had to wait almost one hour. The food when it came was ok- very mild despite asking for it spicy, portions big. The seviced ruined what could have been a really good meal.

Visited December 2013
Carson City, Nevada
“Over done and burned food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I are Kingsbury Grade business owners for over 30 years, We had been eating almost weekly at the Thai One One restaurant. What we experienced last week was likened to a 5 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

My son and husband's food arrived. Whoever was running the deep fryer must have fallen asleep because my son's was burned and my husbands was so overcooked you could hardly bite through it. When we attempted to bring this to the attention of the waiter, he was avasive as he tried to ignore us; but eventually came over and took my son's food away bringing him a new serving. This was not the case with my husband's egg rolls. In a fit of anger, the waiter grabbed the plate off the table then stormed across the room and flung the egg rolls in to the trash can carrying on like a five year old. (I do apologize to all the five year olds out there...maybe a spoiled brat would be more appropriate!) He then took one of them out of the trash showing it to the woman who was working behind the counter, still ranting in his home language and the tantrums continued. Afterwards he totally ignored us. I even had to go to the counter to pay the tab as he never brought it to our table.

After witnessing this childish behavior and consequently being treated so badly over their bad food, we will never set foot in their restaurant again; and you can be assured I will never recommend them either. His behavior was appalling to say the least.

• Visited December 2013