“Fantastic Summit Suites” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
saigon
“Fantastic Summit Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

Harrah was just plain great! My friend booked me for free for a stay in this hotel in a Summit Suite of some sort. It was fantastic. There were 2 bedrooms, and each of the beds were super plush with down feather pillows, even the extra bed was luxurious. They even gave us a sheepskin blanket for free for one of the elderly ones to sleep in.
It was all about the room, I stayed in a guest bedroom and it was great still, Kohler jacuzzi Tub with a TV on the Mirror! Super posh Bvlgari amenities, the scrub was from London. But the master bedroom had a Kingly jacuzzi that looks like a tub carved solely of marble, it has an integrated powder and has 2 TVs inside! Even though the concierge could be a bit more helpful (btw, the biscuits they send us was heavely with the ice bucket.) I don't know the price but I guess it's not cheap, however, the hotel seems underaccomodated as we stayed in the 17th floor and barely anyone but us was there(except the concierge)

Overall, this was fantastic for one night in Tahoe lake. It matches the class of Six senses even.

Stayed August 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

This is a dated Hotela nd reminds me of old Las Vegas. It is a hub of activity in downtown Tahoe. The Fat Burger is outstanding.....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Torrington, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Just realized that I've never written a review for Harrah's Tahoe. And I have stayed there more than any other hotel on the planet. So here's the low down. Every year we meet our cousins in Tahoe to ski for a week. Every year they try someplace new, and we check out where they stay. And the next year we book Harrah's again. Enough said.
Here's my tip: Go to the spa and negotiate a deal for the time you are there. I usually get three or four days for the seven we are there. Use that hot tub/steamroom etc.. instead of the public one.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
jersey shore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

We arrived on Friday the 22nd,with a group from New York after traveling for 12 hours we were happy to be upgraded to a suite on the 16th floor with butler service, which was fine,the suite was small but clean,we were told there was a continental breakfast which was muffins and juice and coffee and was only for Sat. and Sun. We asked for an extra blanket and were given a mattress cover , never did get a blanket. The hotel was fine on the weekend but come Monday it all changed, I would not come during the week again or in the fall, not much to do, it rained on Sat. and Sun. so missed all the weekend only things to do outside gaming , which was not a loose casino , You feel like you have No chance of winning here. The food court did not take food comps,the hard rock did not take comps, being in the casino you would think they would . Went to a show "The Hit Men All Stars " was a fun show,We also took a limo tour around lake ,which was nice, had lunch at a nice place on the lake called Garwoods , The Lobster Bisque was great.To end our trip we have to leave here at 4 am . The best part of the vacation was watching Glee . If I ever come back it would be in the peak summer season or peak ski season and only for the weekend.One more thing the plates at the buffet looked like the dishwasher was never turned on, All and all the food was not the best , buffet was overpriced, the steakhouse was fair nothing great , Cabo Wabo was not so great either, I asked for No beans on my plate and was given beans of course when I said I asked for no beans I was told I never said it . Oh well, most people were friendly except for the sports betting employees they were rude.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

My wife and I arrived on a comp stay & play from Phoenix for the weekend and were treated like royalty the whole time. I won't get into all the details, but the service, room, and facilites were equivalent we felt to a 5 star hotel and we have been to many. The room we had on the 14th Floor, specifically 1425 was a one bedroom Executive room with expansive windows overlooking both the lake and the Heavenly Ski Resort & Mountain. Our room was spotless, and as many have said before had his and her's bathrooms which for many of us guys out there is a blessing in discuise. Tv's to watch in each room, as well as a large 32" tv in the living/bedrooom area. The wireless internet worked flawlessly as well. The bed was a king and was very comfortable to come back to after a long day walking/gambling, etc. Both the Buffet and the Steakhouse on the 18th Floor were excellent. Even the 24hr riverview cafe downstairs at 3am in the morning was serving excellent food! Try the French Onion soup, it is incredible! All of the staff was friendly and accomidating. My wife and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Morton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

On a recent trip to California, my husband and I thought it would be fun to spend a night at a casino. We selected Harrah's because of the recognition of the corporate name. We were so pleasantly surprised. The excitement of the casino was obvious, but the quality of the hotel was so impressive. We were upgraded to a suite that included TWO bathrooms; one had a two-person jacuzzi and the other a walk-in shower. The view from both rooms looked out over BEAUTIFUL Lake Tahoe. The room was perfectly cleaned and smelled so fresh. The location of the hotel was perfect because we were in walking distance from great shopping and eating. If you're looking for comfort, special treatment, and FUN, spend a night or two at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I visited here in Feb. This visit was better because children were virtually absent. Our last visit was during ski season and many families were present.

The new pool is lovely. I was sorry to see that the hot tub wasn't upgraded.

The Forest Buffet had great views and food.

Our highlight was the salmon run at Taylor Creek. we saw a bear feasting on the fish!

We'll be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!