We always stay at Harvey's between Christmas and NYE every year and still love it. First off, you can't beat the Stateline location. Secondly, Harvey's is a stone throw to Heavenly Village where you can take the gondola up to ski/snowboard and where there are plenty of shopping and dining options to choose from. One of our favorites is Fire + Ice; check it out for sure!
While the rooms in the main tower (not mountain tower) are a bit dated with older fixtures and wallpaper, they're pretty spacious with large bathrooms and vanity areas. I especially like that the separate shower has glass a door instead of a curtain. Germaphobes can appreciate that I'm sure. The beds and bedding are nicer than average plus there are in room safes. There is also a desk, small table and flat screen TV.
We absolutely LOVE the outdoor heated pool and hot tub, especially in the winter when its snowing. There is nothing better than sitting outside in the hot tub, looking up at the falling snow and having it evaporate before it hits your face. If you prefer something warmer, Harrah's allows use of their amenities and has an indoor pool and hot tub.
If you're a Total Rewards member, the Diamond Lounge is awesome with free appetizers and adult beverages.
While Harrah's is more upscale than Harvey's, it can sometimes feel like more of a party scene. The casino is busier and there is a night club there. If that is what you're looking for, the properties are connected so you won't have to worry about walking outside in the winter and can easily shuffle back and forth between both.
Of all the years we've been coming to Harvey's, we did have a few setbacks this trip:
1. We could hardly spend any time in the casino because the cigarette smoke was so thick. We don't normally experience this here so we hope it was just a one time flaw.
2. Two of the on duty Total Rewards (Diamond) hosts was neither accommodating nor friendly. I'm sorry to say, but if we're loosing major bucks in a casino it would be nice to not be treated poorly on top of it. While our room may have been comp'd, we definitely paid for it and then some gambling.
3. The valet kid was rude and impatient. This of course translates into making a guest feel like we're taking up his valuable time. In turn, I ended up having to find a bellman to assist with our luggage. He was of course pleasant.
All in all we still love Harvey's and will be back to stay again. We would recommend it to travels visiting South Lake Tahoe.
If you're an experienced ski/snowboarder, make your way over to Kirkwood for the day! The terrain is much more fun than Heavenly.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Harveys Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harveys Lake Tahoe Stateline
- Harveys Lake Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV