My wife and I decided on an October vactaion to Tahoe/Reno area and we usually like the Harrah's hotels. If you fly into Reno, there is not many options for transportaion. Rent a car, but it can be expensive..but worth it. Harvey's was great and all the staff were very friendly. October weather in the mountains can be tricky and it snowed first day we were there. Be very careful on the roads at 7000 ft. On the day it snowed, we just walked around the town of South Tahoe. Great tourist town! Harvey's sits on the Nevada/California border & the California side has more shop and things to do if Gambling isn't your thing. The second day (October 10,2008) it was great weather and drove up Highway 89 around Tahoe. The drive is beautiful! Also, there were many good places to eat. We really liked the Driftwood Cafe near Heavenly Resort ( 2 blocks west of Harvey's). Also, on one of our pretty days, we drove to Virginia City, NV. That was fun too.
We hope to return next year and will stay at Harvey's again. BTW..the gambling there was fun too!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Harrah's Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrah`s Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Harrahs Lake Tahoe Stateline
- Harrahs Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Harrahs Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Harrah's Lake Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV