“Probably my favorite of all the timeshares in the world” 5 of 5 stars

Ridge Pointe Tahoe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 Tramway, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Stateline
Sunnyvale, California
“Probably my favorite of all the timeshares in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I've stayed here about six or seven times over the years and never been disappointed ALTHOUGH I CAN UNDERSTAND SOME OF THE COMPLAINTS BY OTHERS, especially if they were renting rather than timeshare owners already famiiar with the place. I already knew, for example, that a studio suite would not have a full kitchen nor a view of the lake, and that there isn't much staff on site, and the somewhat unusual check-in methods/locations which can be difficult if they don't inform you in advance. The one-bedroom units do indeed have fireplace, COMPLETE kitchen with everything you could want, balconies with views of the valley. The lack of restaurants doesn't bother me as we usually go with the plan of cooking in our room to save money, and we ride the resort bus over to the free movie theater, ping-pong tables, exercise classes, etc.

My last trip was in Oct. 2009; the one-bedroom had been completely renovated with new furniture, IPOD dock, etc. I felt relief that my timeshare maintenance fees were going for something.

My brother and I, in 2006, decided to try out ALL 13 of the hot tubs in the Ridge Tahoe complex in one day [it actually took one afternoon and one morning.] We decided the one at Ridge Pointe is still the best [although it was closed for repairs when I was there in 2009.]

I've stayed at one other complex on the same side of the mountain as Ridge Pointe -- don't remember if it was Kingsbury or The Ridge -- and found Ridge Pointe to be much more modern, much better lit, better quality everything. From the limited glances I've gotten of other rooms in other buildings as we walked by, I still like Ridge Pointe best.

There are reasonably-priced restaurants down the hill a short distance, some with two-for-one coupons available through Entertainment.com for timeshare owners.

I'm going back in Oct. 2011 and hope everything is as good as I've always found it to be.

And I will add that in 1999 or so when we rented for a couple of nights, the fold-out sofa that the children were to sleep on was broken. We asked for a different room, and were told too bad, just like if you went to a hotel and the TV was broken, that would just be your tough luck and you wouldn't get another one. But in the end, they gave us an entire additional studio suite for the children, so it worked out even better than having the sleeper sofa in the living room fixed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Prescott, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We had three rooms here for the first week of August. The units were just fine, quite nice in fact. I would have originally preferred to be at the lake instead of up atop Kingsbury, but after seeing the crowds down there in summer, I'm glad we weren't in their midst! Each unit had a fireplace and pretty well outfitted kitchen with full size fridge, a small balcony, and washer/dryer. The second bedroom in each unit also has its own kitchenette, perhaps this is what has caused confusion on the subject of kitchens..... there are separate entrances to each bedroom thru a little entry room. We used the onsite BBQ (nice) and jacuzzi, and also went up to the main resort Ridge Tahoe to eat and use the pool (overcrowded with kids the day we were there.)

There's hiking in the area but you have to shuttle (or drive) to the main resort. The concierge there helped us and was very nice. Also the manager called to check on us, and the housekeeping people were great. Midweek cleaning very nice.

Bedding and pillows all up to snuff - large in room jacuzzi in master BR lovely - all in all I recommend for families.

It would also be great in winter as you are right by the Stagecoach chairlift.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

The website says that the rooms have fireplaces and full kitchens - Not! No fireplace, and the kitchen was a microwave and small fridge. No stove. The place is old and there is nobody on-site for anything. The views are nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I would seperate two issues in this review: 1) customer service and 2) the quality of the hotel. Be aware that there is no human customer service on site and no signage to indicate the check-in process. Luckily, I met a couple staying there and they directed me to the location on 2nd floor where you sign in your name and get the combination to an adjacent locker which contains your key and facility information. The phone number listed is a national switchboard for other resort properties. Check-out can only be done at a sister resort property 1/2 mile away. 2) the property itself is quite nice complete with washer & dryer. It comes complete with dishes and glassware. An additional fee of $4.95 for WiFi.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

My family and I just returned from a six night stay at the Ridge Pointe. We stayed in a one bedroom/ one bath unit. The units have a very large kitchen, and very spacious living room complete with fireplace and 6 place dinning table. The bedroom is also large with a king size bed and a rather large in room multiple-jet hot tub.
Their are nice stainless steel BBQs on-site as well as a common area with a small workout room, pool table and large flat screen TV. The "Pointe" is part of "The Ridge" which boasts a large club facility complete with indoor racquetball, indoor basketball and tennis, a large workout facility, indoor/outdoor pool and spa, billiards room, arcade, ping pong and even a complementary movie theatre. We used these facilities numerous times during our stay by utilizing the facilities free shuttle. We found the shuttle to arrive within 5 minutes of our call requesting it.
The Pointe one bed units have a balcony that over looks the Heavenly Valley Ski Resort (Stagecoach lift). There is complementary shuttle service to both the Heavenly Stagecoach and Heavenly Boulder lodges. It was great to be staying directly adjacent to the lifts.
Free shuttle service is also provided into the casino area of South Lake Tahoe. We found the service to be very reliable and valuable as well. The facility provides free underground parking and honestly there really isn't a need to use your vehicle once you arrive if you plan on staying in the local South Lake Tahoe area.
We found the furnishings to be a bit dated, but still in good condition, in fact it appeared that in unit washer/dryer was a relatively new model. It was great to have the washer/dryer in the unit, we used it multiple times.
My family throughly enjoyed our stay at the Ridge Pointe, we found the room to be great, the facilities to be wonderful and the location terrific and a really great value. The only drawback we could find was the slightly outdated decor, but that was very easy to overlook.

• Stayed January 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010 via mobile

Desk was grumpy housekeeping was good security was helpful food was good pool was crowded 15min to zefer 10 min to town nice rooms I paid 100 dollars night expedia great view of valley no view of lake.

• Stayed January 2011
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

The Ridge Pointe Tahoe is located near the main resort, The Ridge Tahoe , but too far to walk. You must either drive there or wait for one of their shuttles. The Pointe does have a BBQ area, a small workout room, a rec. room with a TV and a hot tub. But all the "cool" stuff is at the main resort. While this is a good location in the winter, it is not for the summer when you want to be closer to Lake Tahoe.
First let me say that this was an exchange. I reserved 2 junior suites and let them know 4 weeks in advance that I would have 4 young children along and could they PLEASE give me 2 units at least on the same floor. That didn't happen. A lot of time was spent in the slow elevator getting to each other's rooms. Those of you with children will know what I mean.
About the junior suite rooms:
Don't let the picture of the jr. suites fool you. They did not look like this at The Pointe.
The Pointe was not designed well. There is no air conditioning. It gets stuffy and quite warm at night and you either use the fans or open the windows which are at hip level, opening to the hallway, not safe and not private. If we had the TV on to a volume so that we could hear it, so could the room next door. The people next door were evidently late night gamblers and wanted to sleep in past 9 am and complained about the kids talking and the TV that they could hear through the walls. The kitchenette was well stocked and efficient.
Service:
Upon arriving there was only one set of towels. I had to call for more.
The TV reception in one of the rooms was unacceptable, all snowy. I called and someone came down and said there was nothing they could do about it.
We ran out of toilet paper and asked to have some put into the room while we would be out for the day and that did not happen.
I would not stay here again, at least not at the Pointe, and certainly not in the summer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Ridge Pointe Tahoe? Share your experiences!