“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

(775) 588-6611
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sage Room Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Stateline
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Blue Go Transit - Corner of Stateline and Hwy 50 in Front of Embassy Suite across from Harveys
Parkland, Florida
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The presentation of the food was good but the taste was awful. Very bland food served at this restaurant. How can a steakhouse serve a tasteless steak? Would not recommend.

Visited November 2012

Sylacauga, Alabama
“Old school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Yes, it's a casino restaurant, and yes, it's very good. Old school table side prep of some items, and the service was excellent. The wine list is very adequate also. It's a steak house and they do it right. We had drinks at the bar before dinner, and met several very nice locals. By the time we left, we felt like locals ourselves.

• Visited April 2013
Glenbrook, Nevada
“Best Steak in Tahoe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We're Tahoe locals and eat here once a week when we're in town. But keep you're expectations in check. We like the ambiance but some may find it dated. One man's Tahoe Charm is another's "old". Service is impeccable. Staff have been here forever. I read several reviews that sound like another place. Remember your in Tahoe, there are no lobsters in the Lake, don't expect fresh. My advice is ask for advice. The waiters are pros and wont steer you wrong, i normally start with either the wedge with added bacon and fried onions or go for the Caesar salad prepared table side. My wife enjoys the escargot or the frogs legs. Escargot has just the right amount of garlic. The frogs legs taste like frog legs (or chicken) Next is the ribeye. Eating here once a week, I've had several a dozen cows worth. I think I've had two bad steaks in all that time. Don't order a strip and complain about it being tough. If you want tender, go for the ribeye. Know your steak or ask for advice. My wife enjoys fish; they do it well. don't go for fancy and have a sauce you don't like ruin a fish great piece of fish you do. Have it grilled and savor the wood smoke flavor. For dessert we go back to table side prep. We switch back and forth between bananas Foster and cherries jubilee. Both have the showmanship element with fire to inspire the kids. Speaking of kids, they don't have a kids menu, or if they do we haven't seen t. But the have a chicken piccata with pasta that should please picky eaters.

Visited April 2013
Malibu, California
“A True Italian Experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a restaurant that offers homemade, authentic Italian cuisine. The quality of the food is wonderful. The pasta is fresh, the lasagna which is to die for, is apparently, according to the owner, is a recipe handed down from his Italian mother who often still works at the restaurant. The staff is always pleasant and polite, and the service is always excellent. My family loves this restaurant. The calamari appetizer melts in your mouth. During my family's recent visit, one of my sons wanted a specific pasta dish which was not on the menu. The owner's response, "We will make it for you." I cannot say enough about this wonderful restaurant. It is my family's favorite in Malibu and worth trying if you are in Malibu and looking for an authentic Italian restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Wonderful food, feeling of Tahoe charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you have a chance to eat at the Sage room at Harvey's casino...make the reservation. You will feel charmed as soon as you step inside. The quaint bar is small but so full of ambiance and character. The food was superb, the lobster bisque is the best I have ever had. We went to celebrate my friends birthday, and stayed and talked for almost an hour after we finished our meal....meaning we had to order dessert. Try anything with chocolate in it. I know you will truly enjoy this wonderful Tahoe restaurant, that makes you feel like you took a step back in time to the old days...like 1980.

• Visited February 2013