“Great staff, dated property” 3 of 5 stars
Review of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa

You added MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa to your Saves list
MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Hwy 50, Stateline, NV 89449 (Formerly Caesars Tahoe)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Stateline
Salisbury Maryland
“Great staff, dated property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I spent three nights at Montbleu Jan 28th-30 2013. Check in was a breeze, the pricing was fantastic, $39.95 a night, second night free and breakfast each morning. Upon check in, without asking I was upgraded to a lake view, jacuzzi room. Upon entering my room (on the 12th floor) I can completely see how awesome it was circa 1985. The bathroom was HUGE, but like the rest of the room very dated. Unfortunately every time you flushed the toilet water seeped out from behind, underneath or somewhere enough to make the floor wet. The shell shaped sinks while attractive (again circa 1985) are the most impractically shaped design sinks ever! When you run water into the sink it splashes over the sides, sloshes out and again makes the floor wet.
All the fixtures are missing chrome or gold overlay from years of use. The shower had great water pressure though.
The beds were very comfortable, however the padded headboard fell to the floor when lightly touched. It was easily put back into place but had clearly been broken for a long time. Lets not even discuss the carpeting!
Cafe Del Sole was very good for breakfast lunch and late night snacks. The wait staff there was attentive, and extremely accommodating. There was a Starbucks and a cafe in the lobby.
The real hidden treasure at Montbleu is the spa. The pool is gorgeous and the spa staff was great. Kim provided an exceptional massage and the ladies side of the spa was well stocked with everything you could possibly need.
The Casino was quiet as the hotel was not very booked, but the slots were great, the dealers were cool and the hostesses never let you be without a drink. Pours were generous. One thing not to miss are the sigma derby machines. There are very few of these machines left in the country, if i am not mistaken the MGM Grand in Vegas has one and other than that few exist. It only costs a quarter to play and you can experience a piece of history.
One plus, parking is free.
I hear there is a huge renovation coming soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Placerville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here a few years ago after the remodel and I thought it was great. The whole place smelled fresh and clean and you couldn't even smell the cigarette smoke. There were lots of new casino games too. We decided to go there this year for my birthday. The big reason I wanted to stay there was for the big jacuzzi tubs in the rooms. I made sure to book a room with the jacuzzi online and I was excited for some birthday relaxation. My hubby and I showed up around 6:30 (check in is 4p.m.) and were told by the not so nice (and sick and coughing on everything) front desk lady that they had run out of all the rooms with jacuzzi tubs. (What is the point of booking one then if they will just give it away?) She said she would discount the room a lot and gave us a "deluxe" room. We didn't care about the discount just wanted a room with the jacuzzi tub. She saw that we were still upset so she pulled out passes to the new nightclub that was opening that weekend (we are a little old for that sort of thing) and gave us a bottle of champagne. Our new room was on the 7th floor and it smelled bad in the entryway of rotting food and cigarette smoke. Our toilet in our room ran and dripped all night long. I was going to call the front desk about it but then I got drunk enough to drown it out. There was a loud alarm in the middle of the night and also when the heater came on it sounded like someone was screaming so needless to say I did not sleep well.
It seemed like they got rid of a lot of casino games that were there years before, it seemed sparse now. I will say the Ciera steak house was the highlight of that place it was very good food and very good service. You definitely get what you pay for there.
My husband and I both agreed that we will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessica F, Marketing at MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hi, my name is Jessica and I work in the marketing department here at MontBleu. I want to thank you for your feedback following your recent stay and apologize that you were not satisfied with your overall experience. During the booking process online, when you select a room type, it is only noting a price point and preferred room type. However, we are unable to guarantee that room will be available when you check in. We do our best to try and give a guest a room preference upon check in, and if it’s not available we try to provide upgrades if available.

I also want to apologize that you did not enjoy your room or receive a restful night’s sleep. If you had called down to the front desk to notify us of the issues, we would have done our best to resolve the situation or move you to another room on a different floor if possible. We encourage all of our guests to report issues immediately so we can quickly address them and improve the stay of the guest.

For the casino, are there any games in particular that you were looking for or would like to see brought back? I am happy to forward your suggestions along to our casino director. We are very happy that you enjoyed your dinner though at Ciera – it is a pride and joy of ours.

