Hot tub WIFI,Near Casinos/Heavenly $1588 Wk. Total

Master Bedroom Snowbear Lodge/ King Bed
Living room with 2 queen sofa bed. Additiona half bath is also in living room.
Living room
Living room looking toward kitchen area.
Stateline

Joelh21
Omaha, Nebraska
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

The location is good, just about 7 minutes from the gondola, but overall my friends and I we're not impressed with this property.

The beds are old and worn out and because of that, very uncomfortable. There are two decks, which is nice, but one would think a hot tub would be on one of them, but it's actually located in the garage. It's a odd location and was very disappointing. The gutters above the decks were filled with pine needles and caused them to leak and create an ice slick right infront of the door each night.

The kitchen and dining area was updated and quite spacious, but we were disappointed that the ice maker was disabled because of the possibility of it freezing? Because of this we had to purchase ice.

The living room is large with a nice gas fireplace that warms the room, but the couches are just like the beds, very uncomfortable and years past replacement. Something the room is missing, is a place to put a drink, there was a single end-table in the corner and no coffee tables.

Like I said, overall I'm not pleased with the rental, but I think with a little updating this could be a great place to vacation.

4 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 3 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
1 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 3 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: The beds, couches and hottub location
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Feb 3, 2013
We hate to have unhappy guests, and it is obvious this guest was not satisfied with our home or amenities. Unfortunately he never spoke with us about any of these issues at the time of his stay. I telephoned them on the 2nd day of their arrival to encourage them to call me if they needed anything. Our telephone number is also prominently posted by the entrance door.

Our beds are hotel quality, clean and continually rotated. They are inspected after each visit. Certainly sofa beds are less comfortable then regular inner spring mattresses .Unfortunately the ice maker service line in the kitchen freezes due to non use so we provide ice cube trays for our guests. Some guests prefer to buy a $3 bag of ice at the local store.

The hot tub is located in a carpeted separated enclosure off the garage to prevent children from drowning by entering without supervision. The location of the hot tub is clearly mentioned several times in our listing. A hot tub photo is also included with the listing Perhaps in Nebraska the have hot tubs out on the decks however it is dangerous to place a 350 gallon hot tub outside on a deck that is located two stories off the ground and is frequently laden with snow. The indoor hot tub provides the privacy many quests enjoy.

I did speak with the guest during the stay and they reported no problems or concerns. Our clubhouse has a very large hot tub outside which as a guest, he was allowed to use. Additionally, he never expressed a concern about the lack of a "place to put a drink" if he had, I would have suggested utilizing one or more of the 4 folding tables which are located between the flat screen TV and the fireplace in the living room. After their departure the guest called me stating they had checked out and that they had a good time. The guest told me about the ice on the deck after they left. After departure he also told me the downstairs room was very cold. This was of concern because there is a newer 100,000 BTU furnace 5 feet from that room. I asked if he or his guests checked the vent for obstruction and he said he didn't know there was a vent. Staff confirmed the furnace worked properly however the duct was completely closed. Again none of these concerns were related to us during the stay despite our initial phone call to them. We are sorry our home did not meet the standards of this guest however his review will help us make any changes practical to improve our home. One of those changes implemented was to post a sign in the downstairs bedroom to point out the location of the heating vent. We encourage all of our guests to give us a call whenever they have a question or concern.
Nancy Hawkins,
from
$250
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
How to book this rental
Submit an inquiry to the owner using the above make inquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Peace of Mind Protection
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 12 days ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing