“Love Love Love Harveys” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harveys Lake Tahoe

Save Saved
You added Harveys Lake Tahoe to your Saves list
Harveys Lake Tahoe
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Highway 50 at Stateline Avenue, PO Box 128, Stateline, NV 89449   |
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington
“Love Love Love Harveys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

It was our 30th wedding anniversary and since we got married in Lake Tahoe, decided to go back and make some new memories. We had never stayed at Harveys before but we are so very happy we did. The staff was amazing, the food was very good. The room still had the older decor but was still very awesome. We wanted to take the bed and pillows home with us. We will always stay here when we come to town.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

726 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We just returned from a trip to Tahoe.

We stayed at Harvey's. Was disappointed with the room. It appeared online and looked "VERY NICE". We checked in and really it wasn't anything very special. I did upgrade our room too for 30.00 each night. Curious now what the other room would have been. The tile in the bathroom sink, floor, and shower was cracked. Was a bit outdated. Stains on the marble shower. Had a "partial view" of the lake - I thought we would have a "full view of the lake". What really was a bummer - the pool was closed for construction and NO ONE told us this. I asked on the phone prior to arriving if there was a pool at Harveys. (yes) is what I was told but nothing beyond that. (felt a bit deceived) We were told we could go across the street to Harrah's. Had I of known this - we would have stayed at Harrah's and not Harvey's! I don't want to walk through the hotel in swimwear.

Really just a mediocre place. Nothing special. It was clean. We slept there. The value was not at all there for the price of the room. Overpriced for what we got really.

The other thing, there was no water etc. although it had a note on the fridge there was we never found it.

We'll be back to Tahoe, next time though we'll try a different property and confirm "for sure" the pool is in operation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

If you can secure a room under $80 it's worth a stay . Rooms are smallish but clean . Old , analog TV from the stone age in the rooms. No in room coffee or complimentary water . Cheaper rooms offer no views of the lake although the hotel is situated along the shore of Lake Tahoe. Self parking is free , garage is run down, no security cameras that I could see, dark and dangerous late a night. casino is colorful , large . WIFI available in the room for $11 a day. Location good, Heavenly ski area 10 min drive. Overall hotel is okay, been there for years , old but kept up well although nothing about this place gives me the desire to stay here again , other places offer newer , better rooms and services.

Room Tip: Not enough characters to provide help
Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Elk Grove, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Had 2 queen bed deluxe rooms reserved. Arrived about 3 hours prior to check in, 1 room was ready and the called us about 45 minutes later and the other room was ready. Great service from the front desk. Rooms were nice and clean. Beds were comfy but the walls are on the thin side so you can hear the noise from the hallway. The casino has a good selection of slots and payout pretty good. The tables were always busy but the drink service was not to bad.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

We checked in to a Lake Tower room last week and were pleasantly surprised - the room had been renovated - cleaner styled furnishings & a nice flat screen tv.

Over the many years we've visited Tahoe, we've come to know many of the staff. Although we're hardly local and therefore can't visit as often as we'd like, we're never forgotten. If you're looking for personal service - this is the place.

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of shops & restaurants. Cabo Wabo is on site and serves a delicious breakfast (in additional to lunch & dinner). Sierra Choices is on the casino floor and is a good choice for soup and a sandwich.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We drove to Harvey's from LA. The morning of the drive I made a reservation for a luxury room with a King bed. I was on the phone with a woman in the front office as I made the reservation just to make sure everything would be OK when we arrived. When I arrived my room was sold to someone else. The front desk night manager rudely told me I didn't read the fine print and the reservation I made is only a request. All that was available was a cheaper room at a $10 discount. Even though the internet price would have been more than $30 less... so weird. He also told me it was impossible that someone told me I have the room reserved, they don't do that here. Reminds me of when I see an ad for a used car but when I go to look at the used car only more expensive cars are available.

Next morning I needed my car. Called downstairs for the valet to have my car ready but the valet misplaced my keys. The valet guy was even more rude than the front desk guy. I got my car 45 minutes after first calling. No problem, just took an hour out of the morning skiing.

Rooms were OK but I felt like a used car dealership closed and all the used car dealers became gainfully employed at Harvey's. Can't wait to go to Tahoe but no way I'm ever staying here again. Doesn't matter what a room looks like when the customer service is this poor.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

we're snowboarders. we lucked out with a room on the 10th floor, facing the lake. it's close to the gondola, although many times, the gondola is closed due to wind restrictions.

everything in the room worked well. good selection of TV channels. comfy beds. there's an outdoor jacuzzi. soak your tired muscles while snowflakes fall on your head.

cabo wabo cantina gets pretty crowded on thursday nights. it's an interesting meet (meat) market.

the price is right, so why not?

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!