“Great Hotel, somewhat dated” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Highway 50, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great Hotel, somewhat dated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Booked an executive room for $149/nt. 14th floor. Great view (ask for California side of Hotel). Two Bathrooms in room (GF loved that), old Zenith TV, but hey, who watches TV in Lake Tahoe? Room was Roomy and Comfortable. Nice Buffet on site ,not up to the best of Vegas, but the best in Lake Tahoe. Casino was OK. You have to go next door to Harveys to play Poker. A lot to do with in walking distance from Hotel. I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Colleyville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

Harrah's is a rather old hotel but the rooms are large. There are 2 bathrooms in each room which is nice. Free self parking and room rates are really low. We didn't have any view but we paid the lowest possible rate. We went showshoeing in the mountains and Harrah's was a nice, central location. The casino has an underground tunnel to Harvey's which is under common ownership. We would definitely stay there again if we could get the same price.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Really impressed with Harrahs. We booked a standard room through Virgin Holidays. The view to the right was of the lake and the view to the left was the Heavenly mountain. Room was big and we loved having the his and hers bathrooms.

The pool was nice to have and it was fun to relax in the jacuzzi at the end of the day and talk to other guests about their day skiing.

The Forest Buffet was very good value during the week but not, in my opinion, worth the extra $10 at the weekend. The casino got very busy at the weekend with a younger crowd (I'm guessing because of the nightclub) and non skiers but during the week it was fine although I did find it smelt quite badly of smoke and it's not something that generally bothers me.

Distance to Heavenley Gondola was perfect, only a 5 minute walk. All other resorts around the lake were easy to get to by car and we tried Northstar (my favourite), Squaw and Sierra.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
birmingham AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

We stayed here Presidents Week and liked the location near the Heavenly gondola for skiing. I found the rooms adequate. I especially liked the bathroom chair in the bathroom. ..I usually have to drag a chair in from the bedroom. I thought the spa was nice and the treatments pretty reasonable. The food at the 24 hr. restaurant was pretty good. (especially the Chinese options).The kid`s enjoyed the kid`s breakfast menu. My only problem was the musty odor caused by the waterfalls. Friday Station was an attractive restaurant with pleasant service but I found the sauces to be a bit greasy.
There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance.
I

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

I had a great stay at Harrah's Lake Tahoe. We were in town for a ski trip at nearby Heavenly resort. The location was perfect as the Heavenly gondala was 3 blocks away. The prices at the onsite restaurants where high as expected but there are several affordable food establishments nearby. Harrah's is also on the Reno Airport shuttle route (South Lake Tahoe Express). From the outside the building does appear dated. I thought the floorplan of the casino was narrow and had lower ceilings than I was used to. The casino floor of MontBleau was by far the best of the 4 major casino's nearby. Our room was much larger than expected for a standard double double. We had seperate his and her bathrooms, a walk in closet, 2 queen beds, and a small couch w/ chase. The bathrooms each contained small TV's dating back to 80's but worked great. I would definately return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
DRYTOWN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

Ate breakfast at American River Cafe.

I ordered the Harold's bisquit and gravy. I expected an wonderful old fashion meal, but was disappointed. The biscuits were very small and there was little seasoning in the gravy. And barely any sausage.

My husband ordered the "Captain Crunch French Toast (Diner, Drive in and Dives). We both expected that it meant they created the recipe and that the TV show filmed there. We felt that this was false advertising. It did taste good, but more Crunch would have been good.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

We booked a "luxury" room through Expedia - $89/night plus $8 in taxes/fees for a Wednesday and Thursday night during the extremely busy Presidents' Week. The room was clean and nicely furnished with great views of the mountains and the Lake. I think the reason it was classified as "luxury" was that it had TWO full bathrooms (one with a tub, one with a shower stall). No idea why anyone would need a room with one bed, but two bathrooms, but it was fun nonetheless. Both bathrooms were very clean and nicely appointed. They also both had little tvs. Again, completely unnecessary, but fun to watch the winter Olympics while you shower! The main tv in the room (non-flat screen) worked well and had lots of channels. The bedding was nice although the mattress had probably seen better days. Also, we didn't use them, but we could see from our room that the indoor pool and hot tub were open. All in all, definitely a good stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!