“I liked it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa

Save Saved
You added MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa to your Saves list
MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hwy 50, Stateline, NV 89449 (Formerly Caesars Tahoe)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Stateline
Sullivan, Wisconsin
“I liked it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

First let me say that I am a travel agent. I know a bad place, from a good place, to an outstanding place. Montbleu was a good place. Let me start with the PROS…. The staff. They were very helpful and friendly. Upon check-in we were given a free upgrade to a whirlpool room. We did have an issue with a baby crying in the neighboring room and they moved us immediately (phew!). The rooms were huge and the bathrooms even bigger (Loved the double sinks and vanity). Also, we had reserved an extra room one night for a family member who was coming for a short visit. Our dear sweet uncle unwittingly came a day early and we had to cancel his room. They didn’t charge us a cancellation fee and were very accommodating. The casino. The table limits were low. The slots were loose. The drinks were stiff. Nuff said. The Spa. I had a facial and it was wonderful. They even gave a 10% discount for being a hotel guest. It was unexpected and great! The location. It was in a great spot. Close to everything… I was really glad for the CVS right next door.
The CONS. The cigarette smell. Its strong. My boyfriend had a sinus issue for weeks after we came back. The ventilation is not good. And I suspect this is because its an old hotel. Cleanliness. The bartendeners didn’t keep a very clean bar. Sticky, and loose ashes. Not a huge deal, if they were busy, but they weren’t. The rooms were tidy – but a little outdated. I think the carpet/upholstery could stand to be replaced. But I never saw any gross/unidentifiable stains.

I’m always looking for a deal, and I think this place is a deal. If they stay competitive with their prices, I’ll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

600 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great location, walk to Heavenly at a great price!! Room was not fancy, but it was clean and everything worked like it should. Internet was slow, but it ws free! Everyone was pretty friendly and helpful. Good choice for the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bay Area, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our third time staying here and probably our last. The quality has gone down since our first visit a few years back. On that trip everything was great. The rooms were clean, beds were comfy, etc...It’s been a slow deterioration. On this trip the room had a very odd smell (not the usual stuff associated with the smoke from the casino area), the bathroom had wall paper which was coming off the walls and black spots coming in, there was a rough patch job in the entry way, the beds were uncomfortable which made getting a good nights sleep kind of rough. Unfortunately I don’t have much positive to say about our stay on this trip. Last time around we had a bad time at the Café Del Soul restaurant so didn’t even eat there this go around. I do like the fact they have a starbucks in the lobby area…there…always ending on a positive note!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Do not stay here or even visit, as we did to use their Pool! The unfriendly staff at the Spa & Pool refused access to the Pool today as one of its employees named Gilbert made new Rules that no Visitors were allowed, even though clearly signs said they were! He violated the Hotel's policy on access to the Pool and then called Security to back him up, as you would expect from an unhappy disgrunted employee! He acted like a person in the wrong place or as someone from Temp Services! Why the Hotel would entrust their reputation to such an untrained and unfriendly employee is beyond comprehension!!! I recommend noone visit or stay at this place if they can avoid it at all, as Security is actually running and making their own Rules for Casino Facilities! Many changes are needed to their Staffing or Management!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
South Lake Tahoe, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Where to begin: the food poisoning, the terrible customer service, or general lack of standards. After being poisoned at the buffet we were subjected to ridicule and disdain. Upon notifying the staff of our situation we were told that without a doctors note we had no recourse. So if you are poisoned at this establishment it is your duty to drag yourself from the toilet to get a note from a liscenced medical professional to prove these imbiciles care so little about you to wash there hands before they serve you. If this does not deter you from staying at this hotel/casino here is another fun fact: whenever we could leave the room we were literally yelled at for smoking in designated smoking areas because it bothered the 20 somethings with no money and dreadlocks crowding the tables. It seemed they could do nothing right, but the worst part about our stay was their unapologetic attitude about the happenings at their establishment. It seemed that these were common occurrences and it was us (the guest) who were to blame....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

One of my worst travel experiences in quite some time, and without question my worst casino stay in 18 years of entertainment industry travel. I'm writing this at 2 AM, the hallways are full of screaming drunks, have been for several hours, and no effort being made by hotel security (do they have any?) to do anything about it.

• Stayed March 2013
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed at montbleu, every time I go to Tahoe. Checked in at front desk, the agent had no eye contact, no smile and just handed me the key. it felt like customs instead of a hotel. Rude!
Had no Internet the first night. Called front desk and spoke to linda, who told me "well, i transfer to hotline. Part time security came in and was unable to rectify it. I called back to see what else can be done. Linda simply said "nothing I can do."
2nd day comes around and only finally got Internet by 7pm. Internet was unstable and came on and off. Upon checkout, I told receptionist on what has happened. She told me " even if u use for 1 minute, it is still chargeable." No customer service, no empathy and only focus is $11.99
Had enough of the bad service, told her that I am not paying for the Internet.
Rooms were old, vending machines sold out, worst service ever and the only good thing is: I am leaving.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!