“Loved Lake Tahoe and Harrahs” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Highway 50, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Loved Lake Tahoe and Harrahs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2007

Stayed at Harrahs Jan. 19-23, 2007. Second time in Lake Tahoe and what a beautiful place to be. Enjoyed the entire stay. Harrahs and Harveys are owned by the same company and are connected by an underground tunnel, kinda cool. Quick review,

Check in- fast and courteous
Elevators- maybe the fastest and most efficient ever(not that you
were looking for an elevator review)
Room- Clean, nicely decorated and well kept during stay. Two
bathrooms in our room with TVs.
Casino- Poker room was in Harveys
Comedy Club(located at Harveys)- really enjoyed this also.
Restaurants- ate most meals outside hotel but buffet here
was OK

If you have the time/opportunity go to Zephyr Cove and go snowmobiling, we really has a great time doing this.

Really enjoyed stay, Tahoe and the weather.

• Liked — That it's in Lake Tahoe
  • Disliked — We really like everything. No negatives here
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Southern Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2007

We love staying here. It's walking distance to everything. Once we park our car we can leave it parked and enjoy all we want by walking or taxi. Good places to eat, nice staff and the rooms are great. We LOVE the players card so we can get discounts and offers all year long.
We stayed three times in 2006 and had a blast every time!

tricia and roger

• Liked — location,location, location
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2007

We were travelling back from Arizona to British Colunbia and needed to stop over. I called Harrah's in Reno to get a room.They said they were completely full but could find us a room in Lake Tahoe.

I reminded the reservations person that we travel with our dog He said that Harrah's in Lake Tahoe has a small kennel. We made the detour and arrived at the hotel in the mid afternoon. The place was in an up roar as it was full with the overflow from the events in Reno. Cars, trucks and motorcyles everywhere.

The minute I stopped in Valet lane we were greeted by a very competant and exceptionally helpful Harrah's employee. He offered to guide my wife to the wooded area just above the hotel so the dogs could go for a walk and called another fellow to help with our luggage.

While checking in I asked if I could extend our stay past the 2 nights i had asked for. The desk clerk said that they were totally full but he would check and contact me as soon as he knew. As it turned out he was not successful in finding us a room in Harrah's Lake Tahoe but offered us a room in Harrah's Reno if we wanted. He also had a list of other properties close by in Lake Tahoe that had rooms available as well in two nights time. We just don't see that kind of service and extra effort as often as we would like but to be honest it seems to be prevelant at all the Harrah's properties we have stayed at.

I followed the bell person up to one of the nicest rooms we have stayed in. That's when I remembered my poor wife and the dog! As i was rushing out to find her she appeared with the fellow that had helped with the dog walking chore. They were laughing and he gave me a card to be able to call him if we had anything we needed. It turns out he was a manager of a portion of the hotel and was just helping to greet guests!

All this was just a prelude to a most enjoyable stay. I would recommend a stay at Harrah's Lake Tahoe to anyone. The service is great, the staff friendly and the property well located.

Stayed August 2006
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2007

Even though I had checked all the reviews for this hotel on this site and expected a very nice hotel, we were still very pleasantly surprised and pleased on walking into our room. We immediately made ourselves at home in the comfy chairs in front of the bayed windows to have a drink and take in the view of the mountains and lake. The decor and lighting in the room is beautiful. We especially liked the light in back of the bed that backlit and highlighted the painting there. Loved the 2 bathrooms.....even took a bubblebath while watching Jay Leno one night. The bed was luxurious. I found the pillows to be very big and heavy, but that is a personal taste. Americaqn River Cafe was fine. Ate breakfast in the cafe at Harvey's and that was adequate, also. We really enjoyed the Pacifica Buffett at Harvey's. It was very pricey but the sheer number of great food choices was worth it. I ate it's worth in crablegs and cheesecake. Sat night both casinos were very busy, crowded, loud and fun. The location of Starbucks in the lobby was very convienent for a coffee and croissant run in the morning. We loved staying here and would return in a minute!

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Chico, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2006

We just returned from a two night stay at Harrah's. We have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 15 years, but will not stay again. The rooms themselves are spacious and the two bathrooms are a nice feature. However, our check in was not a good one. We did ask to upgrade and were willing to pay the difference, but there were no rooms available, so we took the room assigned to us, which unfortunately faced the wall of the parking garage. We are not big gamblers, so this might be why we got such a room with absolutely no view of the lake or mountains or even the parking lot. My husband went back to the check in desk and asked if we could please have a view with a partial view, but was treated very rudely by the clerk. So after many stays at this hotel we will not return nor will we refer it to anyone else.

