“A Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa

Save Saved
You added MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa to your Saves list
MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hwy 50, Stateline, NV 89449 (Formerly Caesars Tahoe)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Stateline
Bay Area, CA
“A Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

The Details: We stayed Sun-Thurs with 2 small children (18 months and 4 yrs old). Received a great rate from the hotels website, which is why we chose to stay here. Read some of the more negative reviews but decided to check it out for ourselves.

The Pros: The staff was friendly and the hotel was very clean. The rooms were large enough to allow the kids to run around and be content. Some reviews had mentioned the walls were thin, we didn’t hear anything thru our walls and we had another young family staying in the room next to ours. Parking was ample. We ate at the Case del Sol. Great food, great prices, and the staff were super cheerful. The Amaretto Colada was also very good! The bbq plates have enough to feed 3 people, FYI. The pool area was great. Clean and very spacious. The fitness center had treadmills, elliptical machines, etc which allowed us to get a couple of quick workouts in. Again, clean and spacious.

The Cons: The pillows in the room were very uncomfortable, bring your own if you have pillow issues. The faucet in the bathroom sink was loose. Hotel staff stated it was to be fixed ASAP. It didn’t leak or anything, just loose. The bathroom was a little outdated, but that didn’t bother us, we just needed it for showers, etc and it was more than suitable. Café del Sol was great, but the second night we ate there, they were short staffed and we had to wait 20 minutes just for the order to be taken. But I would eat there again. Their kids arcade will not occupy the kids time. It is small and not worth it. The arcades at Harveys (a short walk down the street) is 100 times better.

Overall a positive experience for the rate we paid. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Stayed here for Hot August Nights and the room was okay, had a nice view, room service was prompt, maid service great. The carpet was filthy and in need of being replaced or shampooed a few times. Stayed on the 15th floor and when getting off the elevator it was clear that one of the suites was having a party. There was very loud music, and the smell of pot being smoked and no one seemed to mind. It didn't really bother me until they brought the party out into the hallways, running up and down, screaming and yelling, slamming doors, non-stop. That turned into arguing, glasses shattering, more doors slamming. Security was called and that did nothing. Hours later security was called again, and then it calmed down, but did not stop completely.

If they put stripping around the doors to close the inch gap, that would alleviate a lot of the noise issue. Overall the place would have been okay, if this one party was not ALLOWED to take over the entire floor and the noise wasn't such an issue. However because of the noise even without a party going on, I would never stay here again.

Stockton, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I booked a a couple of weekdays for my husband's birthday at the MontBleu in Lake Tahoe. When we checked in, we were graciously given an upgraded room on the 12th floor with a partial view of the lake. The room was spacious with a whirlpool jacuzzi tub. Some negative things about our room was the decor was outdated, one of the vanity faucets leaked, the shower door stuck and when you flushed the toilet..water leaked out of the handle. Both my husband and I overlooked these problems because we didn't want to lose this room and get a standard room. The jacuzzi tub was wonderful and relaxing after our lake bike ride. We loved the indoor pool, just wished all the chaises outside weren't being refinished. The restraurant Cafe del Soul had an expansive menu at resonabale prices, for breakfast I ordered the Wild Card: 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, 2 sausage & 2 pcs of bacon for $4.99. The casino was very laid back, quiet for a weekday and not as smokey as the other casinos. Overall, we enjoyed a relaxing couple of days and will most likely return!

