“Harrah's Lake Tahoe - Great Destination” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Highway 50, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
“Harrah's Lake Tahoe - Great Destination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We spent 4 nights at Harrak's Lake Tahoe last week and as always, truly enjoyed the room and staff. Upon arriving, the valets are fast and friendly, the bell desk is right there to assist with bags, the check-in is easy and the rooms are large and clean and what can you say about 2 bathrooms?! Great idea by Bill Harrah years ago to get you and the wife out of the room and down in the casino.. but also very nice to have this setup regardless if you are playing at the tables or not.

Truly enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Ask the check-in staff if any upgrades or Lake views are avilable.. they will always accomodate base...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

648 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Even though we went through VIP (we gamble a lot), I was still impressed with the service here. Our early arrival made for 1 (of 3) room still being cleaned. Mine, of course. Check-in gave me options - I chose 'text/call me when it's ready". They did and all was well. The room itself was OK.
Before starting our gaming, we checked to see if our credit lines were in place (minor issue here - they could have emailed to say "done"). The clerk (I failed to catch her name though she remembered mine and said "hi" to me the next day when she saw me in the casino) explained what was missing (just signature on paperwork) and what to do. At the cage, another explanation paired with quick and accurate service. The credit manager (Mike) suggested some dinner options while we waited - nice.
I actually like hearing the explanations. It makes me confident that the final resolution is near.
I even got an explanation from Floor Coverage when I (finally) got a hand-pay. He was quick to arrive and talked about the frequency of payouts on that bank of slots.
My final TITO was large enough (I still lost) that I went to the cage rather than the cash machine. He was nice enough to ask how I'd like the payout broken down.
Overall, pretty much every worker with whom I had contact made me feel that he/she was looking out for me. Very impressive !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Having driven up from Southern California, we were more than ready to settle in when we finally arrived at Harrah's. After reading numerous TripAdvisor reviews, we had chosen Harrah's over Harvey's (where we had previously stayed) and I think it was a good choice. Plenty of available parking, both in open lots and the garage (or valet if you prefer). Diamond check-in was quick, and we were given a lovely room on the 14th floor overlooking Lake Tahoe (and the Heavenly ski lift out the other window). The room had a lovely bank of windows --- although I can never quite figure out why all of the seating areas never take advantage of the view!! We ended up turning the two-piece couch around so that we could view the lake while sipping our morning coffee.

The room has two bathrooms, which is a nice change for a hotel. One with a sink, toilet and shower, and the other with sink, toilet and tub/shower combo. Makes getting ready in the morning much easier!

There was a small refrigerator in the room, and also a "don't touch!!" mini-bar. The coffee maker in the room is one of the small ones that uses throw-away mini (individual) baskets and coffee pouches with two provided each morning, so you're good for 2 cups of coffee ... unless you like weak coffee and want to re-use one of the packets! A regular coffee pot would be much better, I think, although they claim this type is more sanitary. Hard to believe that, since they give you ceramic cups ... and the first one I picked up had lipstick on it!!

Overall, the room was spacious and comfortable, although I wouldn't give it 100% on the cleanliness or maintenance scale. Aside from the lipsticked coffee cup, a couple of light bulbs were burned out, and one of the toilets kept running after you flushed it, so we had to keep taking the tank lid off and untangling the chain. Nothing that was a deal-breaker, but not stellar, either.

We never ate there, so I can't comment on the restaurants (although the sports bar at Harvey's was fantastic!!). As a Diamond player, the check-in facility was great, the Diamond Lounge was one of the nicer ones that I've been to, and the turn-down service at night (chocolates on the pillows ... yum!) was quite nice.

The hotel is beginning to show some age, but is still a nice facility. The underground tunnel between Harrah's and Harvey's makes it convenient to pop back and forth between the two facilities.

Room Tip: Go for an odd numbered room on a high floor. This will give you a nice view of the lake and you'...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

In our previous trips to Lake Tahoe we only visited the buffet at the Harrahs, and since we loved it, this time we decided to also stay at the hotel to check it, and we were so happy with our decision! From our nice and spacious room we could enjoy the view of the Gondola at one side and the Lake Tahoe to the other, and with a beautiful full moon, it was a breathtaking sight at night!
One of the best part of Harrah's hotels is the fact of double bathrooms in each room, this is a convenience and a very pleasant extra for families.
Our only issue was that you have to take the elevator to the Casino floor to go to the pool, and that the water was too COLD! However, it is a nice indoor pool!
Overall we loved our stayed at the Harrahs and we will choose it again for our next trip!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The room was very spacious and quiet. It had a great view too. I really liked having two bathrooms. The buffet at the too was good! I enjoyed having the Hard Rock Cafe channel in my room. I briefly lost power in my room, but it did not last more than five minutes. Overall it was a good stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay on the eight floor which is the suites floor. Room was well stocked and very comfortable. The layout was nice with the two bathes and refrig in the living room in addition to the fully stocked bar. Would not hesitate to do this one again.

Room Tip: Cannot speak for all the rooms in the house. But if you have a little extra to spend and want a memo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I would Definately come back to this hotel in the future. I couldn't believe my room had 2 bathrooms with power flushing toilets. But the shower head in the walk in shower needs to be in the center not off to the left where it is now. If you use this shower and your tall, it may be difficult to use. Even though its adjustable. Food is great at this property too. Beds are very comfortable. Price could go down on the soda vending machines. $3 is to much in my book. You pay less in the gift shop.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!