• Liked — The spacious room.
  • Disliked — The check-in service
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
South Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2006

Used Total Rewards coupons vs. a travel agent IATA rate and was thrilled at the end of our stay when we checked out with a whopping bill of $37.20 for 4 nights during a long holiday weekend, which also included ski tickets for 2 days. We gambled mostly at Harveys so I guess the play there was looked at at checkout. The rooms at Harrahs are absolutey perfect for girls rooming together! My friend and I travel extensively and were so happy to have our own bathrooms! Beds were comfy and housekeeping was great. Another friend showed up from SF and got an executive room on a higher floor which was much nicer in decor than our basic room. Ate most meals at the Cafe which was not at all disappointing. Free parking was super and the walk to the Heavenly Gondola was quick even with ski gear. Fire and Ice is a super resturant near the Gondola - a must try for a special dinner. Friends at home sent me a birthday basket that Harrahs put together for them and sent to my room. Very nice job on the basket with a Coppola wine, Harrahs bottle opener, balloons, flowers, chocolates, crackers, and cheese. Overall, would not hesitate to stay at Harrah's again. Traveling again next month to LT but trying Harvey's on another great Total Rewards deal.

• Liked — Two Full Bathrooms!
  • Disliked — Always prefer a balcony but that is non existent at a casino hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — Join Total Rewards Club and charge everything you do to your room!
  • Stayed February 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2006

I love Harrahs Lake Tahoe. My husband and I have been staying here 2-4 times a year for the last 6 years. The hotel NEVER disappoints. Our last stay was in Sept 06.

The staff at the hotel is terrific – very helpful. I especially appreciate the housekeeping staff. They keep the rooms immaculate and they have always been very nice to me. Also, the concierge in the lobby is really knowledgeable. The shuttles to the various ski resorts pick up skiers right outside the lobby. I thought it was great that I didn’t have to drive.

I love the rooms are Harrahs Lake Tahoe. They are really big. There are 3 levels of rooms (not counting the suites) – luxury, premium, and executive. The difference between the luxury and premium rooms is the floor level. I prefer either of these rooms over the executive rooms. All of the rooms have two bathrooms. One of the bathrooms has a sit down makeup area and a bathtub. The other bathroom has a shower. Both bathrooms have telephones and televisions – talk about feeling pampered. I prefer the décor in the luxury and premium rooms because it is light and airy. I like lots of light and unobstructed views of the scenery. The executive rooms are very nice but have dark furnishings and wooden shutters that hamper the view of the mountains and lake. Also, luxury and premium rooms have big walk-in closets, which is nice to store all the luggage out of the way. The executive rooms have smaller closets because there is a refreshment center on the other side of the closet. The one thing I like better about the executive rooms is that they have a safe – which is a really nice amenity. We stay in rooms with king beds, and they are always very comfortable.

The atmosphere of the hotel and casino is sort of upscale rustic with lots of carved wood accents – kind of quiet and relaxed. We stayed one time at Harveys, but didn’t like it nearly as well as Harrahs. Harvey’s is more lively than Harrahs, and we like the quieter atmosphere. Harrahs casino is very nice and I feel more comfortable there than at most casinos.

The Forest Buffet is yummy with deserts to die for. The sushi is very good also. I love to eat the buffet because it is good and there is a great selection. Forest Buffet is on the top floor and the view is spectacular.

Fridays Station is phenomenal. It is a bit pricey, but worth every penny, and the service is impeccable. Our tradition is to eat at Fridays on our last night in Tahoe and we use up all of our accumulated points on our players card to defray some of the cost. The view at Fridays is just as nice as the view from the Forest Buffet. I prefer to eat around sunset so we can watch the go down.

The food court in the casino is okay – not bad, but not terrific. It’s basically fast food and it’s not really much cheaper than going to the buffet, or maybe an Applebee’s type restaurant. The shakes and the onion rings at Fat Burger are really good.

The American River Café is okay – not bad, but not terrific. The staff working there is really good.

Harrahs Lake Tahoe is hands down my favorite hotel, and I highly recommend it.

• Liked — EVERYTHING
  • Disliked — That I can't live there 24/7
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!