All novice travelers to South Lake Tahoe probably wonder if they should stay at Harrah's or Harvey's or one of the other hotel casinos to gamble and recuperate after gambling all day. We have been going to South Lake Tahoe for many years now, and definitely prefer Harrah's over all the rest, even though Harvey's has better views of the lake.
The room/suites are very large and come in three varieties, mostly based on how high the room is, but also on the amenities provided. We prefer the Executive Suites because we get coffee automatically, as well as a fridge, which we never really use, and great views, but last month we were relegated to a Superior suite, I had to ask for a coffee maker, which was never serviced, and there was no fridge, but the furniture surprisingly made the room feel larger without the massive couch lining the windows in the Executive Suites and the wooden blinds which can be semi-oppressive. So we were not all that disappointed.
The Luxury Suites are on the lower floors, and it is my understanding that the views can be less than optimal, although I have never seen them.
By all means, wherever you stay, ask for a California view---much preferrable. But the his and her baths are what make all these rooms into "suites," and have always sold us on Harrah's.
We divide our gambling between Harrah's and Harvey's with the convenient underground tunnel back and forth.
What really separates Tahoe from the rest of Nevada is the attitude of the staff, both in the hotel and the casino----so much more laid back and friendly.
By all means, visit South Lake Tahoe.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Harrah's Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrah`s Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Harrahs Lake Tahoe Stateline
- Harrahs Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Harrahs Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Harrah's Lake Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV