“Excellent rooms” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Reno
“Excellent rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I've stayed here twice and been impressed with the rooms both times. They are older, but large, well-maintained, and well appointed. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. The service this stay was very good. The hotel is within walking distance of good places to eat and a short drive to great places to eat. This is a solid choice in South Lake

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

658 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

Executive room nice. View awesome. The reason we booked this room. Dealers had personality and all staff friendly except casino hosts. Restaurant good. Harrahs gaming comps are some of the worst I have seen in recent years.
If you are looking for value with your gaming dollars... don't expect to be pleased with Harrahs. I would not play here again.

Room Tip: spend a few extra bucks and upgrade the room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We usually stay at one of the casinos when we visit south lake Tahoe for convience & value. harrah's is the best of the lot. Very nice rooms, most w/ lake view... even had his & hers baths. The top floor restaraunt was very good but pricey. We've stayed at the others but this is the pick.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
North Haven Ct.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We flew into Reno June 5th and took the shuttle to Lake Tahoe. Checked out June 10th. Harahs is kind of plain looking but very functional. Checkin at 430PM was smooth no waiting. The room was deluxe 2 bathrooms, nice appearance. Unlike other casinos which have paper thin walls the room was very quiet. Casino was standard with all the favorite games. The lake was the attraction. Lake Tahoe tours has everything covered as we went on the dinner/dancing cruise, the photography tour: professional drives you around and takes all the pictures, a day trip to Frisco and a wine trip to Calif. The buffet which is on the 18th floor with great views was about 19 bucks, food was very good. The coffee shop is ok. Casino has a walkthru tunnel to Harveys, Waboo cantina in Harveys is very good. Overall I would recommend this casino.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Went up to South Shore on June 4th for an overnight stay at Harrah's. As always we had a wonderful time. From the cleanliness of the room, the service of the staff, the table games and the party at Vex, this is always a great time.

Any time you plan a trip up to the South Shore area, never hesitate to stay at Harrah's as you will have a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Diamond level status is a must.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

when we checked in we were told there is a $50 hold on the room .didnt explain why .it was a long 5 hr drive so i didnt care just give us the key .The suite was on the14th floor had a nice view of the lake n the snow from the mountain. I was shocked that the carpet was dirty n a dental floss on the floor by the bed. that shows us it was never vacuum before we got there.I was washing my hair n there was hardly any shampoo n no conditioner.I wouldnt complain about this but when we spent alot of our hard earned money on this hotel n u expect the best.it took a week for them to clear that $50.hold. I keep calling to find out what happen.i call the front desk they told me it takes 5-7 days to clear like a out of state check.I call back the next day they put me thru to the billing i had to leave a messageon the voice mail so i call back again n i talked to a manager he told me the same thing 5 days .he said he will send me a picture of the sign that says $50 hold so i ask him what if i gave them a $50 in cash r they going to hold it for 5 days n where does it say 5-7 days to clear.It makes me very mad so i call back this time they put me thru to someone that said she is the supervisor i asked her what was the $50 for her she said for ins purpose like if u trash the room or break something n she told me they should have cleared it when we check out.it took her half hr to do it .i think that if the guests want the frig stocked they should pay for it at check in .I felt like kids that they have to check if u drink a 50cent soda that they charge u $2.for it.My husband loved the room because of the view.I might just be happy with a motel 6 n still have money to gamble n i would know what to expect from that hotel in which i never had problem with them.

Room Tip: we had room 1427 or 1421 best view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Lynden, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We pulled into Tahoe around 11 so we went to get some lunch at Harrah's. There is a small sandwich bar so I ordered a sandwich and asked for water. The waitress told me I would have to pay for a bottle of water and she put a half size plastic bottle on the counter with Harrah's Logo on it. I had just seen water being handed out for free in the gaming area so told her she must be kidding. She said no, she understands but management told her she has to charge. I said thats fine, ordered just the sandwich and then left to walk across the street. On the way the cocktail waitress handed me a bottle of water as I walked past. Hmmmmm... ok... I left and played at all the other casinos. Bad move Harrah you may own the others but at least they treated the patrons better.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!