“Don't Believe Anything on the Website” 2 of 5 stars

Ridge Pointe Tahoe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   455 Tramway, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
Sacramento, CA
“Don't Believe Anything on the Website”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

The website says that the rooms have fireplaces and full kitchens - Not! No fireplace, and the kitchen was a microwave and small fridge. No stove. The place is old and there is nobody on-site for anything. The views are nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I would seperate two issues in this review: 1) customer service and 2) the quality of the hotel. Be aware that there is no human customer service on site and no signage to indicate the check-in process. Luckily, I met a couple staying there and they directed me to the location on 2nd floor where you sign in your name and get the combination to an adjacent locker which contains your key and facility information. The phone number listed is a national switchboard for other resort properties. Check-out can only be done at a sister resort property 1/2 mile away. 2) the property itself is quite nice complete with washer & dryer. It comes complete with dishes and glassware. An additional fee of $4.95 for WiFi.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

My family and I just returned from a six night stay at the Ridge Pointe. We stayed in a one bedroom/ one bath unit. The units have a very large kitchen, and very spacious living room complete with fireplace and 6 place dinning table. The bedroom is also large with a king size bed and a rather large in room multiple-jet hot tub.
Their are nice stainless steel BBQs on-site as well as a common area with a small workout room, pool table and large flat screen TV. The "Pointe" is part of "The Ridge" which boasts a large club facility complete with indoor racquetball, indoor basketball and tennis, a large workout facility, indoor/outdoor pool and spa, billiards room, arcade, ping pong and even a complementary movie theatre. We used these facilities numerous times during our stay by utilizing the facilities free shuttle. We found the shuttle to arrive within 5 minutes of our call requesting it.
The Pointe one bed units have a balcony that over looks the Heavenly Valley Ski Resort (Stagecoach lift). There is complementary shuttle service to both the Heavenly Stagecoach and Heavenly Boulder lodges. It was great to be staying directly adjacent to the lifts.
Free shuttle service is also provided into the casino area of South Lake Tahoe. We found the service to be very reliable and valuable as well. The facility provides free underground parking and honestly there really isn't a need to use your vehicle once you arrive if you plan on staying in the local South Lake Tahoe area.
We found the furnishings to be a bit dated, but still in good condition, in fact it appeared that in unit washer/dryer was a relatively new model. It was great to have the washer/dryer in the unit, we used it multiple times.
My family throughly enjoyed our stay at the Ridge Pointe, we found the room to be great, the facilities to be wonderful and the location terrific and a really great value. The only drawback we could find was the slightly outdated decor, but that was very easy to overlook.

• Stayed January 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

Desk was grumpy housekeeping was good security was helpful food was good pool was crowded 15min to zefer 10 min to town nice rooms I paid 100 dollars night expedia great view of valley no view of lake.

• Stayed January 2011
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

The Ridge Pointe Tahoe is located near the main resort, The Ridge Tahoe , but too far to walk. You must either drive there or wait for one of their shuttles. The Pointe does have a BBQ area, a small workout room, a rec. room with a TV and a hot tub. But all the "cool" stuff is at the main resort. While this is a good location in the winter, it is not for the summer when you want to be closer to Lake Tahoe.
First let me say that this was an exchange. I reserved 2 junior suites and let them know 4 weeks in advance that I would have 4 young children along and could they PLEASE give me 2 units at least on the same floor. That didn't happen. A lot of time was spent in the slow elevator getting to each other's rooms. Those of you with children will know what I mean.
About the junior suite rooms:
Don't let the picture of the jr. suites fool you. They did not look like this at The Pointe.
The Pointe was not designed well. There is no air conditioning. It gets stuffy and quite warm at night and you either use the fans or open the windows which are at hip level, opening to the hallway, not safe and not private. If we had the TV on to a volume so that we could hear it, so could the room next door. The people next door were evidently late night gamblers and wanted to sleep in past 9 am and complained about the kids talking and the TV that they could hear through the walls. The kitchenette was well stocked and efficient.
Service:
Upon arriving there was only one set of towels. I had to call for more.
The TV reception in one of the rooms was unacceptable, all snowy. I called and someone came down and said there was nothing they could do about it.
We ran out of toilet paper and asked to have some put into the room while we would be out for the day and that did not happen.
I would not stay here again, at least not at the Pointe, and certainly not in the summer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

There are no amenities. The studio room makes even the most meager motel look acceptable. Bring your own ice because there are no icemakers to be found. Located too far away from anything to be worth staying at. TV from the 90's. Small and cramped for more than one. Don't waste your time with this dump. You'd be better off going to a motel 6.

• Stayed July 2010
El Sobrante, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We took the boys to Tahoe to go sledding (one of many sledding trips this year with our 2 and 5 year olds) and have stayed in different condo-style places each time. The rooms at the ridge were nicely decorated and the sleep number bed was much appreciated after a rough sledding excursion. I give this place a poor review because of the lack of customer service we received. We checked out of our room at 10am and drove home to the San Francisco area. After unpacking, we discovered that our 5 yr old's personal game system was left at the condo and quickly called to see if anyone had turned it into the lost and found. I thought we'd have a good chance of retrieving the game system since I called before 4pm (check-in is not until 4pm so the room would have no occupants yet) and there should have been only one cleaning person with room access after we left, which I thought management could track down. I was told someone would return my call. I called again later in the evening and was told someone else would return my call. No one EVER called me back and after 2 days, I gave up. I can't help but feel that my son was robbed. My warning to anyone who plans to stay at this place - do a complete sweep of your room before you leave because anything left behind will not be returned -much less acknowledged.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Ridge Pointe Tahoe? Share your experiences!