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Stockton, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Rude staff and not as great as the pictures made it look. The room was decent, but slightly out-dated. Clean enough. Food was nothing great. The only good restaurant was the Chop house in the hotel. Walls are paper thin.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

We got married at Montbleu in June 2010 and I have no complaints! My sister had stayed there before and the casino host gave us an amazing deal on a group of rooms for friends and family. I walked into my room and found it had a huge hot tub and the staff (or maybe my sister) had set things my sister got for us on the bed. We had candles, slippers, other gifts. The wedding itself was perfect! Ana did a great job filling all our needs and wants! The chapel is simply decorated, elegant, with a great view behind the alter! The buffet was amazing! We had a after wedding dinner there and they had a table for our wedding cake. It was the best cake I have ever tasted! The servers were very friendly and accommodating. My only regret was we had no time to try out that great swimming pool! Next time though, we will definitely be back! Rooms were clean, big, and comfy. Again, no complaints! And kudos to you, Montbleu!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Foresthill, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

We stayed here for our 1 year wedding anniversary and were very excited about it, until we saw the room. The room is plain Jane in quality but to the untrained eye looks "fancy". The towels are thin, scratchy, and they give the bare minimum amount. The bed was extremely firm and sheets not very comfy. The TV was small and got bad reception. The view was horrible , all we could see was the top of the parking garage.

The staff were willing to move us to another room right away when we discovered that the remote control for the TV in the first room was face down on the bed with white crusty sludge all over it. We were extremely grossed out and the rest of the trip we were on the look out! We did find a pubic hair on the bathroom wall. NASTY!!

There was no coffee maker, no mini fridge. The only thing we liked about the room was the hot tub. For the price we paid I was expecting comfort and pampering. How disappointing. We were pretty happy to be leaving the next morning. We will definitely NOT stay here again!

Pleasant Hill, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

My husband and I booked July 10-13 through Priceline, saving about $90 a night, which I thought was a pretty good deal. Because of bad experiences with other hotels, I called Montbleu right after booking and asked for a low floor, late arrival and a refrigerator as they do not provide one or a microwave in the rooms (!?). I was quoted $20 a night for the fridge and we thought hell no so we just replaced the ice each day in our cooler. Just a WARNING, they require a $50 a night "room protection" fee in case you damage the room. So unless you want to wait 7-10 days for the fee to return to your credit card, I'd suggest you pay cash like we did. Once we got to the hotel, I reminded them of the low floor as they had us on the 17th. I said we didn't want the 17th floor and the clerk said, "Realllly?". I guess a lot of people want the view but our room had a partial view of the lake, the Horizon Hotel across the way and the parking lot but it was no big deal. The room was spacious with a couch and chair, the bed was a huge king size with at least 8 pillows so I didn't need the one I brought. The TV is just a regular probably 24 inch Phillips. The shower is massive and round; you could probably fit 4 of your friends in with you but it has a 2 ft drop from the ledge so if you're short like us you probably should sit on the ledge and swivel your body and drop down. My husband scraped his "nether region" the first morning he tried to hike his leg up over it, lol. It's pretty slippery inside also so I put a towel on the inside floor. The water was hot and steamy, unlike the reviews that said they had cold water. But, the plumbing is old and emitted a shrill, high-pitched whistle that went right through my head as I showered, which was 20 minutes. If you shower 5 min like my husband, you'll be fine. Also, others on here have complained about not having their room made up but there were always housekeeping vacuuming sounds from the hallway and our room was always made up. Now comes the bad experience. The connecting door to the room next door was not soundproof. The first night, there was a crying baby. But the second night topped that. There were no less than 7-8 people in the next room who woke me up around 1 am with swearing, slamming doors, yelling, screaming, you name it. They must have come and left 10 times. I had just gotten back to sleep when they woke me up again with their reallllly loud swearing and arguing. As I picked up the phone to call and have Security come up, there was a loud knock on their door and Security was there. Yaaaaay!!!!! When we checked out the next morning, I complained about the neighbors and since I had already paid for the room, couldn't get a refund for that night but they gave us a $25 food voucher for the rest of the year. If you're a big gaming person, you'll be very disappointed as their gaming floor is pitiful; very small floor and not a lot of choices. We went to Harvey's and Harrah's and the places were jumpin' and I mean 3 people deep. We could barely move, there were lots of Bachelorette and Bachelor parties in full swing. All in all, can't say much bad about this place, we could have done a lot worse.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!