Ok there's been an aura of disappointment and complaining about this hotel in many past reviews. In my opinion much of this had to do with some folks going "cheap" and not being satisfied with the results. First, if you are going to stay here (and there are many reasons to) get an Executive room. They are large and well-maintained (with the 2 bathrooms which is the Harrah's trademark). They all come with a coffee maker (and excellent coffee) and complimentary bottled water daily. So those complaints are solved by upgrading your room selection.
Second, the complaints about poor and/or unfriendly service was simply not present during our recent 3 day stay. In fact just the opposite. Every staff person encountered, and I do mean every, took the initiative to greet us in a very friendly and pleasant manner. Our maid was very accommodating in supplying extra coffee and bathroom supplies as requested. The room was serviced in a timely and efficient manner daily.
The front desk was also friendly and efficient. I will state that this was an off-season time so things were not so rushed or crowded as when other travelers have visited. We ate one night at the topfloor buffet and it was certainly adequate for the $20 per person cost. Nothing of gourmet quality but nothing that was junk either. Standard American comfort foods in a large selection of choices--typical Nevada casino buffet stuff. Location is great for many reasons. One is the abundance of restaurants, shops and casinos all within easy walking distance. I was not charged the resort fee because "your booking was made prior to its imposition". I did pay $10.95 for 24 hour internet. That was included in the $20 resort fee for future reference. So finally has this hotel seen better days? Probably. Is it shabby? Definitely not. Is the casino smokey? Naturally. Are the rest of the public areas smokey? No. I paid $101 per day for my Executive room. Was that a bargain? More than a bargain, it was a steal.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Harrah's Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrah`s Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Harrahs Lake Tahoe Stateline
- Harrahs Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Harrahs Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Harrah's Lake Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV