“Great ending to our vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Stateline
Cuisines: Sushi
Oakland, California
“Great ending to our vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I wanted to have a nice family meal before heading home after a beautiful snowy weekend in Tahoe. We decided to eat here after a recommendation from someone at our hotel. This place was the perfect way to say farewell & end our trip on a good note. We were greeted by a very friendly staff & a pleasant, casual atmosphere. The food was great & we were so full we could barely walk out after gorging on dragon rolls, howie do it rolls, titan rolls & several more, all of which were well prepared & tasted excellent. The service here was some of the best I have received in a long time & I really appreciated the efforts of all of the staff to make sure our experience was top notch. When we received the bill, I was pleasantly surprised at what a great value this place is. If you like the fancy long sushi rolls like I do, then you know these usually can run about $10 to $15 each & at $25.00 per person for all you can eat, we ate more than our fair share of them! This was a great ending to our vacation & I recommend this place to anyone that likes sushi.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hercules, California
“All You Can Eat Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

All you can eat (AYCE) sushi for only $25!!! You know how they say you get what you pay for? I personally felt that we did get what we paid for (and more!) because we had realistic expectations. We gorged ourselves with plate after plate of nigiri, hand rolls, and sushi; we capped it with their dessert aptly called happy endings. Yum!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kapolei, Hawaii
“Great sushi and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We loved the food at Sushi Pier. We especially enjoyed the sushi, soy beans and the mussels. The service was awesome too. Make reservations because it's a small place and it gets crowded by 6:00. Every time we are in Tahoe, we make sure to eat there.

Visited February 2012
Cameron Park, California
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Ordered 3 different rolls. All were great! One was on the small side, but expected given there were only 3 ingredients, two of which were on top of the roll. We'll be back.

Visited February 2012
Minden, Nevada
“LA Guy Blown Away by the Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I've done sushi way before sushi was cool. I've done sushi around the world, including Japan. I thought I'd found the hidden treasure in Denver where I previously discovered sushi to rival LA's best, but Sushi Pier continues to blow me away each time I drive up the hill to eat. Great sushi! Great staff! Great prices! DO NOT MISS IT if you are around Tahoe

• Visited January 2012