“Great French Food at South Lake Tahoe” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reno, Nevada
“Great French Food at South Lake Tahoe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

For years I have avoided this restaurant based on its unappealing location in a very run down strip mall on the Grade. The interior lacks charm and is very dated. However, I don't want to sound like a cliche, but I have learned that you really shouldn't judge a restaurant by its cover either. Also you have to remember this is Tahoe, not Las Vegas.

The service was first rate and very professional. The wine menu is somewhat limited, and I would recommend bringing your own bottle of wine with a corkage fee of only $15.

Our meals were very good, and we now have a new (old) restaurant to eat at the next time we're in Tahoe.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore
“Haute Cuisine in Lake Tahoe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Our dinner plans got washed out by a sudden thunderstorm, so we opted to try Mirabelle.
Funky location in a little strip center, no bar, but a very pleasing dining room. My wife ordered escargot and veal osso bucco, I ordered sweetbreads and tenderloin of venison. The snails were werved in a garlicky sauce with puff pastry, the sweetbreads perfectly done on a bed of greens with diced apples. Both were superb. The enromous portionn of veal shank arrived braised in a heady sauce with julienne vegetables, the venison arrived medium rare in a subtle red currant sauce with vermicelli and vegetables. Both dishes could not have been prepared better. We declined desert (they specialize in soufles), so the waiter brought us complimentary scoops of peppermint sorbet! The wait staff was knowedgleable, cheerful, and attentive, the entire dinner with a lovely bottle of zinfindel was just over 100.00 for the two of us. This is the perfect place for a special occasion, but affordable enough to enjoy on a regular basis. Next time we go for the soufle...........

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice French change of pace”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Easy to locate off of Kingsbury Grade, classic french standards, nice change from all the sea food I consume while in Lake Tahoe. I would not say gourmet, but it is more upscale dining.

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Livermore, CA
“Our Favorite Restaurant at Tahoe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

My wife and I are frequent visitors to S lake Tahoe since I retired 7 years ago. Over the past couple of years we have concluded that the Mirabelle is our favorite restaurant at Tahoe and so, as usual, on our first night in town we made a reservation for 6pm Tuesday evening. We arrived on time and were cheerfully greeted by the hostess, seated, and promptly attended to by the wattress. My wife ordered the sauteed Prawns special. I ordered the butternut/roasted fennel soup, linguine with grilled chicken breast with a light, white sauce, and the carmalized, cinnamon, apple tarte for dessert with coffee from the Epicurean Menu. Every single morsel was absolutely devinely delicious! Our bill including tip was $70. If you truely appreciate fine food, you will want to dine at the Mirabelle!

• Visited February 2011
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great french food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I went to Mirabelle to expend my new years dinner. The service was great, the waiters are allways watching for giving you a better experience and never let you unnatended, the food is also awsome, very good relation cost-value, I ordered foie grass and duck breast, both were delicious!
The restaurant isnt too fancy in the decor, actually it lacks a little bit of it and the restrooms are too small for the kind of restaurant its supposed to be, but out of this two aspects, is a very recomendable restaurant.

• Visited December 2010