“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harveys Lake Tahoe

You added Harveys Lake Tahoe to your Saves list
Harveys Lake Tahoe
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Highway 50 at Stateline Avenue, PO Box 128, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We arrived September 3rd for a two night stay. A group of 20 friends descended on Lake Tahoe for Dave Matthews and to catch up. Ranging from mid-20s to mid-40's, and those who act like they're 18, we all enjoyed. :). Table 19 for drinks and food, good music, and fun gambling. We had a suite that overlooked the Lake as well as the outdoor venue. Customer Service was excellent, from valet, to bell, to check in, to room service, Spa, etc. all well done. Harvey's and Harrah's both could use a mega million room makeover, but I'm not holding my breath. I held my breath as I enjoyed the views of the Lake. 5 stars if rooms were not 70's/80's dated......we will return.....

Room Tip: Lake view. Renovated room. Ask for these if staying at Harvey's. "lake tower room"
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

There are only 4 major hotels in the Lake Tahoe/Stateline area: Harveys, Harrahs, Horizon and MontBleu. They are all walking distance from each other, which makes it nice. All in all, this was a great hotel stay. The room was actually comp'd, and I wish I knew how much it was! The room was huge, including the bathroom area. We stayed in a room with a walk-in shower, separate bath tub (good size, too), and separate toilet. There were two vanities, and lots of mirrors. Great sheets/comforters, but the pillows we a bit too soft. The a/c was really loud, that was the only downside of this room. The hotel/casino is very clean and inviting. I definitely recommend a stay/visit to this hotel. We will be back for sure.

Bentonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Room was on the 19th floor and was very large. Plenty of room. My wife and I stayed here and I arrived with my bicycle and all the equipment for a bike ride around Lake Tahoe. I had room for al my equipment. The bathroom was also very large. There was a sink area next to the closet and another sink area in a separate room by the bathtub. My wife and I had our own sinks which was very nice. The toilet was also in a separate smaller room.
Room had a very small refrigerator which was nice to keep cool drinks in. Great view of Lake Tahoe. I don't think all of the floors have been remodeled as this one has, but the 19th floor was very nice. I didn't expect such a spacious room but it was nice.
Of course there were several restaurants in the casino. The only restaurant we visited was the Hard Rock of which I will write a separate review. if you are reading this, it was horrible. Not up to standards for a Hard Rock.
I'd stay in this hotel again -- ask for one of the top floors so you can see the lake.
There is a tunnel that takes you across the street to Harrah's casino and from there, you can leave Harrah's, walk 20 steps, and be on the California side at the Lake Tahoe Resort hotel. Shopping was within a block of Harvey's. Ton's of shops, boutiques, etc. along with several local dining options.

Room Tip: Top floor for the best views of Lake Tahoe.
Green Features: Hotel opted for using the same towels by hanging it on the towel rack.
Citrus Heights, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I decided to spend a couple of days in South Lake Tahoe. I especially wanted to ride the Gondola before the summer season ended. I made reservations at Harvey's using my Total Rewards Card. I had a beautiful room on the 16th Floor, with a lovely view of the lake (in the Lake Tower). The room had corner windows with a sitting area to enjoy the view. The room was extremely neat and clean. The bathroom was so unbelievable for a hotel room. Rarely, have I seen a hotel bathroom with not just the sink area seperate, but the commode had its own room and the shower was separate from the tub (also in a separate room). All the items in the room worked well and I could not have wanted anything more from my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are beautiful, scenery absolutely amazing! We didn't need to go outside to go anywhere everything was right there in Harvey's and there is a tunnel under street to go to harrahs beautiful place too. Very happy with our stay

• Stayed September 2013
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I have traveled extensively and never have we encountered such a wonderful experience. We stayed three nights and from beginning to end our stay was phenomenal. From check in to check out. We stayed in the Lake View tower. The room was spotless and had all the amenities that you would come to expect from a much higher end establishment. We especially enjoyed the luxury of the bathroom. We were impressed with the fact that you could not hear through the walls or any outside room activity. Very sound proof. Rooms had recently been renovated and smelled of only new carpeting which was very refreshing. Sometimes going into a resort of this type, even though the room is listed as non smoking, you still have the odor. There was absolutely no evidence of anyone having smoked in our room Very pleasant surprise. Will definitely stay at this hotel again!

FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The suite room was about 1000 sf. We had views overlooking the lake and the mountains. The jacuzzi tub faces out so you could watch the sunset while relaxing. Bedroom was large and had a separate living room with dining table off to the side. Two bathrooms and plenty of closet space. The stereo sound didnt work in the living room which would have been nice but we didn't bother calling to fix it. Carpets were a dark color so as to last longer I'm sure but had that 70s feel to it. Bathrooms were all marble and lovely as well as foyer.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!