“Don't plan to sleep.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa

Save Saved
You added MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa to your Saves list
MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hwy 50, Stateline, NV 89449 (Formerly Caesars Tahoe)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
Bloomington, Indiana
“Don't plan to sleep.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

One of my worst travel experiences in quite some time, and without question my worst casino stay in 18 years of entertainment industry travel. I'm writing this at 2 AM, the hallways are full of screaming drunks, have been for several hours, and no effort being made by hotel security (do they have any?) to do anything about it.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed at montbleu, every time I go to Tahoe. Checked in at front desk, the agent had no eye contact, no smile and just handed me the key. it felt like customs instead of a hotel. Rude!
Had no Internet the first night. Called front desk and spoke to linda, who told me "well, i transfer to hotline. Part time security came in and was unable to rectify it. I called back to see what else can be done. Linda simply said "nothing I can do."
2nd day comes around and only finally got Internet by 7pm. Internet was unstable and came on and off. Upon checkout, I told receptionist on what has happened. She told me " even if u use for 1 minute, it is still chargeable." No customer service, no empathy and only focus is $11.99
Had enough of the bad service, told her that I am not paying for the Internet.
Rooms were old, vending machines sold out, worst service ever and the only good thing is: I am leaving.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a very comfortable stay in this hotel. The room was bright and spacious - the surprise was a jacuzzi in the room !! The bathroom was all mirrors and glitz but beautifully clean.
The casino downstairs had a good atmosphere and people were certainly having a good time!
We didn't use the restaurant but the in-house coffee shop served good coffee and croissants ...
The trip on the tram to the top of the mountain is highly recommended - great viewpoint and a lovely place to get the sun on a winters day.
There is a good beach - clean and sandy - surrounding the deep blue water of Lake Tahoe which made for fantastic sunset photos!
Some good quality independent shops and restaurants and a cinema along the main street.
A place that we would return to for another weekend stay...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

When the first day we checked in, we were told our type room're all booked out, the front desk told us they only had the bath without tub. A surprise but it's ok, the prolem is the shower is not working properly, the shower head keepst moving and moving, making the whole bath room ground full of water, also the shower is quite out of dated, the water pressure is very low, it takes long time to even wash your hair. The hair dry isn't working too, not blow at all. The curtain looks very funny with lots of big holes, it seems at least 50 years old. We can not sleep well in the morning b/c the light all comes through the big holes. No sleep for night too b/c lots of people keep laughing and talking at lobby. The front desk lady's face looks very cold, which makes you feel like you still owe the hotel money. WRONG decision to stay here. But my kids like the spa and swimming pool though. Otherwise I will only mark one star.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Forest Ranch California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed over the President's day weekend. The lobby area and walkways smell terribly of smoke, however for the most part the casino did not. The room was very nice,albeit a little dated. The jacuzzi tub was dirty and had stuff floating in it when we first got in (had to be drained). The bed was comfortable but could hear things from down the hall all night. The concierge had no idea when the Tahoe Queen was running nor had any brochures to provide us, It seems he was only there to sell tickets to the concert that night,

san francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

with the exception of the hotel front desk staff. No smile, no hello, just blah. But what do you expect for seasonal workers.

We've stayed at Harvey's and Harrah's in the past. We'd return back to the Montbleu. Again the rooms are dated but very well maintained.

San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've stayed in my fair shares of hotels and casinos. This time, I had an experience non like any others. I literally felt like there was a frat party happening right outside of my room.

About the room: The bedroom itself is decent, bed was comfortable, room was clean. We had a jacuzzi tub which was impossible to get into - I felt like a step would have helped.

About everything else: The party wasn't in the casino and the casino bars, it was right outside of my room at 2-4AM. It only ended becuase we finally called the front desk to complain. I get that South Lake is for partying, but people who stay here have no manners and respect for other guests in the hotel. Our room started to smell like cigarettes (we were on a NON smoking floor) and you could hear every word that the kids outside our room were staying. Cigarette butts were all over the floor and just outside of our room door in the morning exaggerating the stench. People also thought that smoking in the elevators was ok. The security at this hotel doesn't seem to be doing any security without complaining. Casino table games didn't open until 8am (my boyfriend is a big gambler and wanted to go role some dice while I was still sleeping) and overall the property is pretty run down.

I know that the prices here are more affordable, but next time I'll spend the money to stay somewhere else. And parents - I'd keep your small kids away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Julie P, Marketing at MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi and thank you for taking the time to write this review. My name is Jessica and I work in the marketing department here at MontBleu. I’m sorry to hear that you had issues with other guests being loud and people smoking in the hallways during your stay with us. I am very glad that you called the front desk to complain so we could help address the issue. We do our very best to enforce the non-smoking policy on non-smoking floors in the hotel. We have security that patrols the tower 24/7, but unfortunately there is not much we can do if the person smoking is not caught in the act. Just so you know, for people that are smoking in the rooms, we do charge an extra cleaning fee upon check-out. Again, I apologize that this was an issue during your stay and hope you’ll decide to stay with us again in the future.

Cheers,

Julie
marketing@montbleuresort.com

Been to MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!