“Executive Room 15th floor Lake View side” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Highway 50, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Redlands, California
“Executive Room 15th floor Lake View side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2008

I stayed 2 nights comped in an Executive Room, 15th floor, room number 15036. The room is spacious with many higher end appointments like a mini bar, 32" TV, TVs and phones in each bathroom. The bedding and pillows are comfy but not overwhelmingly so. The carpet was hard, designed for high wear I suppose. The wooden shudders can be pushed back out of the way so you can enjoy the view out of the 2 large windows. The sofa is nice to lounge on and has 5 or 6 pillows. The even numbered rooms are lake view.

There are 2 separate bathrooms. One has a shower along with sink, vanity, toilet, TV and phone. The other has a tub/shower combo along with a sink, vanity, vanity stool, toilet, TV and phone. There is a large closet with a hair dryer and plenty of hangers.

I liked this room but still prefer the premium rooms across the street at Harvey's. They are simply more comfortable in my opinion. I stayed in one last year at Harvey's for 4 nights.

The food prices are high here at Harrah's but there are plenty of choices. The cheapest is Fatburger. A combo Fat Deal ran me $13.20; Fatburger, fries and a shake instead of a soda. Room service is higher than expected too. A club sandwich and tostada salad was $36.38 total. The dinner buffet is $18.99. Everything is 50%-100% more than usual, about the same as center strip Vegas. I had breakfast one morning at The Log Cabin north shore. A breakfast burrito, coffee and juice ran just under $20...ouch!! Bring extra green for your food budget. There is a nice market "Dart" as you enter town from the north on the right hand side. they have everything you need to stock your room yourself and save some money.

(Helpful Hint: If you are flying into Reno and need to rent a car, check with Advantage online or at the counter in the baggage claim area. I had reserved a Dodge Avenger for $11.70 a day online. They gave me an Escalade for $25 more a day and the option of a full tank or 1/2 tank for $3.00 a gal. Gas was $3.79 when I was there).

• Liked — Excellent staff and service
  • Disliked — HIGH food prices
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

Harrah's Lake Tahoe and Embassy Suites are both in the running for best hotel in Lake Tahoe. The advantage to Harrah's is they offer gambling and more restaurant choices. The advantage to Embassy Suites is it's nonsmoking and quieter, plus they offer breakfast and a cocktail reception.

The lake views from the Harrah's rooms are amazing. The rooms are large 550 sq. ft. All the rooms have two bathrooms with a mini television in each. One bathroom has a tub/shower combo and the other a glass-enclosed shower. All rooms have a minibar and couch. The pool is heated and indoor which is nice in the winter. The rooms are immaculate. No smell of cigarette smoke like in Harvey's. A small workout room is available as well as arcade. Many restaurant choices, but most are fairly pricey. There is a small food court with pizza, Chinese food and Fatburger for a quick meal. I usually eat at the Four Seasons at Horizon, across the street. Room service is great. Food portions are huge and always taste fabulous. Starbucks is available in the hotel lobby.
There are many adequate hotels/motels in Lake Tahoe, but for a special occasion Harrahs is a good choice.

• Liked — two bathrooms
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Stockton, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Harrah's Lake Tahoe for a couple of nights last week for a little get away. We stayed in an executive room and really liked it. It was nice size with a long couch, his and her bathrooms, 32" TV, fridge, and safe. Nice view too. It suited us just fine. All the staff we had contact with were great from the front desk to the casino waitresses. We will stay there from now on when we go to a Stateline hotel/casino. We liked is much better than the Mont Bleu.

Stayed April 2008
Seattle, Wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

We just returned from a 3-night stay at Harrahs Tahoe. We were very impressed with the quality of the hotel. It is in a whole different class than Reno or Vegas Harrahs. We were on the 14th floor and our room was beautiful. It was also very quiet, we never heard a peep from next door or even from the hallway. The view was breathtaking. Their 'total rewards' program is great, this stay was a whopping $1.26. No kidding, that was the total of our room charges for 3 nights with all the comps and points from using the players card... and I mostly play penny machines! The casino workers are very friendly and helpful. We found a wonderful restaurant down the street about 1/2 mile called The Riva Grille. It's right on the water and has fantastic food and cocktails if you want to splurge a bit. The only restaurant at Harrahs we made it to was the breakfast buffet. The made-to-order omelette was very good. We did frequent Starbucks in the lobby every morning and were so thankful it was there!
Harrahs is definitely the pick of the litter in Tahoe.

