“Not Kid Friendly & Poor Service..The Stepchild of The Tahoe Ridge” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ridge Pointe Tahoe

Save Saved
You added Ridge Pointe Tahoe to your Saves list
Ridge Pointe Tahoe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 Tramway, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Stateline
San Jose, California
“Not Kid Friendly & Poor Service..The Stepchild of The Tahoe Ridge”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

The Ridge Pointe Tahoe is located near the main resort, The Ridge Tahoe , but too far to walk. You must either drive there or wait for one of their shuttles. The Pointe does have a BBQ area, a small workout room, a rec. room with a TV and a hot tub. But all the "cool" stuff is at the main resort. While this is a good location in the winter, it is not for the summer when you want to be closer to Lake Tahoe.
First let me say that this was an exchange. I reserved 2 junior suites and let them know 4 weeks in advance that I would have 4 young children along and could they PLEASE give me 2 units at least on the same floor. That didn't happen. A lot of time was spent in the slow elevator getting to each other's rooms. Those of you with children will know what I mean.
About the junior suite rooms:
Don't let the picture of the jr. suites fool you. They did not look like this at The Pointe.
The Pointe was not designed well. There is no air conditioning. It gets stuffy and quite warm at night and you either use the fans or open the windows which are at hip level, opening to the hallway, not safe and not private. If we had the TV on to a volume so that we could hear it, so could the room next door. The people next door were evidently late night gamblers and wanted to sleep in past 9 am and complained about the kids talking and the TV that they could hear through the walls. The kitchenette was well stocked and efficient.
Service:
Upon arriving there was only one set of towels. I had to call for more.
The TV reception in one of the rooms was unacceptable, all snowy. I called and someone came down and said there was nothing they could do about it.
We ran out of toilet paper and asked to have some put into the room while we would be out for the day and that did not happen.
I would not stay here again, at least not at the Pointe, and certainly not in the summer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010 via mobile

There are no amenities. The studio room makes even the most meager motel look acceptable. Bring your own ice because there are no icemakers to be found. Located too far away from anything to be worth staying at. TV from the 90's. Small and cramped for more than one. Don't waste your time with this dump. You'd be better off going to a motel 6.

• Stayed July 2010
El Sobrante, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We took the boys to Tahoe to go sledding (one of many sledding trips this year with our 2 and 5 year olds) and have stayed in different condo-style places each time. The rooms at the ridge were nicely decorated and the sleep number bed was much appreciated after a rough sledding excursion. I give this place a poor review because of the lack of customer service we received. We checked out of our room at 10am and drove home to the San Francisco area. After unpacking, we discovered that our 5 yr old's personal game system was left at the condo and quickly called to see if anyone had turned it into the lost and found. I thought we'd have a good chance of retrieving the game system since I called before 4pm (check-in is not until 4pm so the room would have no occupants yet) and there should have been only one cleaning person with room access after we left, which I thought management could track down. I was told someone would return my call. I called again later in the evening and was told someone else would return my call. No one EVER called me back and after 2 days, I gave up. I can't help but feel that my son was robbed. My warning to anyone who plans to stay at this place - do a complete sweep of your room before you leave because anything left behind will not be returned -much less acknowledged.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

I agree with what Preslb said... because he is my husband and we were on the same trip :)

BUT the first room we had was more than musty. It smelled horrible. The people in the next room burnt something in their kitchen. At first we thought it was bacon, but it was so strong and never went away. They must have set something on fire!

When we told the resort, they moved us quickly and checked into the fire scare and everything was okay, but I will never forget that smell!

So I guess I am saying that the walls are thin and if your neighbor makes a smell, you may be stuck with it.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
East TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

I stayed at this resort in March 08 as an exchange deal with a time share. Overall it is a good place if you are planning on skiing Heavenly but there is not much else to do near the resort.

The Good:
It is just a short ride down a hill on the bus and you’re at the lifts. Just takes like 2 min.
Great views looking down into the Nevada Valley. Be sure to check out the top floor hot tubs.
The resort store is well stocked with everything you need.

The Bad.
It is a good 10-15 min drive to the Casino Area.
Not much to do after skiing. The resort bar closes early and the restaurant is only open a few days a week.
The resort is old and could use some updates. Our first room as so musty week had to switch. Also the mini frig was out in both rooms.

I love the Lake Tahoe area and will be back but must likely not to this resort.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
yrmomrdssnobrd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

The Good:
1. Solitude -- quite and secluded;
2. Great View overlooking Heavenly's Stagecoach ski run;
3. Clean;
4. Big, well equipped kitchen -- this is especially good if you're travelling with a large group;
5. Underground parking (no digging your car out of a snowbank after an all-night storm);
6. Well appointed rec room;
7. Outdoor spa;
8. Elevator;
9. Nicely decorated;
10. More square footage than newer condos;
11, Huge bathroom in main unit;
12, Lock off portion is great for guests;
13. Wash and Dryer in Unit -- my favorite!

The Bad:
1. Access to each unit is from outside, ie; motel-type entry, rather than hotel. This means if it snows overnight, you open your front door and have to wade through a ton of snow to get to the elevator
2. Furniture is getting a little thread-bare. Needs to be reupholstered.
3. Because you're off the beaten path, the roads don't get plowed as soon as the main drag. Come equipped with 4-wheel-drive. One year, even though we were chained up, we couldn't get out of the timeshare driveway onto the street because of overnight snow accumulation.

• Liked — Solitue, quite, view, proximity to ski resort, sparkling clean, nice decor.
  • Disliked — Motel type entry
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

We stayed at the Ridge Point on a time share exchange in July of 2007. We had a 2 bedroom lockoff. Rooms were great, had everything we could possibly need. If you want to save money by eating in a few times, the kitchen was very well equiped. Everything in very good condition. Beautiful views of the valley from our balcony. Great hot tub that we made use of nearly every day. It is a 15 minute drive from town, where the casinos are, but the views are worth the effort. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone.

• Liked — very well equipped, plenty of room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ridge Pointe Tahoe? Share your experiences!