Again, thank you for your review and I hope you’ll decide to give us another chance and stay with us again. Please feel free to email me directly with any suggestions.

Cheers,

Jessica
marketing@montbleuresort.com
Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The whole place smells of cigarette smoke,,, we stayed there for 2 days and it was very affordable... but the lobby and casino is like a " perpetual smoky machine " (in the engineer's words)... round the clock the place smells smoke.. and the worst of it, 3 4 times the ac in the room was circulating smoky air :o just felt like a person is smoking inside our closed room.... with a small baby, it was not at all a pleasant experience... but i guess for people who don't mind the smell of cigars, it'll be good... we reached about 4 hours before check-in...but the room was ready and we were not charged an extra dime ... the casino, lounge and bar all very affordable...wanna save some money and ready to adjust a bit ?, this is the place to go..

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side have an excellent view of the lake
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My family and I recently stayed in Mont Bleu's 'Tuscan Suite' in beautiful South Lake Tahoe, Nevada. We happened to arrive about an hour before check-in and our room wasn't ready which was no problem and we were told to come back in a hour which we did. While we were waiting, we ate in their restaurant, Cafe del Sol, which was just what we were looking for in a lite meal.
We checked into our room on the 15th floor and found it quite spacious, perhaps the largest suite I have ever stayed in. The master bathroom was huge, with a jacuzzi tub, separate walk in shower with sauna and double sinks. All quite lovely and clean (a must in this travelers book.) There was also a powder room, located off the enormous living room which looked fairly recently remodeled with nice tiling and a vessel sink. It did strike me as odd though in a suite this size that the couch was not a pull out for the kids? (When I booked this room I clearly listed 4 people would be occupying this room.) I called down to housekeeping for a roll away, which they provided after she promptly informed me it was an additional $10. Really? $10 for a roll away in an $800/ night room? Wow.

The pool was fun, big and inside, perfect for the kids who swam in it twice and loved it.
The view of the lake and the snow capped mountains was amazingly spectacular! A must see at dusk and dawn.

Overall a fine stay. The pickiness in me won't allow for a anything above a 3 star rating. For the price, minor maintenance issues such as out light bulbs all over the suite, a beeping smoke detector, well worn bedroom carpeting with cigarette burns/minor staining (in a non-smoking room?) and to top it off a not-so-friendly front desk staff (never once was I asked if I needed help with my bags upon checking in OR out or if my stay was enjoyable) land this hotel stay in the 'average & just acceptable' category. Go for the snow and fresh air OUTside the hotel -Tahoe is breathtaking!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Mateo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here last weekend due to high weekend prices at Harvey's. Have stayed here a few times before, but I think this is the last time. The hotel is a bit run down and there is many questionable people all over. The rooms are not great either and the beds are horrible. Next time I will spend a bit more and stay at Harvey's.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessica F, Marketing at MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Hi Brent,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to MontBleu. I’m sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us this time. We know our rooms are a bit dated in décor, but we do our best to make sure each room is clean and comfortable for the guests. We also work to ensure that the entire resort is well maintained and clean, even if it is a bit dated in looks. If there were items in particular that you felt needed to be updated or addressed, please feel free to email me directly. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll decide to return to MontBleu at some point in the future.

Cheers,

Jessica
MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
marketing@montbleuresort.com
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a great place to stay on the South Shore...I have stayed in many different rooms and so I will write this one review for all my stays.

First, this was the premier place to stay in the 1980's when it was Caesar's Tahoe. It has gone through a ruff patch since selling the property, but the current owners are really trying and every time I come I see improvements!

They have great entertainment here, not many places to eat, but their buffet is the best dollar for dollar on the Lake.

Freakers Ball! Halloween is a must see!

They try hard to bring you a quality product at a good price.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in or around the 19,21, 23 rooms 12th floor or higher! Excellent lake view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at the MontBleu after Xmas. Great value and comfortable beds. Loved the huge bathroom. But the shower is odd (huge bath that is awkward to step into) and you can't shower privately since it is in the main bathroom without a door. Probably needs to be updated. Room was way too warm too. For skiiers or gamblers, this is a great place to stay. Close to everything in South Lake Tahoe. Great covered parking garage too. We will probably be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!