“Can't Complain Much” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harveys Lake Tahoe

Save Saved
You added Harveys Lake Tahoe to your Saves list
Harveys Lake Tahoe
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Highway 50 at Stateline Avenue, PO Box 128, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
houston
“Can't Complain Much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Since my room was complimentary, well I don't really have any complaints...I was even upgraded to a room with a view of the lake and mountains. Beds were comfortable and room was clean. Yes, some of the rooms are a bit outdated w/older furniture but it's not raggedy just older type of hotel furniture. They have added big screen t.v.'s since last I was here in 2009 so that was an added plus. If you don't care about the outdated furniture, which I don't then Harveys is a good place to stay; it's one of the hotels on the stateline which allows you to view Lake Tahoe and take in the views of the mountains. We also ordered room service and the food was good and fresh.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room with a view of the lake and mountains.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Rock Rapids, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We got married at Harveys Lake Tahoe 20 years ago so went back on our anniversary to celebrate (all the way from the Midwest). We had mentioned this when we called to book our reservation and when we were checking in as well. We were hoping for something in the newer section but nothing was available. Our room was very spacious with a nice view. HOWEVER, I feel that it definately needs updated. It wasn't dirty it just felt VERY outdated. Was hoping for more. Pretty sure I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Youngsville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at Harvey's. It is located right in town which is very convenient. The room was nice and spacious and clean. We had a view of the lake which was nice. Really enjoyed the 19 Kitchen bar which has a spectacular view of the lake. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were thrilled that we made the choice of staying at this Grand Hotel
A casino hotel,with a beautiful home a way from home ambiance..
It is a feeling they hand you from the moment you arrive
, until the moment of you departure..that makes you want to turn around and stay for a lifetime
..It is just that inviting....
We more than enjoyed the stay... and trust me we will return!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the California side..The views were exquisite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Can't speak for the less-expensive rooms, hence the one-star minus, but the better rooms are terrific, and I highly recommend them. My friend likes to gamble; I like to slightly gamble and retire to the room to work. There's plenty of room to do that, plus we always get a wonderful view of the lake. We go every fall; the rooms are always clean and the beds are always comfortable, but the best part of it all is the bathroom. Yes. There is a shower, a tub and a sink in one part, a toilet in another, and closets and another sink in the third. Therefore, we can shower, bathe, get dressed and use the potty at the same time, because each area is closed off. And they're big.
Have to say that the TV selection isn't that balanced--you can get FOX News, but not MSNBC, but surely, they can fix that!

Room Tip: As I said, get the better room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Concord, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went up to Lake Tahoe for 2 nights. We check into Harvey's and got the older tower. The room was nice but the walls were thin. We could hear everything in the hallway and the conversation next door. I had trouble sleeping at night because I could hear people talking as they pass our room. When I'm in the bathroom I heard our next door neighbor talking and she had her radio on. It sounded like they were in my room. Overall the room looks nice and the location was good but they need to soundproof the rooms!

• Stayed November 2012
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stay at this place and we have an amazing time, the views are beautiful, and the service and the beds are really top of the notch, lucky me! if I return probably I will be coming back here.
I love the view, the lake is just minutes away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!