I have stayed at this property and it's sister property Harvey's across the street. If it is a non-weekend night you can usually get a room pretty reasonable. I paid $50 a night for a Sunday night, Monday night stay. My room was on the 7th floor with partial views of the lake.
In March both hotels instituted a $20 a day resort fee. There is also tax on this fee so it comes out to $22.60 a day. While I fully understand some hotels tack on fees of this sort at least you get your money's worth in some cases. Here is a breakdown of what you get for $22.60 a day.
1. Use of internet (free in so many places). It used to be $10.95 here, now part of the resort fee. However, it is slow, though you can upgrade for an additional fee.
2. Use of their fitness rooms. Harvey's used to be $10., Harrah's I don't believe there ever was a charge. Harrah's fitness room is a joke, the machines old and in poor shape especially the elipticals. Harvey's room is much nicer, albeit, a long walk from Harrah's. I used Harvey's three times in two days. The same three people were the only ones working out and the sign in sheet indicated each day that only a few people used the gym.
3. Use of the swimming pool. Really! Even Motel 6 lets you use the pool for free.
4. Local phone calls. In the day of cell phones, does anyone really use the room phone anymore.
On the plus side, my room was large with two bathrooms. The television was HD and the bed very comfortable. There is a mini-bar in the room and the prices are very reasonable, i.e. $1.99 for cookies or candy or soda. However, there is a Keurig coffee maker in the room and one packet of coffee was $4.99. Also, if you move anything in the minibar they charge you. If you want the mini bar items removed they will do so for $20. Oh wait, another fee!
I plan to write Harrah's management a note about the resort fee. Maybe if enough people do it they will get the message.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Harrah's Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrah`s Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Harrahs Lake Tahoe Stateline
- Harrahs Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Harrahs Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Harrah's Lake Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV