“A real surprise in Stateline.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Highway 50 at Stateline Avenue, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wisconsin
“A real surprise in Stateline.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had thought that Harvey's on Lake Tahoe was an old and dated casino but was pleasantly surprised when we checked in. My wife and I stayed there 2 nights and were really impressed by the place. Our room must have been totally remodeled recently as it was absolutely great with everything new, and in great working order, and super clean. Also, the bath was large, which is great when 2 people are in the room. Probably one of the best casino rooms I have stayed in in several years. We did receive a room upgrade from that which is their standard fare.
They didn't seem to have many places to eat in the casino and only remember one café. that we came across. I think they have a gourmet dining room but we did not eat there. The parking is across from the hotel and if you are lucky, you won't have a long way to haul your luggage, and they do have valet service and you might consider using it at this hotel.
We really enjoyed our stay, and would certainly go back there if the occasion comes up again.

Room Tip: If you are lucky enough to get a high room, you get a really good view of Lake Tahoe.
2 Thank Traveler491

Calif.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stay at Harvey's two to four times a year. The staff have always been pleasant, friendly, helpful and respectful. The rooms are very clean, spacious, comfortable, and quiet. Some rooms have views of both the lake and mountains, some don't, but the view is still very nice. I have yet to have a bad meal at any of Harvey's restaurants and I have eaten at them all. I have never had a bad experience at Harvey's and this place will continue to be my first choice to stay whenever I visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

There was a time when South Lake Tahoe was just as good as Las Vegas when it came to casinos. Unfortunately, that time has passed.

Harveys is managed by Harrah's across the street and both are long past their prime. Check in was a pain. First of all, it's not easy to find the lobby coming from the parking garage. You have to walk all the way through the casino. I guess that's done on purpose.

I asked for a lakeview room on an upper floor. The average room rate posted here and on other sites, does not include their new Resort Fee. Which is a junk fee charging you for what you used to get for free; mainly pool use.

My room was ok, except for the obstructed lake view (I was told that that was their lakeview). I didn't try any of their eateries, they looked over priced and gross.

On the whole, I'd give this place a "fair" or 3 star rating. I've stayed here before and it was much better. I know the management could do better if they wanted to, but clearly they don't, so I wont be staying here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to use your AAA card when you check in.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank chasmader
San Francisco, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at Harveys on a Wednesday and Thursday night but got stung by high prices due to a golf tournament which we had nothing to do with. Our first night was $99 and our 2nd night was $300. With the taxes and resort fee the bill camed to $500 for the 2 nights. We accepted that but the room was not good. There was a good bed but that was about it. The bath tub had a huge chip missing. Also missing tiles around the tub. Missing Fridge, missing coffee maker, missing desk. There was a shrunk down dresser that must have come from another room and a small TV. No free movies. There was a small round table and 2 chairs. We got a fridge and the coffee maker after we asked. The first person said the fridge would come at no cost. The second wanted to charge us $10. We did end up getting it for free. The Resort fee gives you free Wifi for one device for each day. It gives you use of a fairly nice execise room. It gives you use of a pool, I have seen better pools at motels. All in all, the bed was good and my husband won at poker with a royal flush so that made up for the room. Casino is popular and jumping.

Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at Harvey's for the Celebrity Golf Tournament which we've been coming to for 15 years. It used to be fairly nice but now is REALLY run down. The carpet is dirty and worn, the furniture is old. Just basically very outdated. The staff personnel are fine (love the Starbucks people!) but Harrah's/Harvey's needs to put some money into this place ASAP to keep people coming back.

Nevada City, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We booked through a third party and was informed that pets under 25 pounds were free of charge. Arrived at check in and was told they only had 8 pet friendly rooms and they were all booked! Really? How many hundreds of rooms do they have here? The price for the room was $78 on a Sunday night. The manager Alyssa Mendez would not cooperate in any way. She simply stated she could put us in another room on the "Pet floor" (no mention previously of that either) for an additional $75.00. Now I realize that obviously the third party we booked though had some incorrect data regarding pets at Harvey's, but they were very apologetic and refunded our money immediately. Harvey's management apparently would rather watch a disappointed and angry traveler leave their hotel before showing some real customer service. By the way, my dog is 15 pounds of well trained fluff.

1 Thank jamesjay09
Redwood City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our room was on the 14TH floor. The mini fridge was at least 15 years old and had rust in it. The carpet was very old and worn out. The bathroom was the only updated part of the room. The hotel itself needs a remodel inside and out.

• 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 8 in Stateline
4.0 of 5 stars 1,809 reviews
MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe
Marriott Grand Residence Club Ta...
#9 of 70 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#12 of 70 in South Lake Tahoe
4.0 of 5 stars 817 reviews

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!