“Rate Average Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa

Save Saved
You added MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa to your Saves list
MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hwy 50, Stateline, NV 89449 (Formerly Caesars Tahoe)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Stateline
Sacramento, California
“Rate Average Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the Mont Bleu Casino Hotel for an overnight stay. The hotel is average. Things need to be updated. Elevators creak like something needs to be lubricated and tighten. The room we stayed is average in decor. A little dated but clean. Bed was comfortable. Nice fluffy pillows and plenty of them. Bathroom was large with double sinks and lots of counter space. Towel were nice a clean and plenty of them. House keeping did not leave plastic bag for ice bucket.

597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Carson City, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We reserved a room 2 months in advance to to attend a concert at Harvey's. The room was in serious need of updating. There was light bulbs burned out in the bathroom. There was no coffee maker and the door to the bathroom would not close. Even though we were on the 16th floor, the room reeked of cigarette smoke, causing me to wake up at around 3 am because I was so congested. As soon as my husband woke up, we checked out. The room was also ridiculously overpriced for the misery we experienced.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Julie P, Manager at MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that your room was not up to par, and I greatly appreciate your feedback. I would like to hear more about your stay and if you were in contact with any management. Please send me a private message. marketing@montbleuresort.com Have a wonderful day.
Mercer Island, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

An enormous hotel at the Nevada end of the South Lake Tahoe "strip" - incredibly dated and smokey, but with large rooms and friendly staff. Food was ok, inexpensive but one meal there was enough for us. Buffet comes with lots of choices, but is unappetizing (looked messy, food had been spilled around the serving dishes.) I realize this is a casino first and foremost, but I cannot get used to the pong of cigarette smoke everywhere, it permeates everything. Our room though was spared the smell. Cheap rates, but then one is nickel and dimed to death: want a fridge in the room $20/night, want internet speeds faster than dead slow, $$$ for upgrades, resort fee (what the heck is a resort fee $5/night and for what?) Overall a cheap overnight stay when needed, and for us, it fitted that bill.

Woodland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just returned from Lake Tahoe. Had pleasure of visiting Montbleu Resort. Had a great updated casino with many perks with their Rewards card. Had a great prime rib dinner for $9.99 and a full breakfast or $3.99. Staff was accommodating and very pleasant. Would go again!

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Thought the room was very expensive but decided to stay as we were celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary and we stayed at this hotel when it first became Caesar's Palace for our honeymoon. Well, I can say that this ISN'T Caesar's, not even close. The valet that came to greet us when we first arrived wandered over and looked at us like we didn't belong there. We should have taken the hint then. When we checked in around noon we were told that our room wasn't ready even though we requested an early check in so no problem, we went to the casino and gambled for a couple of hours. When we came back they gave us the keyes to our room with a complimentary bottle of very inexpensive sparkling wine, a plastic ice bucket and 2 plastic flutes. Not that I'm complaining about that but I think it would have been a nicer presentation to have this all set up in the room prior to our arrival, embellished with a linen napkin and a little decoration. The room was on the 12th floor and had a nice view of Lake Tahoe but you can tell that they were still using many of the items that were with Caesar's many years ago. The drapes had a hole in them and the TV was not a flat screen with not many channels to chose from. The bathroom was nice enough with the marbel floors and shower but that too was rather dated and tired looking. I'm only 5'8" but the shower head was so low I felt like a giant. The telephone on the wall next to the toilet was a nice reminder of yesteryear but being somewhat skeptical of the sanitation of a device held so close to the face and held by a hand that has been who knows where I don't think it was very necessary. The only electric receptical near the bed was behind the bed so I had to move the mattress to plug in the electronics I needed on the bedstand. There was a charge for the internet even though I was told it was covered by the "resort fee".
The next day we had breakfast in the coffee shop downstairs. I had seen information about a $3.99 special but was informed in the restaurant it was only available during the week. It wasn't until we had left that I looked closely at the same information and noticed it was available every day. The lady at the hotel checkout wasn't even aware of the special even though there was a flyer right in front of her advertising this special. The food was marginal and cold when served. Looking around the room waiting for my food I noticed cob webs hanging from the lights above.
That day just seemed like it was just getting worse. There was an all day Reggae Concert planned for that day that attracted a lot of people, mostly young people passing drugs to each other and smoking pot. Not that I was particularly bothered by that but between the lack of parking because of that as well as a large crowd of these people in the casino that I didn't want to hang around with my wife and I were forced to go next door to spend our time.
The next day when I checked out I asked to speak with the hotel manager after I noticed that the front desk clerk could care less about my concerns I discussed with her. The manager wasn't much different so I decided to leave but promised I would share my experience with as many people as possible.

Room Tip: My room number was 1225 with a nice view of the lake. If the hole in the drapes doesn't bother y...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Julie P, Manager at MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
First of all thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We always appreciate constructive feedback from our customers and I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed.

I agree with you that our rooms are in need of some updating, but unfortunately it can’t all be done at once. We are however, continually making improvements and renovations to our property. I am glad you got to spend your anniversary in one of our best lake view rooms, and we hope you spent more time enjoying that view with your champagne than the television. We all have flat screens at home right?

I do apologize about the confusion over the resort fee and the charge for internet. We are in the process of changing our internet provider and bringing the service in house. When this process is complete the resort fee will cover basic internet, but as of now our internet is provided by a third party. Our staff may have been confused as to when the change was taking place. The $3.99 breakfast special is available Monday through Friday, from 6am-11am with a Trop Advantage Players card.

Once again thank you for your feedback, it sounds like our staff may have been a little overwhelmed with the crowd from the Reggae Festival as well, it was quite a weekend for us.
I’m sorry that you didn’t experience Montbleu at our best. I know that we have a lot to overcome but I ask that you give Montbleu just one more chance. If you do decide to stay with us again, please email me directly at rclarke@montbleuresort.com before you arrive.

Have a wonderful day and Happy 4th of July!
Robin and The Team at Montbleu.
Orangevale, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at Montbleu last weekend with my boyfriend for our four year anniversary. The hotel itself was very nice. I don't normally stay in hotels that are this pricey, but I found a good deal on it so we splurged. The bed was AMAZING. So comfortable! The shower in our room was really cool, too. It was gigantic! Circular and sort of in the middle of the room. Really cool. Lots to do there. We went swimming in the pool which was REALLY cool. Lagoon setting. It was indoor, which is alright but I do wish part of it was outdoor. The hot tub was enormous, too. The pool was heated. Lots of fun. My only complaint would have to be the night life. They have this really cool bar in the center of their casino which is advertised for there 24/7 happy hour. My boyfriend asked for a beer and was not given the happy hour pricing. It was SO crowded, which is expected because it was a Saturday night. But it was filled with young adults who may or may not have been legal. It felt very high school party-ish. A fight broke out right next to us between two guys who thought they were thugs. This made us move on to Harveys and Harrah's. The actual hotel, though, was nice. For a good deal, like the one I found, I would stay again.

New Haven, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I'm torn about what kind of review to give this place. We paid $80 a night (weeknights in June) and got a big, clean, comfortable room with a partial view of the lake (also a view of the roof of the casino below, but whatever). It's a short drive to all the area attractions. We also ordered drinks & and an appetizer from room service at one point and everything was surprisingly good and only a little bit expensive (which you expect with room service). There's a big free parking lot and conveniently a 24-hour CVS basically right outside their front door. I guess the room decor is outdated, but we really didn't mind. So really, just based on these factors this is a good value for your money and it's worth trying out!

However, a lot of little things bothered me about this place. Some of these are probably common to casino hotels, though - casinos always seem out to get an extra buck out of you at every turn. So with all that in mind take the following with a grain of salt:
-The spa tub in our room did not work (the jets did not turn on). it was our honeymoon and we were really looking forward to using the hot tub considering the one at the pool downstairs was consistently full of small children splashing. My guess is they probably would have switched the room for us if we had noticed this before our last night there, but as it was we didn't try it out until then, so we were out of luck. As this was one of the deciding factors for us staying here vs. staying somewhere other than a casino, I was pretty disappointed.
-It was nice that they had an indoor pool and jacuzzi, but the pool area is definitely very outdated and a little run down looking. For a bright sunny place like Lake Tahoe, the pool area also felt really dark! As mentioned above, the whole area including jacuzzi was pretty consistently taken over by kids every time we used it- not MontBleu's fault of course but annoying when trying to relax. I never really understand why people bring kids to casinos, which are basically adult playgrounds full of people drinking, smoking, and gambling, but then again this place is very affordable so that's probably why families would go here.
-No microwave or coffeemaker in the room, and no breakfast included. I really feel like if a place doesn't include breakfast they should at least give you a coffeemaker. Of course they want you to have to buy from their Starbucks downstairs which charges $3.50 for a small coffee, or have breakfast in their restaurant.
-The TV options sucked. I don't even think I saw HBO. They had a very limited number of channels and basically if you wanted to watch anything good you had to order pay per view. Cheap!
-Front desk service was nice enough but literally told us nothing helpful whatsoever about the hotel, the casino, food options, etc. For example, it would have been nice to know that their buffet was closed for renovations and that the nice restaurant they had advertised everywhere is only open Wednesday through Sunday.
-This is typical of larger hotels, but I really wished that we'd had windows that could open. The air outside was so cool and fresh, but we had to keep the a/c on the entire time anyway since the windows didn't open.
-Spa prices seemed ridiculously high to me.

I would also add, and this again is not MontBleu's fault but just a personal note for anyone planning a similar trip, that staying in one of the most beautiful natural areas of the world just doesn't seem to go together with staying at a casino like this. It was kind of depressing after a day of hiking around the lake, visiting the hot springs, lounging at the beach, etc., to come back to a generic smoky recycled air casino at night. If I lived close by and could go here for a weekend getaway I probably wouldn't mind, but I ended up kind of wishing that for our honeymoon we'd spent a few extra dollars to stay somewhere that felt more like Lake Tahoe.

Room Tip: Higher floors probably have better views, and if you get a spa room be sure to check that it works w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!