“Great Hotel in a Beautiful Location!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Highway 50, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Redding, California
“Great Hotel in a Beautiful Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Superb service and a beautiful room. We upgraded from the standard room to the executive room. The room was on the 14th floor with a great view of the mountains and lake. The room was wonderfully decorated and we really loved the fact that we had two bathrooms in the room. The service and staff were excellent. As well as great assistance and recommendations from the concierge. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Harrahs, and were happy we did ! The hotel rooms were spacious and clean. My husband and I normally travel to Vegas when we want to hit the casino's, but decided on Tahoe since neither of us had been in years, and so glad we did. The slots were much looser than they are in Vegas, by a BUNCH ! My husband hit the 1000.00 on the slots, and I won about 500.00 on them. We ate at the restaraunt on the top floor of Harrahs, and it was wonderful food, and a view of the lake while eating, was a big plus. We went to the Improv at Harvey's, and we both laughed so hard, we were in tears...We had a great trip, and plan on going back !

Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Booked an executive room for $149/nt. 14th floor. Great view (ask for California side of Hotel). Two Bathrooms in room (GF loved that), old Zenith TV, but hey, who watches TV in Lake Tahoe? Room was Roomy and Comfortable. Nice Buffet on site ,not up to the best of Vegas, but the best in Lake Tahoe. Casino was OK. You have to go next door to Harveys to play Poker. A lot to do with in walking distance from Hotel. I would consider staying there again.

Colleyville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

Harrah's is a rather old hotel but the rooms are large. There are 2 bathrooms in each room which is nice. Free self parking and room rates are really low. We didn't have any view but we paid the lowest possible rate. We went showshoeing in the mountains and Harrah's was a nice, central location. The casino has an underground tunnel to Harvey's which is under common ownership. We would definitely stay there again if we could get the same price.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Really impressed with Harrahs. We booked a standard room through Virgin Holidays. The view to the right was of the lake and the view to the left was the Heavenly mountain. Room was big and we loved having the his and hers bathrooms.

The pool was nice to have and it was fun to relax in the jacuzzi at the end of the day and talk to other guests about their day skiing.

The Forest Buffet was very good value during the week but not, in my opinion, worth the extra $10 at the weekend. The casino got very busy at the weekend with a younger crowd (I'm guessing because of the nightclub) and non skiers but during the week it was fine although I did find it smelt quite badly of smoke and it's not something that generally bothers me.

Distance to Heavenley Gondola was perfect, only a 5 minute walk. All other resorts around the lake were easy to get to by car and we tried Northstar (my favourite), Squaw and Sierra.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
birmingham AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

We stayed here Presidents Week and liked the location near the Heavenly gondola for skiing. I found the rooms adequate. I especially liked the bathroom chair in the bathroom. ..I usually have to drag a chair in from the bedroom. I thought the spa was nice and the treatments pretty reasonable. The food at the 24 hr. restaurant was pretty good. (especially the Chinese options).The kid`s enjoyed the kid`s breakfast menu. My only problem was the musty odor caused by the waterfalls. Friday Station was an attractive restaurant with pleasant service but I found the sauces to be a bit greasy.
There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance.
I

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

I had a great stay at Harrah's Lake Tahoe. We were in town for a ski trip at nearby Heavenly resort. The location was perfect as the Heavenly gondala was 3 blocks away. The prices at the onsite restaurants where high as expected but there are several affordable food establishments nearby. Harrah's is also on the Reno Airport shuttle route (South Lake Tahoe Express). From the outside the building does appear dated. I thought the floorplan of the casino was narrow and had lower ceilings than I was used to. The casino floor of MontBleau was by far the best of the 4 major casino's nearby. Our room was much larger than expected for a standard double double. We had seperate his and her bathrooms, a walk in closet, 2 queen beds, and a small couch w/ chase. The bathrooms each contained small TV's dating back to 80's but worked great. I would definately return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!