“Harrahs Lake Tahoe Is The Best!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Highway 50, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, IL
“Harrahs Lake Tahoe Is The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Arrived on my birthday August 6th and was treated to outstanding accomodations. The room I was given was absolutely awesome with views of the beautiful mountains and Lake Tahoe from two directions. The room had all the amenities I could want for and I was treated very well by every employee I encountered. Overall I was very impressed with Harrahs Lake Tahoe and I will definitely return in the future! I highly recommend this property to anyone looking for an outstanding Tahoe experience.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
CUDAHY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

Stayed 3 days, comped by hubby's Tier Score/ Total Rewards

We always stayed at Harrah's sister property in Stateline, "Harveys" due to taking charter packages that dictated we stay there. This time we went to Tahoe on our own and picked Harrah's. Stayed in the "executive room". The description of this room on Harrah's web site IS ACCURATE. Sectional Sofa, Armchair and Fridge with a wrap around desk were NICE! View from Our room on15th floor was a masterpiece.

The 2 bathrooms with TV's were great. I loved having my own bathroom! ... and while putting on make up while getting ready to go out, I was able to catch up on the News on TV! One bathroom had soap, shampoo and conditioner dispenser built right in.

I liked the fact that the fridge, drawers and room safe is hidden in cabinets. Some of the furnishings were a bit worn but the room is tastefully done.

My biggest compliment goes to Jorge, the housekeeping attendant on our floor. I was coming back from shopping and put my bags on the floor to open my room. Jorge picked up my bags and carried them into the room for me (and he was just walking down the hallway, not cleaning my room at the time). Special touches such as these really can make your stay special.

Note to Total Rewards Point users: Anything you charge to your room at the concierge will not be covered by your Total rewards points so beware.

Note to those renting a car. The Hertz desk at Harrah's is CLOSED. You need to go across to Harvey's to get your car even if you rent from this location via the Hertz Website.

Tahoe Star: Bill Harrah's yacht. They do not give drink tickets any more. You just get your drinks for FREE. They don't count how many.

Blue Go Shuttle Bus does not go casino to casino any more. This was financed by the City and they dropped it due to bad economy.

California Bar ---- Bartenders were great.

Room Service for breakfast: Eggs were a little cold.
Cabo Wabo Cantina not always open.
Improv Show was pretty good. Band at Hard Rock was really good. I think they were called Cool Black Kettle.

Pool was closed the day I wanted to use it, they were replacing Hot tub but it looked nice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Glastonbury, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

This hotel was a gem. The rooms were really large, with a separate sitting area. I was really pleased with the his and hers bathrooms (which included a small tv in each one). The location was conveniently within walking distance of the Heavenly Gondola, and a short drive to the boat rides on Lake Tahoe. This hotel was also family friendly, despite the casino, with a large arcade on the bottom floor and a small indoor pool. I would stay here again.

Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

I have found that Harrahs everywhere are about Holiday Inn quality - no extras but clean and functional. The casino has a good number of table games and slots and is connected by an underground walkway to Harvey's, which is a little bigger. For $5, you can get a beach pass for your group for your whole stay. The beach is very nice, and the views of the lake and mountains are incredible. Harrahs is in a great location to make day trips to the nearby sites.
The tvs in the bathrooms (think about a portable tv from 1980) are useless and should be removed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

I traveled to Harrah's with my mother for a birthday trip. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Harrah's Lake Tahoe. While the hotel isn't a 5-star hotel, the comfort and cleanliness more than make up for any deficiencies (of whichwhich weren't really any). Check-in went smoothly, and our request to be on a high floor was granted - the view of the lake/mountains was excellent. The room was very clean, with comfortable beds, a large couch area, flat screen tv, and two bathrooms with small tv/radios in each one.

Though we aren't big gamblers, the casino looked fine, and we even won $40 from the $1 we put into a slot machine. It was great that the hotel didn't smell like smoke. There are also various shops surrounding the lobby for those who enjoy shopping, and it's a short walk to the Heavenly Village and Gondola where there are more shops and restaurants. Concierge was very helpful in making reservations at restaurants for us, and the room service/food we ate in the hotel was very tasty. The swimming pool area is also nice, and has a hot tub.

I would definitely go back to Harrah's Lake Tahoe!

Carson City NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

We arrived at Harrah's earlier then expected and were able to check in early which was convenient since we had our two young children with us. Not only was the service great but the SPA SUITE was extravagant. We had a water view and mountain view. Our children LOVED this room it was homey yet elegant . The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The location was impeccable in the since that we had things to do close by as a family. We are know going to be regulars here at this hotel. I highly recommend Harrah's Tahoe as the place to stay...and play.
Baylee

Morrisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

The bell staff was helpful, in fact all the hotel employees were helpful. I went up for a few days of gambling and scenery, and Harrah's treated me well. If you use the Harrah's Rewards card, you can use what you earn to pay for your meals or charges to your room. Works for me! My room was huge, with refined furniture and a big screen tv. I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe
Marriott Grand Residence Club Ta...
#8 of 70 in South Lake Tahoe
Harveys Lake Tahoe
Harveys Lake Tahoe
#3 of 8 in Stateline
4.0 of 5 stars 1,502 reviews

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!