• Liked — Beautiful rooms and great casino
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights for skiing in Heavenly. The hotel itself was ok - conference hotel type rooms but good sized (had an executive king) and clean. The casino was ok - I haven't been to other casino hotels so can't compare. It's not glitzy in any way but it was friendly and with good service. The hotel is around five minutes walk from the Heavenly gondola which was fine for skiing. The two Marriot residences are right next to the gondola and the Embassy Suites are in between. Our biggest problem was finding somewhere decent for dinner. Except the odd cafe and fire & ice bar next to the gondola, there doesn't really seem to be an obvious resort centre. We visited Cafe Fiore, Nephele and Scusa. The first two were more upmarket, but we found the prices ambitious for what was on offer (around $35 for a main course). Scusa was your average pasta place. Liked the breakfast at Driftwood Cafe. The skiing in Heavenly was great for the sunshine, beautiful views and (it being mid-week late season) the relatively empty slopes. But compared to European resorts, the slopes are limited (mostly rolling blues/greens with the odd red) and are very short - so thank goodness for the short queues at the chair lifts. We didn't have the time to visit the other Tahoe resorts though.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

I had made reservations online a month in advance and upon my arrival, learned there were no more rooms available that I had requested. I requested a non-smoking room with a King bed and a view. I got a 2 queen, non-smoking room with a view of the parking lot! Not to mention the very uncomfortable bed. I was told there was a "Golfing Convention" and that was why the hotel was so booked. This was my birthday weekend away from the kids and other everyday distractions. The management was very unaccommodating and I was only given a "there's nothing we are willing to do" attitude. I have stayed at Harvey's Lake Tahoe for several years and the staff is wonderful! I regret not choosing them again. I could have spent my money at any one of the vacant hotels on the strip, but I was locked into the room due to the 72 hour cancellation notice. I would have liked to have been compensated somehow for the 3hr drive, dashed expectations and loss of sleep! The online reservation system is another issue completely. If there are only 10 rooms of a certain description and 10 people have reserved it, no one else should be able to request that room. I will not be giving Harrah's my business again, nor will they be recommended by me.

• Liked — 2 bathrooms
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

We just got back from Harra's Lake Tahoe. People, it is WONDERFUL! The buffet, and along with The Station on the 18th had the best food. Now for those of you who have gone to Harrah's in Vegas, this casino is not at all the size. Actually, it's smaller than I had expected it to be, but lots of fun and wonderful people. Please be aware that to get to Harrah's, there is a very steep mountain you must ride up. Remember, you are going 10,000 feet up. It's a thrill ride is all I can say. It takes 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to Harrah's. Most of that time in going up the side of that mountain.

Spa Reflections is a MUST! Save your money and be ready to be pampered from head to toe. I had the Stone Therapy Massage, and my daughter had the aromatherapy massage. Both were awesome. If you have never tried the stone massage, you must try it once!

The rooms were great. You have 2 bathrooms in each room. Awesome! Now if you are interested in watching TV at all, you might want to find something else to do. The channel selection is very limited. Oh heck, why watch TV when there are slot machines just downstairs!

The Gondola to the ski resort and peak of the mountain is only a short walk from Herrah's. They open the ride up at 9 so be there early and be ready for the most beautiful ride of your life.

In all, the place was great and we will go back again. I think I'll make sure it's snowing when I go again though! It snowed the day we were leaving.

Have fun if you're going and please post your experiences when you get back.

Ann
Birmingham Alabama (yep, we were a LONG way from home!)

• Liked — two bathrooms in each room! Now that you do not see in every hotel.
  • Disliked — The temperature could never be controlled correctly.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!